How'd it go today?

I finished up the last of my ten cord pile yesterday ,got it stacked etc .

At the moment I'm waiting for the UPS man to arrive with a package that must be signed for .The Mrs. is on an errand so I must house sit momentarly ,kind of .

Then ,off to the bank and lumber yard .I have to replace the 2 by 12 yellow pine planks on my light duty loading ramps .After 12-15 years the old ones went to the dogs . I suppose I could make them from oak but then I would need a small crane to lift them .

I have a busybody neighbor that in her words "despises" me and she likes to call the county code enforcement every time I swing a hammer. The latest call last week involved a half dozen complaints, most of which were bullshit. I ended up pulling two permits for the roof I put on my house 5 years ago and one for electrical that I ran to my shed.

The roof inspector just left a few minutes ago. There are new codes that went into effect last year requiring more nails on the sheathing (the plywood or decking that the shingles are nailed to). My house was built in 1971 and I did not double nail the decking when I replaced the shingles, nor was I willing to pull up part of my roof for the inspector to see. So I guess I'll just leave the permit open for the next 10 years until I need another roof. Renewal every 6 months at $50 or so. I'm surely not going to reroof my house again when the current roof is built better than most.

The electrical inspector will be along sometime today as well. Not sure how that is going to go either.

Nosey neighbors can be dealt with with in various ways in a disceete manner . What goes around comes around I've always been told .;)

I miss living in town about as much as a toothache or in some peoples situation here of late ,a literal pain in the arse or so it seems .:P

In most cases you don't have to get medevil ,just reel out enough rope .They hang themselves . It's that old karma thing .She will bite like a bulldog when you least expect it .

scheduled today open to blast and paint the chip truck. buddy called lastnight and said he had to work today so i planned to blast and seam seal. rental yard is out of compressors till the 24th! so here i sit, went and checked on the crew. their taking down a couple nice sized doug fir, gonna go back later and try to get some topping vid

I have a job that I'm really having a hard time finishing. I bid it for two days and I just finished my third day on it, and I'll be lucky to finish Monday. The soil is really sandy and we keep getting things stuck plus there is this huge old sycamore stump that was dug out but was too large for the backhoe to lift out of the hole and I can't seem to get it cut up and when I try and grind it my grinder gets stuck in the sand.

A great day today!! My first spike removal job. I struggled to get up the first few steps, then I sort of got the hang of it. Also a lot of chainsaw work, so a great day!!! Plus, as of this post, it is my birthday!!!! 16 and permit time!!!!

Day went to hell in a hand bag at the start,,, then .... Customer sent me back to the shop in his truck on his dime with his gas to get the power washer to wash down his log cabin for staining... Salvaged the day with a used power washer that cost 25 bucks at a yard sale that I bought last week.... Now that was just weird!....Go figure. Job was originally canceled (second time due to weather and materials).

my day was good. did a hedge trim this morning, saw my ma and pa for a short spell afterwards. Tonight my wife, the boy and moms in law went to a baby shower, my pops in law and I talked politics at home for an hour or so, walked to the sushi joint and we had a nice relaxed sampler type dinner, I ordered, we ate, I paid :) . now home, the girls and bub are back, kicking back on the couches and solving the worlds problems. :D

Today ,meaning yesterday went ok .

I installed a special adapter for the hydraulic pump on my home built splitter ,kind of a pain but I got-er -done with a minimum amount of cussing .

Then I tortured my self by crawling around in my crawl space repairing plumbing leaks .Must have been in and out 40-11 times geeze .:(

I did face the inevatable though ,it looks like I'd just as well plan on replacing all the copper with plastic . The house was built in either '71 or 73 .The hard water from a well plays hell on copper after that many years even if it is treated and softened . It's not a question of will it fail ,it's when it will fail .

I'd much rather torture myself at 60 as to be in real misery when I'm 70 .

My back is sorer than a mofo today from splitting / stacking wood yesterday at a friend's house.
Whoever said wood heats you twice was the eternal optimist.

Back