How'd it go today?

A couple years ago a place on my way to work had a big fat old weeping willow .Must have been 6 feet in diameter and maybe 15 feet of trunk .Well they lopped the top off .When that damn thing branched out again it looked like a woman with a bad hair day for a couple years .It's been about three years and it's just about as bushy now as it was prior .That thing looks like a big hairy mushroom .

Brian came to visit this week. Just left a few hours ago. Had a blast and he learned me alot. Seems like everytime I have met a treehouser in person it has affected me in a very positive way.

Btw. The mustang is seriously badass. You can't help but grin when mashing the pedal...

I ran errands and picked up my general building permit before city hall closed at noon. Overall, I took it easy since there was rain falling inside the house faster than I could mop it up

Done with that thinning job for a month... Time to take a day off tomorrow and get stuffed :D
Seth has a good case of PO yesterday.. He was swinging on the vines :lol: He was told not to.... Buttttttt.
Of course he forgot to put his gloves back on and fed the fire as well... Might listen next time;)
God only knows how many cord of wood we have burned the past couple days :lol:

delivered several ricks of firewood this morning, smashed my finger between 2 pieces (it still fn hurts too), took my cub scout den to the local air force base where one of my dads is an instructor pilot and we got to take the simulators for a spin. Thats pretty dam cool! Planning on a 4 day weekend but im sure someone will screw it up by wanting some wood.

Brian came to visit this week. Just left a few hours ago. Had a blast and he learned me alot. Seems like everytime I have met a treehouser in person it has affected me in a very positive way.

Btw. The mustang is seriously badass. You can't help but grin when mashing the pedal...

Like. :D

Scott shows as much facial emotion as Steven Seagal, but he managed to break out in a huge grin once he got his foot into the happy pedal on the Mustang.

2370014112_c6b54969c0.jpg

Had a great time. For those of you who haven't figured it out, Scott has got it going on! Not only is he establishing himself as the premier Certified Arborist in Hartsville and surrounding areas, but he also has a lovely family and a very cute little house. His 5 month old daughter has him wrapped around her finger already. :)

The Stang rode really good for a sports car. Course we werent really cruising either!!

Stupid power, even with traction contol on,it would break loose nicely!!!

Towards the end of the day a half million dollars worth of quipment rolled up at the neighbors. They musta spent all the money as there was none left for PPE. I watched them use the bucket truck (ALofCT) to drag pieces across the lawn like a winch. They also loaded logs with the boom, it was amazing.

Loading logs with an ALC is totally 100% verbotten. Nor using it as a crane. That stuff never happens with my ALC. Guys that do it are certified hacks. Sure they might do it and get away with it, even alot, but it just reeks of the worst kind of hack, ham and egger, git r done tree man. Guys like that are a JOKE

Sideloading the lower boom is not allowed, as far as I know, so dragging would be out. And any guys I've seen do that, I've seen it a couple times from my comp. aren't using the lowerboom lifting hook they're either tying off to the end of the upper boom or worse the safety attachment point that's meant for the harness. It's not for me.

Some units may be rated for it and that's fine. ALC is not. Those units are mad productive without goin redneck on them.

Had a good day today. Pruned a bunch of oaks for the proverbial "plant lady." Every suare inch of soil covered with some type of exotic vegetation, except for a narrow brick path throughout the entire yard. It was a hassle, but we got it done with no major disasters. Finished up a couple hours ahead of schedule and she gave the crew $20 each for a tip.

Took the Yellow Hammer out for a shake down run tonight after replacing the rear differential. It did well, first time I've rode it since the end of September (bought the RZR)

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1322266275460.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1322266275460.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 21
Back