How'd it go today?

cherry tree pruning estimate, backyard landscape consult which got me a design job then likely the install as well. Then a tree consult for a removal permit, now home to hang around, play with Bub and enjoy my 'weekend'. next two days is a big stoopid hedge trimming job.

My back is sorer than a mofo today from splitting / stacking wood yesterday at a friend's house.
Whoever said wood heats you twice was the eternal optimist.
Oh quit ,you're a lot younger than me and most likely limber as a cat .Here I am some decreped old man and I did a cord and half today by my lonesome ;) Not bad considering I didn't get rolling til after noon . Now ,that's cut out of a pile, split and stacked by the way . Of course it was getting a little dark outside before I was finished .

The Rocky special ran like a champ and the splitter worked like a dream ---so 'twas a good day after all .

Are you gonna wear your Weaver? :P

highly unlikely, just my orchard ladders for the tops.. Maybe for the cherry tree if I get the job but its possible to do from the ground with the pole saw anyways.

The pic of side one, there are three more to do as well as the two sections of the tops. up and down up and down the ladder. :(

But its a decent price so I will get over it.

Attachments

• P9214036.JPG
    P9214036.JPG
    121 KB · Views: 17
I think I am going to have to look into insrance for tree work, getting some more jobs lined up and not even looking hard yet? And the bettle kill is going rampant right now! Might be a good thing to be halfway legal? I'm scared!!

Hmmm my day was going well, until the gang bangers started a turf war in our back yard(literally)... :roll: They opened fire on a house behind ours from our yard.

My brother wonders why I keep the Mossberg and Glock by my bed......

On the brighter side of news, I picked up 500 rounds or so of .45 from my uncle, tonight. It came with a free Llama 1911, for $100.00 :lol:

It would be a good plan to be above board on this type stuff . You might get lucky and get by on no workmans comp or have no liabilty insurance. One little screw up and you'll pay for ever and a day .

Now I had this "Dutch uncle " conversation with a young fellow some years ago .Well ,he didn't listen to the old man .Sure enough ,worker hurt on the job,cost him a plenty . No pay sales tax ,penalty and fine up the kazoo .

He is perfectly legal now ,sleeps better at night and at the moment is doing much better with his biz .Suit yourself , just a thought .

I had my first day of work after my kneesurgery 3 weeks ago. Planted 525 Norway spruce trees. 3 weeks of not working sure gets you out of shape.
The living room couch jumped right on my back, when I got home.
Wish I had my new hottub installed, that would have been just the thing today, but it'll be a few weeks more before thats ready for soaking.

My arm has taken me out for a few days. Tendon stuff I figure. Good timing anyways it's raining and miserable out right now. I'll be forking around the house until Thursday I figure. I gots to let this heal up properly so what do you do. Get the yard/equipment ready for winter I suppose.

I did a small climbing removal this morning and then the walnut shaker showed up. So then me and my guys raked walnuts for the afternoon.

Days work got rescheduled to a week from today, chipping some downed live oaks. Sooooo took day off and went to Merced for grocerys. Clearing out some brush from ponderosa that forest service planted tomorrow on a steep slope..

Had another ultrasound today. Twins are doing a-ok. One of 'em was flipping out, it almost looked like it was waving and dancing:)

Then we went out to a cool thai place for lunch and then to the party store for halloween costumes. We have a couple of parties we have to hit this weekend, and I'm not the designated driver:occasion5:

Had a rough one today...The son had to take his car to the body shop but had no idea where it was...The wife followed him round and round till he found the place...then wife promptly drove into a curb and blew the front tire...then drove it 2 miles to work...Pouring rain...:X I had to move the boat that was stored for winter to get the dolly out to tow the car...got car to shop...told no-can-do until tomorrow...loaded the stump grinder only to find the battery flat...got it started and went to the first job...stump chip got caught in the drive pulley and threw the drive and hydraulic belts..:?..shredded the drive belt...Pouring rain...$400 to fix the car...no spare belts anywhere close... missed appointment to have inspection and mastercylinder work on my chipper truck...told wife off about hitting curb...sex not likely now.:cry:..finishing my day with chocolate kahlua mousse.;)...feeling better now!:|:

Coulda been worse... you coulda got struck by lightening too, Rick!

Enjoy the Kahlua Mousse. =)

Lord knows we all have days that seem to turn to shit.

good day today. guys did ok, i managed to get my bumper back on now that its painted 4 years after i put it on:dur:, got my new wood splitter fuctioning. its not finished as i want to abuse it before i put any more work into it!

Attachments

• ursula 025.jpg
    ursula 025.jpg
    215.1 KB · Views: 5
That's a bad ass looking bumper. But it would appear it needs to be raised up a smidgen still? What's the plug on the left for?

Cool, my bumper is slightly bumped on my pick-up. I'd love to get a giant hunk of metal like that help to instill the 'get out of my way' fear. Although the plow does work well for that in the winter.

Whoa, what's up with that bumper? Does it serve a purpose? How much was the sucker?

I like it! :beer:

thats all homemade baby! :rockhard: it turns heads at stoplights. see if it blends more now with some paint, if it still turns heads i might put my logo on it8)

Put your company name backwards in relief on that bumper and you can just ram stuff and imprint your name into it.

Like snowbanks!
I got the stump from hell done today. Used plywood under the wheels of the stump grinder to keep from getting stuck in the sand. Freaking thing was huge. I didn't take my camera today but here is a picture of it a few days ago.

Attachments

• atwater 002 (Large).jpg
    atwater 002 (Large).jpg
    167.1 KB · Views: 7
Back