How'd it go today?

I did some running around today and went and rented a small stump grinder as mine wouldn't fit through the gate. I went to United REntals in Modesto and the place was abandonded. For quite a while too, the weeds in the cracks of the asphalt were about 4 feet high. So I went to Hertz rental and their price was a $155 minimuum for a Dosko with a honda motor on it. I think I paid $90 the last time I did this. Anyway I ground the stump and then got a call from a Bank to remove a dead tree at a foreclosed home. Also I bought an ad on one of the local high school fall sports schedule posters for $180. I guess they put them in the windows of some of the businesses downtown.

For quite a while too, the weeds in the cracks of the asphalt were about 4 feet high.
Once again asphalt layed down by a contractor that does residential work is shoddy at best .These rascals remind me of the gypsy barn painters that roamed the country sides during the 60's .Nothing gets painted any more and these butt holes are most likely their grandsons .:(

Bandit 250 ate a nice rope today. Wrapped around the shaft nice and tight. How two of us didn't see it laying on the ground is beyond me.

Good thing I don't work there tomorrow, or ya know what I'd be doing.

delivered and planted a couple trrees, collected the check and now hanging with Ayden for the afternoon, contemplating supper.

I joined the local gym (again) and did my lower body workout this afternoon. I'm sore but feeling good. :|:

Worked all day on another nice lakefront estate. It was well, nice.

Still dealing with the insurance scumbags, now they have changed up the adjuster and this new guy starts telling me how he's pricing things out and probably going to fix my old truck(I guarantee a total ploy to get me to grab the money on the table). I told him cool fix it right back up and I'll take it back in a heartbeat. Insurance adjusters are worse then used car salesman. These dudes are so full of bs it amazes me. I guarantee here and now they have zero intention of fixing my truck.

Lol. They lucked out, kind of. When I went in a new guy was on his 2nd day of work as the service manager. So I went easy on him. I told him to straighten it out and call me by friday to let me know it was taken care of. Also I made my position of having the receipt for my brand new machine and the warranty information very clear. In other words I'm not paying a cent.

Bahhh. I don't hold it in man, doesn't bother me any.

Blood pressure rising is for people who worry about things. I deal with things.:drink:

Yeah, that's what I mean, the brief couple minutes when all the gauges are into the red zone, can't be all that healthful either....though maybe it's useful to clean out the bad cholesterol?

Shoot man I'm only 34 still. Quite bringing up all this health stuff.:D

And actually my blood pressure has been on the high side my whole life.

Fixed a hole in the chipper's chute today. Thought about sanding out the grinding marks, but fawk it, it's 6'+ up and not all that visible.

DSC05975.jpg

DSC05976.jpg

It plugged three times today and I had enough.:X

It's been dished since I bought the chipper and it let go a few months back. I caught a wild hair today and decided to fix it up proper.

I joined the local gym (again) and did my lower body workout this afternoon. I'm sore but feeling good. :|:

Most excellent. What's the fee? I've always preferred a home gym, more personable and (for me) convenient. But, a nice gym is a nice gym - especially the wet area. Ain't nothing like a steam room and jacuzzi after a good time spent.

You really shouldn't target any particular muscle group in this initial phase of 'working out.'

I love this saying...

"Push something, pull something, and pick up something... everything else is just extra."

Most excellent. What's the fee? I've always preferred a home gym, more personable and (for me) convenient. But, a nice gym is a nice gym - especially the wet area. Ain't nothing like a steam room and jacuzzi after a good time spent.

You really shouldn't target any particular muscle group in this initial phase of 'working out.'

I love this saying...

"Push something, pull something, and pick up something... everything else is just extra."

It's $49 a month and it's a fairly new gym with lots of cool machines. :D I got them to waive the bogus "application fee" of $49 since I had a family membership there last year. No jacuzzi, but there is a steam room and a dry sauna. Upstairs is lots of treadmills, stair climbers, rowers, cycles, etc. Downstairs is the machines and free weights. Indoor B-ball court and outdoor soccer field too. Here's their website, Sports and Field.

Working on a three day brushing, limbing and chipping job. I was also supposed to do a removal there but I talked her into killing the mistletoe, finding merit in a forest view instead of skyline, and saved the tree. Then she signed up for more mistletoe removal :D These are all canyon live oaks that are a blast to climb.. Just little versions of what Stig and I climbed in the same neighborhood.

Done by 10 today.

Went and did a small Apple take down solo. I over bid it for such a sweet old lady, told her at the end of the job I'll do the stump for free. She almost shed a tear.

If I can only find jobs like this on my days life would be freaking great.

Back