How'd it go today?

Do you have anymore info on where the tank vent would leak from? It seems like its coming from the top of the saw, from underneath that little rubber flap under the handle.

Yup, that's where the tank vent is. To access it, you pull the air filter and then remove the two 8mm nuts holding down the filter base plate and carb. Be sure to blow off/ clean the entire area thoroughly before taking it off, to prevent getting crud down in the carb or intake. After you've removed the black plastic filter base plate, you'll see the tank vent on the tank to the left of the carb. If it's just the white vent on the end of a piece of fuel line, you can replace those for about a buck.

If you need further help, you can call me on the phone or post pictures on the forum and we can talk you through it. Here's another recent thread discussing the vent.
http://www.gypoclimber.com/showthread.php?t=10254

Depends on why it's leaking. Most times you can open up that white breather thing and blow off the rubber flapper inside to remove any crud holding it open. But sometimes the rubber deforms due to fuel contaminants and won't seal any more, then you just buy a new tank vent for a buck. If it's leaking from the tank and you can't clean it out with air, you have to R&R the whole vent assembly as shown in the picture on the other thread.

We had some wicked storms last night. Trees down all over the place...nothing terribly big....but with cattle, if a cherry tree is down you have to get rid of all the leaves before they start dying and become extremely toxic.

I went out to the soggy garden, noticed a tree down in the field. I went inside woke up husband and son and told them they had to go remove some trees from the field. Didn't offer to go with, and they didn't ask. Felt a bit guilty, but I'm afraid I'm having to hand over some of the heavier work lately. They seem to understand.

Lots of locust down out there too.....good firewood.

worked on my chip truck project some, used it to help my mother move, went out to outback for fathers day since were having the boys first b-day party tommorrow! got my lower light plates roughed out and the led's wired up, much better!

Isn't locust toxic to cattle too? I irrigated my little walnut orchard then did a couple of bids and then I went to the TCC in Elk Grove today. I took my Father with me. My Dad wanted to buy me something, at the Cal-Line equipment table he kept point at stuff and saying "you need one of these?" and I kept saying no I already got one of those until he got to a rescue 8 then he bought that. We left about 2:00 and got to my cousin's about 3:30 and my truck was just about finished. I drove it home, and it now sits in my driveway.:):):):)

After 10 hours in the blazing sun I got the sandstone patio done.I'll put pictures on later . It took nearly a case of Budwieser to complete than job .

Ground a ginormous maple stump-8' diameter hole -and another smaller one. The 2 footer was cut last year after succombing to years of inadequate watering and was harder than the hubs of hell. Broke a window grinding the hard one due to rocklets in the stump.

After 10 hours in the blazing sun I got the sandstone patio done.I'll put pictures on later . It took nearly a case of Budwieser to complete than job .

ok so thats about 1.2 Buds an hour, a REALLY reasonable per hour billing rate I tell ya what. :D

Ouch, I broke my first three windows this year, on the same job.

Insult to injury, the three replacement windows were 1/8" too thick and it wouldn't cooperate, thus having to order 3 more (lost a boat load of time and about $150 on that job).

Steve, I have a Rayco RG12 and a Levco HD35. Both are in the "mini" category. The Levco is self propelled and easier on the operator -just balance/steer it and thumb the drive control- but it is slower than the Rayco. For most stumps the small grinders shine-quick to deploy, good for tight quarters and plenty fast. For one like yesterday's monster they work but a big boy with some horsepower and all hydraulic controls would have outclassed the RG12 big time.

Steve, I have a Rayco RG12 and a Levco HD35. Both are in the "mini" category. The Levco is self propelled and easier on the operator -just balance/steer it and thumb the drive control- but it is slower than the Rayco. For most stumps the small grinders shine-quick to deploy, good for tight quarters and plenty fast. For one like yesterday's monster they work but a big boy with some horsepower and all hydraulic controls would have outclassed the RG12 big time.

Can you carry either of them on your truck? I always thought that would be handy.

Took down a small gum, 2 decent sized bradford pares, trimmed 2 poplars, a crab apple, a silver maple, and cut down some bushes..
Im pooped but needed some money to take dad out to dinner tonight lol.

Dad got me a pair of High Arch Birkenstocks(2x reg pair's cost). I've started wearing Birkenstocks about 8 years ago (this is my 5th pair), but this is the first I've seen of high arched sandles from them, and as usual they're plenty comfy.

I gotta go get the mini and go clean up some stumps. I don't have to do any raking, just push the mess back in the holes and scoop the extra off.

Sunday night and my week is filled up already. My friend Dave has his chipper in the shop, so I called another friend and borrowed a chipper for our job tomorrow. Tuesday I have to finish cutting up the bee tree and take care of one other tiny job before going to a big $3000 removal. Wednesday and Thursday my truck will be in the shop getting new front wheel bearings and kingpins, then I have 2 jobs for Friday. I'll probably end up doing some climbing work while the truck is in the shop also, everybody is starting to get a little busy and reliable climbers are scarce in these parts.

Glad to hear about Trevin's party, Willie. :)

Back