How'd it go today?

Squish, my deepest sympathy. I had a gum graft done a long time ago. I know how bad it feels man. Hopefully they gave you good pain meds.

Lol, the pain is negligible. I'm taking the day off to avoid overexertion and tearing the stitches.

It's from injuries Wally. I have not a single cavity and all of my original teeth except for my front two which have been knocked out atleast 4 or 5 times. The latest time by my lovely dog. I'm kinda sick of it all really, pita.

I might be goodlooking, but I ain't all that fast. Lol. I always joke around with people, here toss that to me I'll catch it with my teeth.

Spent the morning chipping brush and the afternoon moving logs and grinding some stumps.

After using the mini w/grapple to bring brush to the chipper then hand feeding it in I really am agreeing with Brendon about me getting a bigger chipper in the future. I was well aware that I spent a large majority of my time this morning feeding the chipper.

Set it, and forget it. This chipper is still small, but not mini.:) Fun starts about 1:30.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/se9tQv9fXvw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Brendon, I remember watching that, it was one of the things that convinced me on the mini/grapple combo. Right now I'm moving at a very relaxed pace and not looking for work, but once things get going to where I have a job schedule to keep I'll definitely be in the market for a chipper that can keep up with the increased work pace.

I bought a big chipper first. Realizing it was running wide open while we struggled getting material to it, was the kicker for me. Mini was in hand about 2 months after chipper.

It's definetly a game changer. I look at trees differently post mini...

Took down a few pine trees today. One of the jobs was a relatively fat pine next to a house growing over top of an oak tree. I had a bit of work getting the top out of it but not a particularly big deal. Got four very nice saw logs out of it for my buddy who just bought a mill.

Afterwards I found out that 3 other tree guys had walked away from that pine saying they couldn't remove it. Too big, too tall, they couldn't do it. Made me feel good, except I could have got a lot more than $800 out of it.

Only took me 2 hours, and I had two other pines on the same property. It didn't have much brush on it either. Just fat and tall (and lightning struck).

Still a good days wage though :)

Wraptor came in real handy today. Several trees I have removed mistletoe from and one had a pine in it I removed as you mentioned Brian.
2- 70 foot ascents
3- 50 foot ascents
The other three trees I just went and head and climbed ALT as they were small.
Still have one more leader to climb in one of them, but I got way more than she expected me to do, done in 5 hours. I'll catch the last leader on my way up the road to her other house at the end of the month. All the trees had bucket access, but the HO is re-establishing the natural grasses and wild flowers and does not want any vehicles driving the property ;) Wraptor to the rescue :)

I took the day off today. Looked at some trailers to carry the mini and printed out some new banjo tabs.

Sore from lifting logs yesterday. 3 ft dbh American hickory removal. I would have preferred to load it with a machine but i opted not to. We were on a big estate. A former dupont estate. gates at every entrance, guard dogs, meditation gardens, you get the gist. It was a muddy mess and we got 2" of fresh wet snow on top of our work over night. There will be a wedding very close to where the tree stood in May. I couldn't risk any turf damage and the job needed to get done. So, we did it by hand, and billed it out accordingly.

And I am SORE.

A dolly comes in handy for jobs like that. I threw this one together for a job I had this week. Two previously topped pecans in a back yard with only a 37" gate for access. It worked quite well for the task.

Last pic is a close-up of the sharpie that my head became familiar with when the dolly wheels failed to "jump" up onto the edge of the patio whilst carting a ~800# piece.

b9751d1a.jpg

4d90cfde.jpg

a2e5670d.jpg

Sore from lifting logs yesterday. 3 ft dbh American hickory removal. I would have preferred to load it with a machine but i opted not to. We were on a big estate. A former dupont estate. gates at every entrance, guard dogs, meditation gardens, you get the gist. It was a muddy mess and we got 2" of fresh wet snow on top of our work over night. There will be a wedding very close to where the tree stood in May. I couldn't risk any turf damage and the job needed to get done. So, we did it by hand, and billed it out accordingly.

And I am SORE.

I feel your pain brother...

I like using dollys too. Ball carts really. This work didn't need the material forwarded. I was able to sneak the truck in to the work a few times without leavig tire tracks. It was just a matter of quartering and lifting the rounds. If I insisted on it, I could have used a machine. But things are slow right now and I'm not in a race.

Cut those square corners off that damned thing before it hurts you . Those bigger tires are a real good plan .

Too late for the first round as it has already drawn first blood,:lol: but yes, grinding the corners is on the to-do list. The tires are 13s, and they do make rolling easier under a load. The whole she-bang was built on a whim, with the plan to build a better one if this one worked out. This one worked so well, I'll prolly leave it alone, other than a little judicious grinding here and there.

Discovered that my stump grinder just needs a solenoid, cheap and easy fix. My 192t just had a bent spring for the off/ run/ choke switch, which was a free, easy fix. I know people don't think much of 192ts, but I like it a lot. I was disappointed to have to break out my echo 3600 top handle as the back-up to the 200t. The 192t with a 14" fits the bill much better than the 200t with a 16" for many situations, like awkward reaching one-handers, and really, how much faster can a 200t, cutting a wider kerf, go through a 1-2" conifer branch, at probably 80% of the weight, and sips gas, too. 200t's defiinitely have their place, no doubt, but at just a little bit longer, I have to hold it up off the ground walking tree to tree, while bringing a climbline, and possibly a rigging line, etc.

Not much today so far .Fire wood of course which is an every 4 day thing to fill the rack in the garage .

Fixed one of the couchs which is a double end recliner type .It did just fine until one day a while back my wifes oldest son must have thought it was a trampoline and bounced all 275 pounds of his jelly belly down on it and it hasn't been the same since .Damned if his younger feather weight bro did the same thing at 260 pounds .:what:

Repaired it by installing 6 intermediate legs with nylon slides which because of the way it's made should have been in the original design .That SOB will hold an elephant now by golly .:)

I agree Sean, I use a 192 a lot if I'm not making big cuts. I already had 2 of them when Carl convinced me I needed a 200, and since they're paid for, I continue to let them earn their keep. With a sharp chain, they aren't slackers themselves.

Back