How'd it go today?

I've been eying them for a while now. Being able to go from wood, to steel with the same blade is priceless. No sparks either, cut is cold after cutting too. Obviously if you are banging out large quantities of thicker steel, they sell a dedicated steel blade for that. Sucker weighs 50 lbs.

That would be great. As we have been working on the deck and soon to resume Wood Henge We could really use that versatility. We strap with cross arm straps and the pressure treat is hard on saws.

Will it cut an 8x10 timber?:/: I don't cut much steel anymore, and I have a Miwaukee hand held bandsaw as well as bigger stand alone steel band saws, so I've been eyeing the new Bosch SCMS, as well as the Festool Kapex.

I just wanted to rest, that's all! Mom called, she'd gone downtown with dad to the home show and locked her keys in the car. Away Bubba and I go.
Got an "emergency" call, the fill for this places diesel tanks is the low spot in the loading dock and have a ditch to drain it. The ditch is full of ice for the most part and looked to be concrete. It was part of the way, but the other 100yds was pure D mud! I told them to get some shovels and hire some day laborers to dig it out, I'm not getting a skid steer buried in that mess!

Those steel cutting circle blades are awesome. Just wear long sleeves and a face shield. The chips are hot!

Well, I got the call yesterday afternoon. They arrested the Mad Jacker again, this time for breaking into our place. 2 felonies and 1 misdemeanor. $ 8,000.00 bond.

I may take the concealed class today. The class is 1 hundred bucks, not sure if I will ever even carry, so I'm not sure if I'll go. I mainly want to know the law in Florida.

v8lj6c.jpg

Poor guy, he is the talk of the town. John likes to have lunch at a place in town and he said when he walked in, everyone in there was talking about the incident.

Yesterday was a decent day. Very productive. I had a nice fella approach me at the gas station on the way home and inquire about employment. He climbs for Asplundh currently. Nice guy aside from the fact that he had just shot the motherload of heroin. The conversation went well aside from him leaning on my truck for support as he nodded off, needing 3 tries to say his last name, and drooling.

Man, all these guys and their high math talk...I'm still trying to figure out explicit differentiation in calculus. So far I have derived quite a few expletives......

Last year when we had a thread going about Arbourwear and how great their pants are, I got inspired and visited their homepage.
I was feeling particularly affluent that night and ended up buing 6 pair of different pants, 2 chamois shirts , a double thick sweatshirt, a cap and a belt.
When you have to pay for transatlantic shipping, buy big.

When I came home from work today there was a nice letter from arbourwear: " Thanks for helping make last year a success" and a voucher for $50 off my next purchase.

Nice:)

I absolutely frigging love those chamois shirts. They are so nice that I can't bring myself to use them for work.

The double thick sweatshirt is great to have in the truck for quick breaks. For long breaks I preset the cabin heater so the truck is nice and toasty.

I've used their pants for years and really like them.

I use the lightweight cotton ones for daily off work wear.

Back