How'd it go today?

Finished splitting mad firewood with a rental hydraulic splitter. Makes the wife happier. She hates the firewood outside, but Loves the firewood inside. Our first winter in our house, no wood stove, as there was no firewood dry, and no extra money for it, so she spent the winter in a winter hat and fleece jacket in the house all winter. Now we melt.

Small trailer loads of dry firewood in the winter brings in many tree jobs. I have a little trailer that is about 1/3 cord tossed in. I only sell it near my house, to reach the local crowd that might have a tree to be looked at while the firewood is being delivered.

Finished splitting mad firewood with a rental hydraulic splitter. Makes the wife happier. She hates the firewood outside, but Loves the firewood inside. Our first winter in our house, no wood stove, as there was no firewood dry, and no extra money for it, so she spent the winter in a winter hat and fleece jacket in the house all winter. Now we melt.

Lol. I burn er up man. My house hovers around 78-80. If I get nuts I can crank 'er up from there. At times my stove glows red hot in the pitch black. It's pretty cool to turn off all the lights and just see this gleaming, glowing red stove in the dark.

Maybe cause I've got Dave's mini-splitter.

Softwoods here, mostly fir/larch is king. Birch isn't bad here too. I can get those woods roasting red hot, I imagine I'd burn myself down with some of your Eastern wood.

So it looks like I will not be around the house much this winter. Bartlett is working for the USDA on an Asian long horned beetle inspection project. I passed the testing and we did a week of inspecting trees from 36'' down to 6'' climbing. With that Ill see you all when I see yahh.

Chimney sweep came today, he did a thourough job, did our dryer vent too, gave him a little tip. Got my first fire going tonight with the new eco fan my wife got for my birthday, no more cheapo plugged in and running all night8)

Thanks Squish, haven't been many tree jobs of late that stretched out to more than a day or two.

Sappy Pine is a good way to get a stove real hot, but the pipe loads up quick with whatever the residue is. I hear a chimney fire is a possibility too.

I imagine I'd burn myself down with some of your Eastern wood.
No you wouldn't .Our hardwoods just burn longer they aren't any hotter .Fact is you can get just a hot of a fire from cotton wood as you can from oak except the fact you stoke the stove more often .

Spent the day putting an inner pipe and insulation in my new neighbours chimney.
You probably have a name for that stuff in English, it is called Isokern, here.
He had been given a price of $3300 from a chimneybuilder.
I told him that I had tried it twice before and me, him+ both wives could do it in 3-4 hrs.
The materials cost less than 500 bucks.

It took 3 hrs.

Easy way to make your new neighbour happy:)

Yesterday I took the afternoon off to visit with my cousin from OK who was out visiting the California relatives and on the way back from my sister's house. I was chauffering my parents back at about 10:30 and the oil light came on in their car and pretty soon all the lights came on and the motor quit. My Mom and I had both left our cell phones somewhere else and I couldn't get anyone to stop and call for us. So I ended hoofing it for a couple of miles into town in the rain and anyway we got home about midnight. No big deal, everyone is in one piece, and I had a really good stroll.

Dirty Wistah. At least the ALB is in some of the nice parts of town. Some of the others they should set fire too. I was down in Worcester for my son's football game yesterday. I don't know how they can live with the constant wail of a police siren in the background.

Sometimes a good walk in the rain puts things into perspective, even if it's to the phone.

I just went for a run down to AT&T park, it's raining pretty steady here.
On my way back I saw a guy my age crossing the street wearing shorts walking on two fake legs.
His Right hand was a hook too, I gave him a "frig Yeah!" and two hand claps, he said "Hell Yeah" back to me as I ran on.
No one can hold you down, unless you let them.

Got to my job this morning and my 200T wasn't on the truck. I used my backup and assumed I had left it at home this weekend. Well, I got home this afternoon and it's not here either. The last job I did was last Thursday at my dentist's office. I must have left it on the job, but it's long gone now. I'm really becoming irritated with my memory because this is the third saw I've lost in 3 years. Oh well, I guess I'll be posting a picture in the OCGD thread tomorrow. :(

Went to my sons JV game, didn't expect him to play much since they really don't play the freshman except in the freshman game. Much to my delight he played every offensive snap at tackle, left and right as they were running some silly permutation of the wildcat. He's stoked. They even won, 25-0.

That sucks about the saw. I hate it when gear goes missing.

Yeah, bummer about the saw.

"Tackle", is that football your son plays, Mike? Offensive tackle is a gritty position, moving guys out.

Yup Jay and when he plays freshman ball he also plays Defensive End. He prefers d end to tackle.

That's real cool if he can go both ways, offense and defense. Offensive linemen don't get the credit, except when the quarterback takes them out for dinner. I imaging in the NFL that it must be some dinner!

Got to my job this morning and my 200T wasn't on the truck. I used my backup and assumed I had left it at home this weekend. Well, I got home this afternoon and it's not here either. The last job I did was last Thursday at my dentist's office. I must have left it on the job, but it's long gone now. I'm really becoming irritated with my memory because this is the third saw I've lost in 3 years. Oh well, I guess I'll be posting a picture in the OCGD thread tomorrow. :(

Now I understand why you have so many spare saws!!!

Back