How'd it go today?

Brendon, you might have better luck getting calls if you advertised. The probability of someone randomly punching your number in the phone, you answering, and them needing tree work done is really quite low.

If your work will not sell enough of itself, then I'd suppose it's left up to you to sell it.

Works for me although this year I have about $70 a month in advertising expense.

b3e653a0.jpg

I don't worry about how long I spend with customers and then get underbid. They call and tell me that they really appreciate what I taught them, they are going with someone cheaper this time but will consider me in the future. I tell them thanks for letting me know and that I hope everything goes well with their trees. I get referrals from folks who I never actually worked for.

All you can control is what you do. Don't burn yourself up thinking about what the other guys is doing.

I spend a lot of time (relative) doing a bid. I spend a good bit of the time talking with the customer about what they are looking for in an end result. Then while I'm figuring out how to do the tree I engage in small talk. Often we'll get off on a tangent, I'll bring it home talking about the price and I get the job.

At least that's this month.

marketing makes the phone ring. period. thats why the huge outfits (coke, pepsi, mcdonalds etc) keep advertising.

I thought this was therapy also. I worked late last night. Did an Elm removal in a front yard where all the limbs were over something and had to be roped down. Got home at 9:30.

starting out bad, the chip truck was warming up, guys were backing it up to unhook the chipper and i saw a flame on the ground. smoke started billowing from under the hood:O i go running over hollering shut it off! poped the hood grabbed the extinguisher and blew it out. looks like a pinn hole in the gas line peeing on the ex manifold. think im getting off lucky, few hoses, plug wires, air filter etc.

Worked with the bro today, just got home and put a new Murphy Switch in the chipper. Seems it went faulty.

I'll have to say John Deere has the best service I have ever dealt with. Whenever I call Superior Diesel, they have no questions as to my parts requests. They 2nd day air all the parts, and have never given me any crap, all parts free of charge so far. A++++ for John Deere.

well shes back and running again 65 dollars in parts (needed new plugs and wires any way) and what ever it will cost to recharge my extinguisher. with out that she was toast! check yours folks! an after thought was that i shoulda let her burn but i dont think that quick:D

First couple pics are from a Willow that failed. The homeowner was in the living room watching tv when a limb went through the roof and almost hit him. We will be removing it tomorrow. The next couple of pics are from yesterday. We used the GRCS to remove limbs off of many trees over the house and porch. The GRCS made easy work of it.

Attachments

• IMG_1673 (Small).JPG
    IMG_1673 (Small).JPG
    93.3 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_1674 (Small).JPG
    IMG_1674 (Small).JPG
    83 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_1670 (Small).JPG
    IMG_1670 (Small).JPG
    97.6 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_1664 (Small).JPG
    IMG_1664 (Small).JPG