How'd it go today?

New Egg delivery came. That made my other wise frustrating day better. New mother board for the future build. New power supply to test my old box to see if the old PSU (#2) went bad. So far system seems stable. Good to have her back. Makes my office job a tad easier. Not to mention less info loss in my back ups. IOW.. no loss :D
So now just a couple more items and I have a new puter ;)
Customer yesterday gave Levi an Apple unit. Once momma picks a place to put it.. he will be (and is excited) a happy camper.
Down side of the day is that two of the dogs tore up a baby goat. So I am having to give ultimatums and load my gun. Kids had me to my wits end today testing my limits since Wyatt came home. Nuttin but bickering all friggen day. I turned drill sargent and had everyone calling my YES SIR faster than you could shake your finger. I have had to take some Percocet for my back that I have no idea what I did what to. Must have just lifted something wrong into or out of the truck last night.
Ended up hunched over cooking lunch & dinner for everyone because NO ONE stepped up to do jack shat.
Felt like I had an Andy day.
TG I go back to work tomorrow before I kill something. Literally.
Rant over.. Just one of those days.:banghead:

As some of you know I did two spruce trees today. I got a chance to look at the estimate from another company and they wanted a grand apiece for a 40 foot tree with stump with a clear LZ as far as the eye could see. This was for an elderly lady on SS and O2, really? I think some companies are out to bid themselves out of business.

I appreciate the comments on some work coming my way. Hard to break free of the spell, however, about 9AM or so, we were setting up and the ground plus crane starts rolling around pretty rad, a five point something shaker centered in the big town about thirty minutes away. Some damage reports, and I heard that there is a crack in the old castle wall. Odd that we had a few small rollers last night, but then followed by the larger one today, the opposite from how those things usually go. A different fault line from the huge quake, but they are saying that the earth might be moving around in an unforeseeable manner for some time. :|: I guess it is somehow all related. Some heavy rains moved in, still the typhoon season, so we packed up after lunch, so it should make for a full day tomorrow. Feeling productive kicks A, quakes and all.

My fat ass is on a crew today, gonna take down a large maple (overhanging the neighbors garage, zero drop zone) that we bolted and installed 2 Cobras in last year, looks like the neighbor won the battle...........

After I get coffeed up I'm going to attempt to break loose a stuck engine on my old 77 pick -me- up .I hadn't started it in a couple years and the freakin thing froze on me .

It's had a good soaking in Kroil for about a week .Now it's a matter of using an oil filled grease gun through an adapter made from a spark plug to hydraulically shake it loose .Something will happen .Either move the engine, bend a rod,blow the head gasket . It a couple hours I'll either be smiling or pizzed off .

Well today just went really sour. I just drove over the new family puppy and killed him. Somehow I did'nt see him hiding under my pickup wheel when I got in and reversed out.

RIP Sweep, 12 week old Jack Russell.

I tend to be somewhat philosophical about these things, but I have a wife and 2 kids in floods of tears. He was a gift from my business partner's wife a few weeks back, tiny little thing. Not having had a tiny dog before, he was a great addition to the family.
5c047b5b-9db5-27a2.jpg

5c047b5b-9dca-d71b.jpg

Success with the old Ford .Broke it loose and fired it up .Smoked like it was fogging for mosquitoes with the oil in the cylinders .My wife thought it was on fire as I came driving it out of the woods .:lol:

My condolences, Ed. Times like this are when you find out exactly what kind of dad you are. I'm sure you'll find the best way to work through it.

Sorry Ed.
Good deal Al. My Dad had a John Deere "B" that was froze and he made an air line adapter for the spark plug hole and put a bunch of diesel in the cylinder then put the compressed air to it.

Back