How'd it go today?

Made a clean out for my chipper after school. Got a good bit more cedar to chip tomorrow, tired of fawking with cleaning it out through the disc housing. Tomorrow I'll hold it on with a ratchet strap while I decide how to mount it permanently (that's what the flange is for). The flat portion is 5.5", the upright is 9.5", 9" wide; plenty of room to get in there and clean it out.

DSC05980.jpg

DSC05982.jpg

DSC05984.jpg

Hood tie downs for a older cj jeep would work well

The old style was a ball on the end of a rubber bungee with a T handle? If so, that's what I'm thinking about. I haven't decided if I'll do a pocket for the flange (and bend it to the proper angle) or use 4 tie downs.

My Wrangler was a TJ, I know I don't want that style.

Something like this, but for less than $18 a piece.

P916303.jpg

Took down this big red oak in a yard about 25 feet by 15 feet, a cottage at the top of a cliff...cottage below, garage right under the tree ;) HUGE nest o' carpenter ants in it.... yikes!!!:O but it all went well over two days of work :)

the "yard" was actually the landing from the garage down 5 flights of stairs to the cottage on the beautiful St. Lawrence river, cuz we are in the heart of the 1000 islands region 8)

Attachments

• IMG00143-20090917-1144.jpg
    IMG00143-20090917-1144.jpg
    761.1 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG00142-20090917-1143.jpg
    IMG00142-20090917-1143.jpg
    850.9 KB · Views: 3
I always hate seeing this AFTER you have been swinging stuff down from 60 feet up...lol

The old style was a ball on the end of a rubber bungee with a T handle? If so, that's what I'm thinking about. I haven't decided if I'll do a pocket for the flange (and bend it to the proper angle) or use 4 tie downs.

My Wrangler was a TJ, I know I don't want that style.

Something like this, but for less than $18 a piece.

P916303.jpg

Get these, Carl. From the old CJ5 model. All metal.

http://www.jeep4x4center.com/bestop/hood-latch-kits.htm

Carl, a little rust would just keep them from standing out so badly. ;)

WS, that's not so bad. Nice ram's horns there, looks like you had plenty of strong holding wood. Trees like that always look a lot worse than they are. :)

The plan is the chipper is getting painted this winter, B. The pannel and cutout is getting primered tomorrow.

Got a pair of these coming:
3032.JPG

norustabilityness....nice:D

Busy couple of days. Two sites on opposite sides of the city, gotta be done this week. 4 contracted pruning crews, 1 contracted removal crew, my two crews and me running around trying to keep them all working, while getting bucket time in myself:|: Then an ALB scouting mission that I just had to make an appearance at

Dr. appointment for the boy at childrens hospital..I fought traffic just in time to valet my truck and meet my wife and son in the waiting room...on their way out...:what:

now I'm home, cooked dinner, havin' some beeahs (magic hat lucky cat)

Still have some blades to sharpen tonight... Did two sets yesterday .. one more tonight. Hit something in the buck brush we were chipping.. That set got flipped but is going to get sent out... pretty dinked up. Referred some stump grinding to Steve. Hope they call him... I'm beat...

the other pic, maybe it shows the color better? Crappy cell cam.

Attachments

• Photo_091709_002.jpg
    Photo_091709_002.jpg
    348.7 KB · Views: 2
nuttin, insurance job, car mowed down former tree after icey roads in winter. total job including the tree (which I didnt pay for, I just picked it up and installed it with a bit of cleanup frm the mess before) about $1600

Best day ina while-Nice weather.and the weird job went smoothly. Severe storm blew the tops out of some elms over a house- I was charged with cleaning up the stubs over the house....with no good TIP or rigging points over the work.and no bucket access. I used pole tools and a couple of marginal rigging points to rig and cut from the 2nd story roof and lower the pieces out.

You do what you gotta do Stumpie.
I "trimmed" a pecan tree today. Tight access, went on a consult and now need to pickup the Wifey at my daughter's house. Might have to play with the little stud in the family for a while.

Back