How'd it go today?

Wet and windy sweetgum TD so another can remove oak over the house with crane:confused: Must be the fear of going over his minimum, fair pay no clean up :)

I started off with one of those Monday's...spilt bar oil from my 261 down my left leg and boot....UGHGH.

Blasted stihl caps! But it turned out alright, I hauled a shitpile of brush and now need to haul a smaller shitpile, but buck up a large shitpile of fire wood.

There's a dandy fir log that still needs tipping over...I'm almost inclined to bring a crane in for the wood. Probably a 25 section of clear second growth. Small amount of sweep in the butt (that sounds funny), but straightens out quick. Oh well...firewood I'm sure.

Old timer I'm working for gave me his 038 to tinker with. Damn thing looks like it was bought for a single tree and then put on a shelf for years. Wants it up and running and sharpened. I have a feeling I could most likely sell him some days for me to come and split the large shitpile of wood that I'll be leaving at his place. Probably be able to get a day rate + splitter rental outta it, be good to stay busy in the slower mo's.

Doesn't sound like he's too attached to the saw either...might have to make him an offer. It's purdy.

I saw the neatest show on PBS last night .It was a special on "do wop " music of the late 50's and 60's of which I knew most every song word for word ,I mean I lived through that period ya know

What I found amazing is although those groups are in their late 60's early 70's they sound as good as back in the day .

There was a little darlin by the name of Kathy Young who had a one hit wonder "A thousand stars in the sky " not only did she sound fantastic but at 66 she looked fantastic .

today was one of those days that makes me wonder if im working for a tree co or what. jack-hammered a 5'x15' section of asphalt out of a game court to get at the roots heaving it from beneath. then dug trench and installed 30 feet of root barrier. im beat. i hope i get to climb trees tomorrow.

i enjoy working on trees unseen parts;). i just dont enjoy so much fighting my way through 30' of roots for 3 hours. did i mention they were Ailanthus altissima?

other side of the property line. also a pepper tree and a canary palm, but the TOH is the wrecker of the bunch. the root we excised was probably 25 feet from the tree and still 4" dia.

I just removed one that was battling to strangle a Gleditsia triacanthos roots. And pushing out a retaining wall over parking spaces...........
Guess it's all money. Just dead wooded three not so long ago as well... :lol:

Started a new climbing position in Portland, OR today. Still based out of Bend though, so lots of weekend driving. Psyched to be getting into some Big trees and working under some great climbers, should be great experience. Only downside is lots of rain... :\:

I do but Mrs Smith must get up 4 or 5 times a night .Gotsta wee wee I guess .

I can drink half a dozen brews and not awaken but in the morning pizz like a race horse .several times .

Back