How'd it go today?

no kidding. my potatoes are doing wonderful, kind of leggy but otherwise healthy. The field grown ones I saw in WA the last couple days are much more dense and squat, I am thinking they must have planted them later than I planted mine. See what the harvest yields.

Been eating tons of salad greens... They all did real well this year.... Should come to end soon.
I want my tomatoes and peppers!!!!
Squash ain't getting pollinated.. hardly any bees helping out this year.
I think hey got caught with the goofy weather.

I think it was marigolds that help keep the bugs off... If you plant them in close proximity... I'll check...... Companion plants I think was given to Rob by the master gardeners here.

Around here marigolds are used to keep rabbits away...they work as far as i've heard...

Removal of a completely dead Araucaria Araucana ( Monkey puzzle tree ???)...little garden, no way for notch and drop so had to climb it.
Well...that hurts.

I sprayed a little soap and water mixture on the cabbage, seems to be working against the crawlers so far. Just have to remember to wash the leaves before eating.

Hot as hell weather tree work yesterday and today, the sweat pouring off, but stoked to be working. :multi:

:thumbup:

Cut a split lead out of a Mulberry that was leaning over my house. Didn't really like taking 1/3rd of the tree out but will be taking it and the Box Elder next to it that is growing over my pole barn out eventually to make room for another project anyway.

Got everything cut into movable sizes and staged for dragging to the "mulch pit" tomorrow.:roll:

Steve. No lightening strikes close to me... Just all around us... Miles out.. but....
Looked like Yosemite was getting hammered.

Marigolds help with tomato worms...
There is a little purple flower, Borage, is supposed to help with more insect pests as well.
borage.jpg

A friend of mine is moving into his new workshop and disposing of any surplus tools that he doesn't want cluttering the place up. So far I've made off with a 9" South Bend, piles of tooling and a half a ton of No. 1 scrap iron.:lol: I've been looking for a lathe for a long time, I've got a bunch of small projects I want to work on. Now that I've got a good workspace I can set it up and work on them this winter. He's got a few leads on some Bridgeports as well.:/:

He wouldn't put a price on it, but said we'll work it out later. Typically that means he just wants it out of his way, but doesn't want to admit he's giving it away. He's got another 9", and a big Rockford, a J-head and some other tools that I can use if the 9" isn't enough. He's done a lot of work for me over the years and won't take anything for it, so I find ways to help out. He fixed a part on my father's skid loader a couple of years ago when he had no way to get it fixed. 40 hours of machining and he only wanted a little compost for his garden. I brought him a dump truck load.:/:

Friends helping friends makes our world go 'round. Nice, Dave.

BTW, if I was richer than all the gods put together, I'd hire you, bring your whole family out for as long as it would take, and beg you to build me a fresh timberframe shop/garage/studio/guest quarters building to die for, your design and no limitations.

Unfortunately, all I really can do is offer my complete admiration of your art. Thanks again for sharing it with us mere mortals.

Oh say on those potatoes if you plant egg plant the potato bugs prefer them to potatoes .It doesn't keep them away just gives them something else to dine on rather than the spuds.

Hemp plants do something too in regard to garden pests but I can't remember exactly what .

That book might be on the net now of days,I haven't checked .

Here's how that works, Al...if you have hemp in your garden, you tend to not care very much at all how the potatoes are doing :D.

Back