How'd it go today?

What did your wife do Stig?

Worked in the vegetable garden, why?

I'm a bit of a zombie today. Didn't get much sleep last night.

I'd just fallen asleep when the dogs woke me up, because somebody was at the door.

It was our neighbour's 16 year old daughter. Her Border Collie pup had gone AWOL, would I please bring Sam & Thais and have them track it down.

So me and the dogs spent half the night searching through the fields and forest for the little lost pup.

Finally found it enjoying a late night soccer game with some boys at the refugee center. They had walked by our neighbour's house and the dog had followed them home.

I told them that dog-napping was a sure way to get shipped back to wherever they had escaped from;)

Reminds me of a book I read as a child, Scout. a series about a do good german shepherd. In Holland my parents said he was known as "Snuf" the hound. :)
1725426.gif

She worked in a madhouse, bedlam, psychiatric hospital.

Her "Clients" were hard core psychotic drug abusers. Our wonderful rightwing ( rightwing to us, anyway!) government have systematically cut down on the whole psychiatric care system for a decade.
So they don't have near enough personnel to keep the inmates from hurting each other and the personnel.
The last two years she worked, she really hated it, constantly being afraid of getting hurt ( one of her colleges were knifed and barely survived), so it was a blessing when she could take early retirement.

Now she does volunteer work, is a caretaker at a bird reserve and keeps us in veggies.:)

Stig, I am glad your wife was able to retire early, High stress jobs like hers will really take there toll on every aspect of ones life.
elg.

Well today I got about 2 1/2 cords split of that ash,maybe a cord and a half left of what I have chunked up on the ground .Really not too bad for an old fart .

Now in the morning the game changes . 36 " bar on a 084 to stump one out then drop another right over the first .I haven't had that arm breaking SOB started in a year ,Might go ,might not .

Dragged some brush back to the mulching pile and raked a bit, trimmed a few bushes, string trimmed about 1/3rd of the place, and took a micro-econ test online. Thought about mulching the pile down a bit but that can wait for some cooler temps...

I cut and split a couple cords this am too. Figured I better get it split so it can dry out and didn't want to do it in the heat

Well now on that heat ,it was in the high 80's today buuut there was a breeze .Under the shade of the canopies it was not bad at all .Out in the sun it would have been a scorcher .Move slow and drink a lot of water .

Finally got some summer heat yesterday upon returning home from a weekend in the Cascades. Camped with Amy at Walupt Lake, canoeing, biking, hiking. Rupert is becoming a real canoeing dog, on calm lakes at least.

Second day of painkillers. My neck hurts as hell....
I'm not used to them(usually I never take them) and my stomach is not reacting very well
Should take a break but I'm still working part time with my boss and he is pretty busy at the moment.
Is it just Tuesday right? ;)

This is kind of neat .After working my butt off today I was sitting on my patio drinking a Bud and looked up in a big white oak . Danged if the red tail hawks don't have a nest or aerie in that thing .You can't hardly see it but it's tucked in the crotch of a big limb to right of the picture .The tree is over a hundred and I'd guess the nest is about 75 feet up .

Surprising to me danged fox squirels were scampering around .Evidently old brer hawk can't snatch a squirrel out of a tree .That or those are brave or stupid tree rats .

Attachments

• Another ash 021.jpg
    Another ash 021.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 46
Worked in a cloud of sooty mold spores all day and it's going to be like that tomorrow as well. Hacking up almost a black tar and my lungs hurt like hell. Coupled with the humidity, my asthma is kicking in with a vengeance. Hope the meds kick in so I sleep good the next couple of nights.
Get these two houses and a cabin done and its back into the trees for a few days. Starting a new client in a couple and I want to have air to climb with.
Katy will be home with the kids soon, guess I best start dinner and quit lollygagging reading yous guys :lol:

Took yesterday and today off from school or working. Went next door & had some of my birthday cake with my mom yesterday, read two books. went to Sec. of State to get tabs for my car, waited 45 minutes to see 10 munbers get called and they had 35 to go to get to me...left and will try again tomorrow :roll:, now watching a few episodes of IRIS on Hulu. Might read another book of this series tonight.

Back