How'd it go today?

Sure I still climb, but I wasn't fixing to head up the tree at 4:45 with an inexperianced groundy to run the ropes. If Daniel would have been there we'da busted out the GRCS and had it done :)

Found a 3/4 block and Tenex sling another tree service left in a tree, probably at least a year.......cleaned it , seems fine.......should I give it back?:/:nah....:D

two consults, one estimate done. Now to the paperwork. :) in laws are over for the day to visit junior, I got some one on one time with him this morning, maybe another stint later today.
We play ' daddy sticks his toungue out and makes faces to see if junior will smile' and 'daddy puts a finger a few inches away from juniors face to see if he has figured out the whole, those are my hands and I can grab stuff thing' :D

Cleaned up the garage some. Found some rigguys that I had misplaced.

Going to cable my pecan tree this year, and figure out something for the sycamore.

It lost its top, I'm guessing in hugo, and its got a good sized cavity now.
To make it worse the squirrels took up residence in the cavity last year.

I helped change a cab from a ton and a half truck,kind of a pain but not too bad considering .

Attachments

• Cab change 002.jpg
    Cab change 002.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 44
  • Cab change 003.jpg
    Cab change 003.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 44
we have had 6mm of rain so far, its blowing 50klm's of wind and about 4*c outside..

nice to be sitting around in my robe for a change.

Fun day.

Woke up early, washed the chip truck. Headed out around noon to the motocross track, had a hell of a time. Took the lady out to dinner, now she's passed out on the bed.

Relax'n day.

Got some fencing to do tommorrow and ordering the GRCS.

You're ordering a new GRCS?

Jacob and I chipped the brush for an hour and some change. Went back home, left home again and we went to town. I paid off a credit card (Discover at Sears) and he bought a day planner. Came home expecting to grill hamburgers only to find they were already cooked. What's a guy to do? I watched the movie I rented while I ate a tasty burger and fries.

Good day it seems.

Thats what I like to hear Brendon! Way to go man.

Yesterday was really nice. Had softball, a graduation party to go to , and then the ol' lady and I jumped on the bike for a little bit. It was nice to relax for a bit.

I ordered the parts for the lift and am getting a price to redo the hose extention tray setup. If it's reasonable I'll just replace it factory like, heck it lasted three years.

If it's stupid expensive, I'll design something myself that will put the extention tray on top of the boom instead of on the side.

$500 for a new bridge, tray, plastic flexible cable track, and wear pad that's missing.

The bridge (longer track that moves with the top boom) is $350 by itself. When I get back from the bid I'm going to look into reparing/refitting it. The plastic track is $100, the lower tray isn't really that bad off but it's $24. If I can repair the bridge easy enough, it won't be a big deal to just put it back like it was.

6a8e01ba.jpg

I'm installing some more sandstone patio,one of those "honey do " things .

I took my old antique ,loose as a goose pick-em-up to the stone quarry and got just shy of 2 tons of number 57 stone.So far I have about 2/3 of it shovled off .Work,work,work .:whine:

Interesting day for sure!!
I went in and minded my own for a while, then started hearing about the guy that thinks he knows it all. I gues he had a saw down for eight hours, then the third shifter (he was on first last week) came in, then the new guy came in. The new guy had it running in 45 min. I trained him :lol:
I was also told that people "high up" have figured out he's an idiot.
THEN my boss caught me, I've been staying busy/out of sight out of mind all day, and informed me Boeing is coming in tommorow. "They will be here around nine, be ready, I am going to hand them off to you. They are thinking about buying a couple of saws and I know you wont make us sound like a bunch of inbred iggnorant rednecks."
I about fell over!!!
Seriously, I made my statments from the get go and have said little to nothing about it since.
Seems he's taken the rope I have given and hung himself nicely!!
Is that so wrong:lol:

I went to the bid and ended up chatting with the dude for a long while. I swung by the bank to see a friend freshly back from his honeymoon and to get a couple checks cashed. Then I eased on down to Cafe on Main where I had lassagna, dressing w/ gravy, and a couple rolls. I decided that life was short so I had a warm browniee to go with my sweet tea.

I left there and came back home. I oogled the House for a spell before kicking my feet up and taking a nap.

Now the plan is to type up a couple of bids and watch some TV starting at 4. If I get the bids it's another 5-6 days of work to go with the two weeks of chit I already have to do.

Jacob and I are plannin on chipping the last of the brush we have down at the big oak job this afternoon when he gets off. I'm trying to give him a chance to help me, learn something, and pay for the tires he's getting tomorrow.

I got my ass kicked by a 100 year old live oak that has never seen a chainsaw. It saw one today!

Back