How'd it go today?

On the government office thing, go in the morning and get your number. Take off for a couple hours and go do something- anything except sitting in the waiting room. Go back and see how close they are to your number.

I did this last year when I renewed my license. Got my number mid morning then came home and surfed the internet in comfort for 3 hours. Went back after a nice lunch and only had to wait about 12 minutes. :D

Brian, that's about how we have to work it here. I really miss KY when i have to deal with MI gov't offices.

I've never had to wait very long at the Registry. One visit for a license renewal I was on gov property for less than eight minutes, including walking to and from the truck.

Which is kinda retarded, since CDL drivers are the least likely to have the time to eff around waiting in line to begin with.

But CDL drivers are held to a higher standard due to the increased responsibility of controlling much heavier vehicles on public roads..

The longest I've ever waited is about 10 minutes at our local office.

BTW, do they still have motor vehicle inspections in NJ? That was an all-day fiasco. :X

Alabama's CDL renewal is no different than a standard license renewal (except more money). You have your mugshot snapped, sign the electronic pad.....and hand them your $53.

Job today grew.. Lady called last night thrilled we had done 3/4ths of the acreage and one of two houses.. We had cleared for CDF inspection on the new garage they built and I guess they never signed the final on it. We fixed the problems with the ladder fuels and they never reinspected or she forgot to recall the inspection. Sooooooo.... In the mean time, I guess the brush on the propane tank and the eucalyptus patch near the rental got tagged for violation on their rental. So we had fun slaying and chipping eucs today. Nuttin more than 6-8" DBH. There was an old deck in the middle of them so I am guessing a Yoga or meditation area. See them here and there up here.
She also is going to have me prune some fruitless mulberry and an ash (?). I tried to upload pics to pick you alls brains to check on my guess.
Internet has been real flaky since we had that big thunderstorm a while back. Try again later.
Now I am going to set up a weed eater for Seth to play with in the yard. He is very excited. :D

CDL renewal in Ohio is just an eye examination and I think 35 bucks .

In other news I split a tad over two more cords and stacked one .Slow but sure .I'll get-er-done given enough time .

Six cords of that ash so far .On the ground ,sliced ,diced and stacked .Oh Lawdy I have to get back to work so I can rest .

Took down a couple trees today equipped with a few ant nests each :P Took a good sized leader from off the corner of the roof by rigging it with the big shot. HO was impressed. They added one blue oak that just suddenly died on them. I was supposed to kill one more little live oak, but it turned into a roof clearance prune. He wants/ she wants situation. :lol: Took a bit of mistletoe out of it as well as I went just for sport. Had to hack my way in any way. Might have landed a gray pine TD with the HO's neighbor.
Going back tomorrow. I have a couple of white oaks I need to remove limbs over the roof to do.
One is the bullet tree. I should be able to get pics of that mess tomorrow :lol:
I need a shower. I smell of formic acid. Fuggers ate me alive today. There just was not enough ant spray :P

That damned EAB causes the bark to just seperate from the tree .I had some sections big enough to build a canoe out of .I kid you not before I'm done I'll bet I had a pick up full of just bark to clean up .

Back