How'd it go today?

Signed the papers and took my new too me VW GTI off the lot today after work. Dad drove it home and I drove it around a bit when we got back doing some small errands. The whole standard transmission thing is starting to click I think, haven't stalled the car once so far today, much better than when I test drove it lol.

Tucker

I've been spraying my undercarriages with Amsoil Metal Protector the last few years. Works great.

Although just this year, I was looking at a fellow TH members truck and asked him why it was so clean. He yanked out a gallon of this ugly labeled, funny smelling stuff called "Fluid Film". It's been around since the 40's, made of something from sheep wool. I did my research and it was used by the government to protect the interior of boats from rotting out. It goes back a while.

Needless to say I bought a gallon, it's not a paint product, and it does have a life span. About 1 year the guy told me. I got a nifty spray gun with it to. So all the trucks will get done, everything. I even got a 360 degree wand to stick inside the door panels, bed seems, etc. Just sprayed it on one of my strokes oil pan this morning actually.

got it from this guy, he's in Mass.

http://www.kellsportproducts.com/

Eastwood sells a road salt neutralizer too, though never tried it.

Ya, dat fluid film is good stuff, might not last a whole year though, depends on driving/weather conditions I think.

How did you sell a cord in this weather??? You the kind of guy that sells ice to Eskimos too??

I gotta check that out. Thanks for mentioning that. It's a crime what salt does. I usually strip the underside of all my work trucks down and do them in Rust Mort or Rust Shield, I forget which one. I used to use chassis saver but rust Mort got my attention a bit back because it takes any existing rust, and chemically converts it to no longer be rust as opposed to just sealing over it like chassis saver. I've gotten it down to a science at this point. Pressure wash under carriage, hit any mild flaking or rust with a big needle scaler and braided wire wheel, blast it all clean with compressed air, and hit it with a spray gun of coating of choice. I can do the whole shebang in a day. It might sound dumb to some guys, but I work way too hard for my gear just to watch it rot away on me.

I'm going to check your link out.

What are you getting for a cord, if you don't mind saying. My main guy has been getting $250 for a few years, but with the glut of wood and warm weather, plenty of guys are selling for $190, but junk quality/unseasoned, no doubt.

Gemplers rust converter is good stuff, too.

I saw a discovery channel show on corrosion...wow, ubiquitous, scary stuff. You wouldn't believe the degree and frequency of the measures the US Navy takes with it's ships re anti corrosion- lots of hi tech stuff along with lots and lots of sailors spending lots of time scraping and painting.

No shame in selling firewood on Craigslist. I moved 50 cords from Craigslist alone this winter. I create an ad, refresh it every 48 hours when the site allows me to. Ya, there's some tire kickers, but 95% of the fokks wanted firewood on the spot with cash in hand. It wasn't like trying to sell a car on there. Put an ad in "general" and an ad in "farm & garden"...... One ad put up on day one, the other ad on day 2. That way, each day you are able to refresh one of those ads and have a new ad up daily without retyping constantly.

My wood is not seasoned, and it was advertised as so. Although currently I am sitting in a house that's 83 degrees burning that said wood. It's mixed logs ranging from 1-2 years, although it was just freshly split 3-6 months ago. To me seasoned is 8 months plus being split. Market price for seasoned around here is about 200-250. I advertised mine at $180. I really just want to sell it, as I stacked the pile in the wrong spot. :|:

You ever notice oak takes alot longer to dry than most any other species??

That's why I like locust alot, dries quick, seems to throw heat just about as much as oak.

I had exploratory dental surgery today. Fun times, my other front tooth needs to be extracted too. Nothing like stitches in your gums.

Hope yours goes as easy as mine did Squish. Hasn't bothered since the morning after they came out.

just finished 2nd coat of drywall mud on back room. Done or not I quit when the 11 o'clock news comes on.:roll:

Had a good day today learning the ins and outs of the new mini & attachments. Very happy with everything so far. Only problem I've found is the exhaust on the mini isn't quite centered in the hole it goes through in the side plate and it rattles a bit when it idles. easy adjustment tomorrow should take care of it.

Back