How'd it go today?

Did some nocturnal logging tonight. Well, we cut it in the daylight, but loaded it on the forwarder in the dark.:/: I'm beat.

Our farm truck never leaked air until recently. It held air for four months while it was parked in the shed all winter. Now it goes to zero overnight. Somethings farked on it.

To further my derail.:P

If you have a dual air system and your truck is sitting parked with the spring parking brakes applied and you're losing all your air. The you must have either a seperate leak in each system, or a leak in one with a faulty one way check valve in the other. The one way check valve is a simple thing to check or replace yourself so why pay a mechanic? Soapy water around all your fitting when everything is filled up will quickly find your leak and for many hundreds less then a mechanic will charge to do it. If you're leaking off while just sitting parked with the spring brakes applied you'll only need to check the supply side.

You should be doing a leak down test as part of a pre-trip to test the application side of the brake system. Air system pressured up with the spring parking brakes turned off, then turn off the engine(blocking a set of tires if need be). Then give your system a full application of braking and hold that application for one minute. You should lose no more than 3psi and should be listening out the window for leaks.

That test is for the application side(and the system as a whole really). But if you're losing air while just sitting parked with the parking brakes then you're leak is in the supply side(think spray bottle and soapy water test). I will ask my instructor about this bleeding down overnight while sitting thing, as I do have to touch base with him still.

I feel like air brake nonsense is just spilling out of me right now I've had to take so much in over the last few days.:|:

Sweet day, one easy but large dead pine, fat check, the prime got to clean up the mess.

I do hate climbing into punk wood at the top of a dead pine though.

Congrats Fiddler!:rockhard:

I don't do a pretrip everyday (by a longshot) But it is a good thing to do. Soapy water, soapy water, soapy water :D

Up here if you're pulled over at the scales or hit a cvse(commercial vehicle safety enforcement) road block and you don't have a pre-trip you'll be paying a fine for sure. Worst case scenario is something fails on your truck and you don't have a pre-trip inspection...........that's not doing due diligence, you're hooped!

I have a strict walk around policy now for my truck driving.:/: I walk around atleast once, everytime I move it.

We are supposed to do pre trip before every drive but it's not logged. Post trip reports are supposed to be logged. Gues I better get a post trip book now that I have a cdl employee:dur:

We are supposed to do pre trip before every drive but it's not logged. Post trip reports are supposed to be logged. Gues I better get a post trip book now that I have a cdl employee:dur:

Same here, post trip is logged. Pre trip is compared to yesterday's post.

congrats on the CA test and congrats on the air brake endorsement, to the relevant parties of course. :)

Sent in my corporate tax return today. My accountant said I was one of the few companies he works with that actually posted a profit for 2008. It was a very small profit, but that's good because I don't like to pay taxes. :D

Just got home off that job I gave to Andy and his bucket truck.. We all worked together today on the same property. They were beat... We're beat... 1st day of work coming off vacation is harsh.. LOL Guess I'll update that other thread .... :)

First day of a 4 day, day rate job. Hope that makes sense! Twas good, took the dump trailer 20 miles from homw and brought it back with nearly 4000 pounds of oak in it and it will lift it!

Sunny beech--pain .Last week I got the last of my poor old choppers yanked out .Evidently I have some infection in one of the missing teeth .Rather where the thing was .

I couldn't get that damned bottom plate out to save my soul but I did today .Now I can't bear the pain to put the SOB back in .Pizz on it I'm not masocistic .That bad boy will have to heal some before I try it again .I might go though life gumming stuff if it doesn't get better .Sucks with a half life .:(

I can almost relate Al, been holding on to the few teeth I have left. Have lost most of the back but kept the fronts. Always seem to be biting off more than I can chew.:) No Store bought yet though. trying to put that off as long as possible.

It's no problem unless you have some molars left,which I did including a freaking wisdom tooth .A misnomer,nothing smart about a tooth the size that would be better suited for a horse .

I'm just whining like a broke dick dog,I'll live .:)

Let my give you some good advice though .If it's enevitable you are going to loose your teeth no sense fiddling around .Most people including myself loose their teeth to gum disease .It won't get any better and the longer you wait the more bone lose you will have .

This aging thing is not for the weak at heart,I'll tell you that .

Back