How'd it go today?

What else did I do today you ask? HG failure between #3+4 from what I can gather.

Check the engine ground, make sure your coolant is fresh and the engine flushed real good.

Check to see if their was any 'campaigns' (dealer notices) put out on the type of head gasket on that engine.
Check to see if the a/c compressor is working right.

etc etc etc

-prevention is key

Check to see if the a/c compressor is working right.

etc etc etc

-prevention is key

Frans, you mention the A/C compressor. Can you tell me what that has to do with the head gasket? For some reason the A/C will not click on, the light in the cab goes on, but it doesn't click on.

If the clutch is jamming or stuck or the freon is low (causing the compressor to work overtime, it can raise engine temps.

well I got a nice welcome back

to work today. Pouring rain and cold, tons of mail (I call it hate mail because its never anything good, mostly bills and angry letters).

There were several arborday events in the city while I was away (I swear I didn't do it on purpose;)) Some yahoo ripped out about 18 newly planted trees that were planted on Saturday in a park directly acrosss from the Park Dept. administratin building:X I figured we'd take care of it tomorrow because all of the crews were assigned by the time I found out. Boss calls and says he wants it done today:( WTF I can replant trees, so me and my assistant were out there for three hrs in the freezing rain, replanting and mulching and more importantly STAKING the trees. Kind of a good thing we did, the volunteers did a s#!tty job.

The only silver lining was that it was a slow news day so two of the local news stations and the big paper in town were all out covering it! I am a total media whore:D

Duck bill anchors work real well for preventing the trees from being stolen.
I remember some years ago I read where people were stealing trees and shrubs from Central Park, N.Y.

You're famous!!!

replanting-trees2.jpg

Your bosses don't let you talk to reporters, huh? :lol:

Oh they do, but after a blowout about six months ago with Leif (my assistant) over all the press I've been getting lately. I decided since I was out of the country for this one, I'd let him have the interview;) funny part is they used my pic :lol:

for a good example of how I tell it like it is, look at the last quote in this article: http://www.bostonmagazine.com/articles/branch_manager/

it is a good thing, they ddnt break open the rootballs at all!!

good day today, got the guys going on a week of dead wood and mistletoe removal. bid some jobs, finished fridays clean up, had lunch with a buddy and am fixing to change knives

Man, I had a chitty day! Did a big willow removal that required quite a bit of rigging and then, just to make the day more of a pain in my arse, I cut through the middle of a big cavern which had a LARGE bee hive in it. Needless to say I pist them off and had to get my ass out of the tree with a quickness.:O

So, here's some pics of how the problem got resolved.:what:

Attachments

• HPIM0271.JPG
    HPIM0271.JPG
    263.9 KB · Views: 6
  • Willow bee hive 001.JPG
    Willow bee hive 001.JPG
    256.9 KB · Views: 6
  • Willow bee hive 002.JPG
    Willow bee hive 002.JPG
    288.8 KB · Views: 6
  • Willow bee hive 003.JPG
    Willow bee hive 003.JPG
    312.2 KB · Views: 6
  • Willow bee hive 004.JPG
    Willow bee hive 004.JPG
    240.4 KB · Views: 6
  • Willow bee hive 006.JPG
    Willow bee hive 006.JPG
    209.4 KB · Views: 6
  • Willow bee hive 007.JPG
    Willow bee hive 007.JPG
    190.3 KB · Views: 6
  • Willow bee hive 008.JPG
    Willow bee hive 008.JPG
    145.1 KB · Views: 7
I've done the exact same thing, several times. It's amazing how loud they can get swarming your head.

Where did you get the suit? I rented mine...

The terminator!

Scary when the little bastards are thumping against the face screen just trying as hard as they can to get at ya!

I've done the exact same thing, several times. It's amazing how loud they can get swarming your head.

Where did you get the suit? I rented mine...

Conveniently, a neighbor was a bee keeper was watching the whole thing go down and then she just brought me over a suit and back up I went.:D

And amazing is not the word I would use..... more like eerie and uncomfortable. There was a lot of em and they were PIST OFF... that is until I unloaded a whole can of spray on em and then they were dead!:D

Well I'm still in traffic. Usually I'd have an hour drive from where I left from, but ma nature changed that. I've been sitting in traffic since 6 due to a tornado touching down in part of Suffolk VA this afternoon. I've probably got another hour and a half of driving left.

In the morning, the boss wants me to do site surveys on our branches that have been hit.

Conveniently, a neighbor was a bee keeper was watching the whole thing go down and then she just brought me over a suit and back up I went.:D

And amazing is not the word I would use..... more like eerie and uncomfortable. There was a lot of em and they were PIST OFF... that is until I unloaded a whole can of spray on em and then they were dead!:D

i was thinking you were braver than i, till i saw that a female neighbor was watching, explains the whole thing:D

i was thinking you were braver than i, till i saw that a female neighbor was watching, explains the whole thing:D

:P She saw me getting stung and cussing my butt off trying to get out of that damn tree.:X

Still, thank god for looky-loo's cause she enabled the show to go on with a quickness.:D

Back