How'd it go today?

Is it just me and my phone or is the bike not visible in that picture?

42afacec-36b1-cb76.jpg

Spent another day on another driveway and I believe I am done with most of that section. Now I will remove her gray pine next month and then work below the driveway if we get burn days when she schedules next year. Got paid and came home to a check. Sweet :)
Now if I can just shake this cold :P
Wraptor gets to go play tomorrow on some hanger removals :)

Nice ride Carl.

Good day here today. Day two of a big pruning job. Pruning a shit ton of Pin Oaks for road clearance on a horse farm. Highlight of the day was getting some practice in driving the chip truck around.

Had an interesting little project today. Had to make 10 pieces of tongue and groove flooring for a light house restoration project. Made some of it on the table saw and the rest I had to do with hand planes. Would have been faster with the right match plane, but couldn't find one the right size.

Had a good day.

Nice work for good pay. Brought home a nice load of logs for next years firewood stash, and priced more work for them.

I did feel like a zoo animal though. There wasn't one time during the day that they were not outside watching. I couldn't take a piss.

Just got up from a 3 hour long nap, gotta luv Saturday afternoons in the winter!

Took down some hangers out of a CA black oak and reduced it for snow load. Then pruned out a little canyon live oak over a roof and deck. Last tenant in the place made a lot of ugly cuts and I doctored them some. Came out nice. I left the Wraptor in the truck as they were easy climbs and I needed to shed some holiday dinner tummy :D
Got paid almost my day rate for 1/2 days worth of work. Sold her some mulch for another oak and pruning her apple trees :)
Was pretty much tee shirt weather by noon. Just a really nice day :)

And then Sunday comes along.... I got to sleep in late and that felt good. Seems the powers that be dictate I have a down day. Went to town with Lilly in tow as it is her "turn to go to work" :D Stopped and saw Kat at work and then saw grandma and grandpa. Took them and Lilly out to lunch. Lilly dressed all up like a princess (she dressed her self). Then off to the hardware store to get some dremel bits to do some more work on the Willys. Got the bits and some Christmas bows that Lilly insisted were stars for her hair and returned home to get to work. Seems some one has misplaced the Dremel tool:X
So I guess I get to buy one again...:what:
Go to put a wheel jack on the chipper tongue, bolts too short and I will have to purchase some in town. Then come to find out I nicked the trailer hitch on the new to me little trailer and broke the latch...
I put dinner in the oven and started watching one of Gerry's vids... Just seemed safer and less frustrating :lol:

What did I do today, hmm.

Installed the rest of the pine v-groove paneling in my bathroom. Finished with that and split a few logs of wood. A little every day makes the pile disappear. Unloaded the log trailer from yesterday, the grapple lever seems sticky, have to mess with that this week. Washed my truck and the freebie power washer went kaput. Have to order a pump. Stopped at my friends and burned a big brush pile.

Brought the big truck home for a couple hours to catch up on some maintenance and make sure it's ready for next week. Replaced the two Hobb's switches in the turret since one died earlier this summer and the other started giving me fits last week. They are pressure switches which are hooked up to the two levers up in the bucket which allow me to raise/lower the engine speed and stop/start the truck engine. I checked fluids and greased it, put one of my new 200T's in the saw box and then took it back to the yard.

Seems some one has misplaced the Dremel tool:X
So I guess I get to buy one again...:what:
Don't feel so all alone I've managed to missplace two myself so far .Oh they're here allright just where is the big question. It sure would be handy sometimes if I could bit up all three of them to keep from changing tools all the time .

Here's my dilemma Al... Too many hands in my kit. I recently bought a brand new soldering gun to replace an iron that just disappeared from my tool chest one day. I go out to find it the other day and can't. Just on chance, I went down to the green house to see if Rob had been using it to wire the hydroponics he is toying with. Somehow, even though he did not use any solder :/: solder was all gone. I also had to clean the shat out of the tip as he used it to melt holes in the plastic pipe he was using. This is a common scenario of all the tools and what nots here. Too many hands taking and not replacing them back.
Just irritates me to no end.

Spent most of the morning and early afternoon clearing up the downed limbs all over our property; netted a cord of wood out of the deal, and a shitload of brush that needs chipped. Filled in the holes from having the septic pumped, and topped off all the fluids in the bucket.

Capped it off with some Patriots victory, and a movie date with the missus.

Life is good.

A gardner hired me to remove some dead Hinoki from someone's garden. Had to piece them out and lower by hand with a rope. They were pretty shaky. The homeowner turned out to be the aged relatives of a very good friend of mine, the man being a retired junior high English teacher, and he could actually speak pretty good English in a halting sort of way. Came home with some real fine apples.

Day was just one of those Mondays. I called ahead to the client we were supposed to go to for the next couple days as I had an issue come up and they were a no show last month. Never called me back so I sent Rob out to process firewood from a tree we TD'd. Then I went with Kat to pick up the van with the kids in tow and drop off the rental the next town over. All went according to plan and I had several stops anyway on the way back.. Drop commission check off at a landscaper friend that landed me a nice job. Look for a new dremel (that no one had in stock :what: ). Then took all of out to lunch at a restaurant that a buddy just opened after selling his other one to his business partner (I don't think it was friendly at that point :/: ). Seth stopped at Rite Aid with the money that was burning a hole in his pocket and bought a RC truck. Then I went and joined Rob for the remainder of the day. Think I will make a pot roast and call it a night...

Back