How'd it go today?

wasnt on last night cause my best bud just had his 4th daughter so we took them dinner. mama had been at it for 2 days :dur:

Drama! Nothing like getting up in the morning and reading a bit of DRAMA!
:lol:

Robert, I truly wish you the best. I have this bit of advice:
sometimes the easy way is not the best way.

Gigi, glad your feeling better. Now give John some hell this weekend :)

Brian, I also use steel biners for rigging except I buy them from a safety supply house and they are double auto locking. You twist the barrel to the side and then push it open. Yours are key lock, mine have the hook. Prehaps your spin lock are better because it just might take more to open them than my auto lock? Don't know really. I do know personally I dont like spin lock too much but in your application of tieing off a load and then having it bang onto the side of the tree, it might be safer. The auto lock could roll and open I guess. I still like the auto lock better.

Brian, I know about the heat gun for removal-tht is how I peeled off Youur decals. What is the scoop on using it to install?

I use the screw lock steel biners for rigging but if when it has a chance to bang against the trunk then I switch back to a running bowline.

Spending money like a drunken sailor here...

LMAO... careful Justin. I have done that exact thing... and I spent a lot of money. I think it was in Hong Kong... no wait... Thailand, wait... the Philipenes, hang on a sec... Korea, nope... Japan... wait San Diego!!! Tijuana!!!

Wow... I been a lot of places... If I only had a fraction of the cash I spent in those ports...

HAHAHAHA! :lol:

Gary

Stumpy, I cannot believe you would peel off that cool Skwerl from the bucket!

A short, easy day for me today. I cut down a 35' trunk of a huge oak that was broken off and died during the hurricanes a few years ago. There was an inch or more of soft wood on the outside but the rest of it was solid. The owner didn't want it flopped so I craned it down in sections using the boom winch and tongs. After that I went to the second job which was just some light elevation over a driveway and roof. I was done at noon and I've been goofing off the rest of the day. I have a half day tomorrow also. An office building/ parking lot stuff.

Yesterday I ordered a replacement bucket for the bucket truck. The original one isn't broken, but it's beat up pretty badly and I've accidentally stressed it to the point of hearing it cracking twice in the last 2 weeks. I'll feel better having a new bucket on the truck and it will give me a clean panel for applying my sqwerl logo. :D

Plastic Composites Company http://www.buckettruckparts.com/ will build me a certified replacement bucket for $1300 plus about $140 for shipping and handling.

I ground a couple of stumps this morning, went on a bid to remove 6 50' fan palms and a couple of Italian cypress trees and trimming 10 other assorted trees. Spent the rest of the day working on my truck.

Jesus Stehansen thats alot of trees.
Thanks all for being so forgiving of my illustrious screw up. I didnt mean to dramatize just never been left before and it brought up old issues I guess.
Gonna chill out off the beer for a while it dont make a good husband and it seems to put on my ugly pants.

Yesterday had about a 125 foot spikeless deadwood, cable and lightening protection system inspection. I really missed some good shots it was a Quercus alba (white oak) and had a awesome spreading crown.. The lead climber couldnt get 5 feet off the ground footlocking, a complete novice, but he did body thrust up about 60 feet which said alot, he got err done)and cut one limb.

Brian, Wear a saddle and lanyard while you are waiting on your new bucket. I really don't want to send money to an invalid Skwerl or a corpse.
BTW I picked up a deceleration lanyard for the fulll body harness and am finding it quite comfortable to work in.

I just sewed the leg pads from a Master saddle onto the Weaver "pads." It' gonna be sweet! Those stock Weaver pad/straps can sometimes be painful!

So far today, 10:30 to early for beer and coffee?

Going to a parade today, The Butter and Eggs parade.

Should be nice.

Waiting for my new Presidio Montage to boot up.
Did I mention How great it is to have a CPU and intranet again? Well. I'm Randy Stokelous about it.

We are right in the middle of kid birthday season. We have them on three consecutive Saturdays. I gave out two business cards at the party. These kiddie functions get me a lot of work.

Back