How'd it go today?

Got the fence done yesterday, went really well, we just slamed and jamed it.
Just felt like crap all week, I thought it was alergies but it just keeps getting worse. I went to bed at 10:00 the night before last (unusual for me lately) and didn't want to get up yesterday. I was in bed at 9 last night and slept until 10am and am ready to pass out now! Mild body aches, headache and I just can't seem to think straight at all! God it's frustrating!
No nausua, upset stomache or anything funky there, just a cough that comes and goes and tired!

rained all day here, spent all day tying up lose Wraptor ends. Got a Wraptor Rope shipped out to Whiley, picked up 50 covers from plastic fabricators, dropped of 10 lanyards at harness makers to get sewn up, went to welders and welded a forged steel rap ring into a back plate and then took a 5lbs club hammer and tried to smash it to pieces:D Luckily no success, I did this last year but I have changed my supplier of rings and what with all the talk of failing rings figured I should check, $70 of reasurance:D I will post pictures later when the wife returns the camera

With "swine flu" being jammed down our throats at every turn, it's funny that there are still people who think it's alright to be sick for over a week without getting looked at by a doctor. Sorry Andy, I just had to say it.

Worked in the shop, bucked up some oak logs for firewood, and put some dawgs on a Husky 333 that I like to use for limbing. It had none to begin with.

Pruned a maple, and an Elm, along with a small Oak take down...solo.

Was pretty relaxing buzzing around thinning this Red Maple. Came down twice and cleaned up, then zipped back up with the Wraptor. Cash in hand, and a happy customer.

Andy is a redneck not a swine. Probably has the redneck flu. He could try the Scandinavian Hat Cure, the Texas Chili Treatment, Suicide by Chocolate or just wait a day or 2 more.

Nah, I'm pretty certain it's alergies, felt GREAT when I got up this am, set up the table saw and mitre saw and I was winded/close to worn out. I got moving and trimmed out the window we put in yesterday then put everything away. Sat for a bit and I was ready to go again? I tore out and re-installed another one, I didn't trim it as I was out of nails, but felt prety good.
The monster splitter came home today:cry: I'd hoped to never see it again, but I had to pull the cylinder off so he could take it in and rebuild it, I need to do some wiring on it, clean and paint it.
Not sure how much this is going to cost me, but I think I have no choice but to use it this winter, I don't have the means to come up with the cash for a new one right now. It's a curse and a blessing. I'm sure more of a curse.
Anyway, mama REALLY wanted to go out tonight, we dropped Bubba off at "My Gym" to play, went to Home Depot for nails, and then to dinner. Really was a nice time. Stopped at O'rielly's on the way home and got paint and wire supplies.
Got home and I went out to work on it, less than a min and my ears where itching like mad and I was sneezing and coffing. I see a cortozone shot an steroid pack in my VERY near future!!

Just got home from my mom's 70th birthday party... All my sisters made it and it was a great time. Her friends put together a theme party based on Lil Abner...
Job went good and got paid...
Seeing I did not get much dinner.. I made some Ramen and then I am taking my tired arse to bed. Post some pics of the job site tomorrow. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Just got in. Went a removed three leaders off a Willow tree. Not exactly something to be proud of, but the 4-5' diameter tree will remain to soak up the water in her backyard.

Still going but taking a break.
Crabgrass & buckhorn is all mowed, and new window is in. Going to start on drywall after I find all those tools. :roll:

Breaks are good on a Saturday, Dave. :D

I got an emergency call about noon about a broken limb hanging over a house. I got out there and it was a 2.5" diameter limb about 12' long and there were a couple 3" sucker sprouts popping up just behind the break. :roll:

I cut the whole lead back as well as another. The tree had some decay going on from some bad old pruning cuts. I was home with lunch in my hand in less than 2 hours.

I installed the new carb on the chipper. I didn't engage the disc since the chute was off, but it rev'ed like an SOB compared to the old carb.

It has an auto choke (not hooked up to a choke stove) whereas the original had a manual choke.

When I went to fire it up the first time, I let the engine turn over for about 30 seconds and nothing happened. I stopped and checked everything, and nothing seemed out of the ordinary. I tried cranking again and almost instantly gas started coming out of the exhaust so I used my finger to hold the choke open and it fired up in a second or so. Sure was some stinky, dark exhaust for a few moments:lol:. I'm letting the motor cool back down, I'm going to disable the choke (let off the spring's pressure) and try cranking again. My bet is it fires right up. If it does then hopefully it will be fine without a choke and I can keep from having to retro it; we'll see when it gets cold.

$200+$40 core:
DSC05987.jpg

Today was great!!! We did another half day at Ashland Estate to prep some trees. Me and Mike spent about 2 or 3 hours in a huge Ginkgo Tree. An awesome tree. I worked my way to the top, around 65'. We removed a few large hangers, and did some crown restoration where a top had broken out of a leader.

On my way down though, I was flip lining into a branch to get read to remove a hanger. Right next to the hanger is a squirrels nest. Just as I was clipping in, a squirrel jumped out of the next and ran down the tree. Scared the shit out of me for second, as I've never had it happen to me before. Then a few seconds later another jumps out and down. I hurried my ass up to get the hanger down and got away from that as fast as I could:D

After lunch I did a side job with Mike. A quick notch, drop and stack Ash tree. Took us about an hour, and I made $20.

Looks like I may also be heading up to Baltimore. Me and Mike may make the trip. Anyone have a spot we could camp out up there?? Doesn't Wagnaw have some relatives with some land up there??

Did a brutal limb up on some bad terrain and rocks under a house and deck today.. Got done in 1/2 a day and I am good wit dat. Hard to balance and cut with that heavy echo pole saw on that shat... Trees were in rough shape so I was not about to climb them. Then HO after they pay the bill point to a broken window. Claiming we broke it weed eating in July:what: Normally I would have blown the guy off for not letting me know a bit sooner... But since he is the Pres of the Home Owner Assoc. in a neighborhood that pays us thousands to take good care of them.. I think a few hundred for a window will just have to be. Kinda sux though... :whine:
We rented the splitter to a client yesterday and he had a list for me over there. I will have to take pics of this one .. Basically it is a live oak on the corner of the house pad but not a threat to the house. Mistletoe has all but killed the dang thing.. I have been going back and forth with them and this tree for 3 years.. Told them future firewood. There will be nothing left of the tree if I take the mistletoe.. I have tried to sell them stages of care... treatment.. they are not having it.. So I will basically top out the whole tree save for what limbs I can save and let it all bush back out:roll: Advised the HO that the new growth (if the tree survives) will have weak attachments etc.. not good for tree etc... :roll: His wifey wants so I guess I get to make an ugly set of sticks:lol:
And wagers I get to come back and make some fire wood out of it in a couple years? :/:

Phone was ringing today and I have some return calls to make. Had a client cancel a couple dates in Oct... So I better get on it to fill the holes.

Back