How'd it go today?

Yeah, that's it Brent, I already have one woman I can't make happy, send a whole bus load of them over! This will end well!

Went to work sick today and came home with apologies to the customer. Felt bad but hey, I need to be on my game for this SOB. And the way I feel, I would not be on my game. Got dizzy just walking the retaining wall (kinda the deciding factor). Almost no clearance on a roof. Cut, lift and drift to a tiny LZ in a multi-tiered yard. Booked for a two day job and I don't want it to take 3. As it is, The lady of the house added more to the job because the Mr. of the house did not pole saw the trees crushing the privacy fence. Some of those trees are entwined in the trees I need to take out. Sooooooooooo.... I am taking more medication for this nasty bug that bit me and am going back when I feel better and get two days in a row in. Pics should give you the idea....

Attachments

• DSC_0641.JPG
    DSC_0641.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 12
  • DSC_0643.JPG
    DSC_0643.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 13
  • DSC_0640.JPG
    DSC_0640.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 14
  • DSC_0644.JPG
    DSC_0644.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 13
  • DSC_0645.JPG
    DSC_0645.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 12
  • DSC_0642.JPG
    DSC_0642.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 13
  • DSC_0647.JPG
    DSC_0647.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 11
We took a break in Belle Plains this morning at 02:30. Tried to call Andy but he wouldn't answer his phone. The girls were disappointed cause they couldn't say hi. They even had on their best p.j.'s (otherwise known as sweats).

Pulled into Columbia, MO at 08:30. I hear the game will be nationally televised. Tune in tomorrow night to OU vs. Missouri.

Today was first day of two day job,
We ( Evan ) brushed out 4 pines in 5 hours. 5 Person crew.

Tomorrow at 8 am the 70 ton crane shows up and we do the wood.
Move it, buck it into 16" firewood and leave it in a pile a short ways away.

Sorry for the crappy Iphone pics.

Attachments

• 4sticks.jpg
    4sticks.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 12
  • 3treeguys.jpg
    3treeguys.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 13
  • Evan.jpg
    Evan.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 12
I pruned a very large sycamore today with Pete's help. The picture I wanted but didn't get was my ground guy Mike and I chipping brush with dust masks on and Pete helping us with a cigarette in his mouth.

We took a break in Belle Plains this morning at 02:30. Tried to call Andy but he wouldn't answer his phone. The girls were disappointed cause they couldn't say hi. They even had on their best p.j.'s (otherwise known as sweats).

Pulled into Columbia, MO at 08:30. I hear the game will be nationally televised. Tune in tomorrow night to OU vs. Missouri.

First: You'd have to have my number.
Second: You'd have to give me time to drink enough to think about it, at least eight hours.
Third: You'd have to make sure my wife wasn't around, or at least my boy, who knows, the wife might want to join in?

A man without a dream is nothing.

Smoking a cig tonight, I watched a Fox be pop down the street in front of the house. Damn things are getting brave, guess they know I can't shoot them here?

Got to use the skid steer and wow my back is thankfull 100%. Worked out a better deal than I expected with the owner:D. Moved some volkswagon sized pieces of water oak with ease. And know that production just increased. he said I bought it new and it has payed for itself time after time Its yours for the use anytime, you'll just have to redeck the trailer. Perfect timing with the huge oak to do later this week.

Did a small job this morning, everything off the cliff. Bid it for 5 hours, took about 2.5. I gave the guy a break, he was happy as shit, and I walk away the nice guy. Said he was pleased and will be calling in the future.

Just vacuumed and washed the truck quick, and have my sweet oil tank cut in half fire going. I can load it with the mini it's so big, I love it. :D

Climbed a small elm this morning and cut down a lil plum. Had to do the elm today cuz its over a daycare/preschool. It was fun swinging around, I've been flying a bucket so much lately its nice to get back to the ropes.

This afternoon is our slo-pitch windup party...bowling and then potluck dinner/pissfest. Awright!!

Day off today, gonna have a normal weekend. Yesterday was awesome, killer money. 4 trees that I thought would have to be pieced down I just brushed out a bit and fell them all. Cha-ching!

Started an at least hundred tree removal job around a lodge in the woods, some rather big Pines in the mostly Pine mix.....a few Oaks. The largest trees have rad lean over the place. Decided to crane pick what we can, the woods are thick and the crane can lay the trees down, not without some difficulty though. Besides, the operator brought in the job. Crane probably can't reach the big trees though, and if it rains, the soft ground will make things problematical to get it further in.

Nice place to work except for the mosquitos, but pretty busy all the time moving, so they aren't so much a problem even with no sleeves.

Damaged the eave of a storage shed roof laying down a tree by hitting a rotten Pine that broke in half. The lay should have been better checked out. Very tall trees, another foot would have missed it. Bad luck, no biggee though, the crane guy's fault and he's making a lot of money these days....probably run a few hundred to repair.

Will get some pics.

Pruned an ash an crown reduced a busted up boxelder -- a no clean-up job, Bid a couple and then went to lunch with my firewood buddy . Kelly, our waitress asked me if I was stalking her.......it seems that it was her parking spot that I used to access the boxelder I was reducing for her neighbor. Rode on a firewood delivery with Harry and then we picked up his significant other and went to see Red.- Good movie! Romantic comedy/spy thriller/action movie can be a tough blend to succeed with but this one does.

Back