How'd it go today?

Changed Front brakes on Isuzu, Could not get lugs broken loose for the rears.

Guess my air compressor just isn't strong enough.

Lazy day other wise.

Couldn't get a bar/snipe on 'em?

I used my mini and dumptrailer today to load a pile of yard crap out of my parents place. Didn't pay well but the lunch was great and company even better.:)

Unless you have an exceptionally good impact wrench, you can get more power with a regular 1/2" breaker bar and a 2' piece of pipe. But before you do that, grab a can of PB Blaster and squirt a little bit on the nuts. It is NOT the same as WD40. It's a penetrant, not a lubricant. It's available at almost every auto parts store and even at Home Depot.

I have a one inch impact gun, the big ones like the truck service guys have. It puts out 1600 ft lbs give or take. But my compressor gets drained pretty quick. I tried the pipe deal and broke the breaker bar.(craftsman though)

Got pretty pissed off after that. Which was about an hour into trying to get six lugs off. Break free was applied, and will be done about three more times and I'll give it one more shot tomorrow.

I have been using the mini to do tons of stuff that would otherwise be impossible with one person. I'm still amazed at where I can get it.

Getting pretty good loading the chipper with it now.

1600 ft lbs? :O That's some serious torque! Mine is only 750 and I thought it was pretty good. Sounds like a cutting torch might be in your future.

Another boring day for me. Trimmed some trees, ate lunch, looked at a potential job with a buddy, came home, hammered together another pair of outrigger pads, ate again, now I'm chillin'.

I have been using the mini to do tons of stuff that would otherwise be impossible with one person. I'm still amazed at where I can get it.

Getting pretty good loading the chipper with it now.

Yah it's nice when it all comes together eh? I can make it look pretty damn easy now if I don't say so myself. 8)

Back to my depot here for some much needed maintanance, the blades on my chipper are just making dust. We could change them in the feild but i love my rattel gun!

The saws are all filthy and the bucket got dirty, we've had a big morning of compressers and pressure washers.

I did 4 bids this morning and then me and the guys went to Gustine and took down some palm trees. Everything was in my way to go to work, when I got to the gas station, had to wait about 10 minutes to get a pump, then the road we wanted to go down was closed because the Fire Dept was doing a practice burn on a house that was to be demolished. Then I stopped by the saw shop to pickup my 200T that was in for a starter rope and they hadn't touched it and it had been there 3 days. I also got quite a bit of good from my equipment today.

I am BEAT!!! Got lost in Dallas, again, finally got home around 5:30. 1,820 miles total.
I'm glad I'm not a truck driver!

garmin-nuvi-travel-gps.jpg

Damn country bumpkins trying to drive in the big city. Always driving too damn slow and trying to cut across three lanes of traffic to make the next turn.
:lol:

Three lanes I can handle, it's the six that kill me:D

Not sure if I have mentioned this or not, but I HATE driving in Dallas!!! I don't care for OKC or KC, but I can figure it out. Dallas I HAVE to have a map and navigator ready!
I think I would rather fight a tornado than Dallas!

I totally agree. My little GPS is great, very accurate, easy to use, cheap to buy and LOTS of info in it. We were driving home from dinner tonight and I was changing the voices in it. After I had let it prattle on in australian (jill) then english (Lee) then Hollandse (dutch) then Polski (the wife speaks it, Polish) , she FINALLY said ' holy crap this thing is cool, how does it know what to say?'

:D

SOLD!

Things were going decently on the big oak until I heard a pop in the basket and felt it have an extra motion it didn't have before.

Turns out the 2 brackets on the bottom broke. Although they don't do that much, I don't really plan on using it as is. It broke when I was about 8-10' off the ground.

Today I'm going to chip all the brush so they don't have to look at it while I get the parts in for the lift.

Back