How'd it go today?

i need a new truck but im already streched as thin as i dare this year. looking for a long block

That sucks Willie :( .

I did a little chipping this afternoon, gotta do something. I've missed my last couple of bids:( . I must be getting to greedy.

We have a huge fire on our island tonight. A storage place that has housing as well. Word on the street is, someone that was evicted promised revenge. Remember, our island is 3x7 miles, so we have fire stations from a couple islands away helping.
We were at dinner and all the sirens rolled by. We walked outside and saw a huge amount of smoke. Someone with a fancy phone gave us the scoop, then some folks from a near by motel that had been evacuated told us more. Darn shame, Connie, our waitress and neighbor up the canal, her son's stuff was stored there. Deer heads and furniture. Bummer.

just a 350 with a 4 bolt main

Why must you have a 4 bolt main?? For a daily driver its a waste of money to buy a 4 bolt main long block. It has no advantages for you. A simple run of the mill re man 350 with a 2 bolt main would be good.

I had my Friday AM conference call, and then spent half of my day on the phone with Tech support trying to get my computer working(server side issues-- out of my control). Then I ran some calls, came home, did some paper work over the VPN, and now I'm relaxing.

just a 350 with a 4 bolt main

Why must you have a 4 bolt main?? For a daily driver its a waste of money to buy a 4 bolt main long block. It has no advantages for you. A simple run of the mill re man 350 with a 2 bolt main would be good.

In a passenger car sure Andrew... but with the torque load of a heavy truck and all the crap it tows behind it... that 4 bolt will stand up better.

Willie... I will make some calls and see what I can come up with. :thumbup:

Gary

I have two (2) resolutions I make each fall and spring.

1. THIS YEAR I WILL NOT GET STUCK!
2. I WILL NOT WORK ON ANY CANARY ISLAND PALMS!

It seems like each year I get a truck stuck in the mud, well so far so good.
As for the date palm pruning, I pruned two of them today. I did not get stuck with any of the thorns and my helper did'nt get stuck either.
Made my quota, out of the last job by 1:30, so it was a good day. I still have to figure out where to dump these chipped palm fronds mixed with wood chips, but what the hey, it was a good day.

Too bad about the motor Willie. What vehicle is it in? I've heard you can get a new GM motor for $1200, and that rebuilds are available for $ 700-800 dollar range. I had my heads rebuilt and my block rebuilt and it cost me about $2000. Good luck.
I took out a large maytan tree and 3 Leyland cypress trees today. Load of chips in the truck and two loads of chips/wood in the dump trailer. About 10 to 12 tons total. I had to take out the top of the maytan tree because if I had fallen it as is it would have blocked the whole road. In Modesto if you get caught blocking the road without a permit you can be fined $5K.

jonesey, its like gary said, its in my 7000 pound chip truck that has a 13 yard capatcity and pulls my 7500 pound chipper. the 2 bolt wouldprobably work but i like heavy duty. id fix it and sell it but for now i dont want another payment on a truck

Took the CA test yesterday morning. There were 200 multiple choice questions. Read the book so felt pretty solid about the answers, there were maybe 15-20 left blank and returned to after running through all the questions. All and all it wasn't as bad as I imagined, but I guess I'll know the results in 3-6 weeks :)

jp:D

In a passenger car sure Andrew... but with the torque load of a heavy truck and all the crap it tows behind it... that 4 bolt will stand up better.

Willie... I will make some calls and see what I can come up with. :thumbup:

Gary

Nah, we run 2 bolt main blocks in our IMCA mod motors all the time. 7700 to 7900 RPM alcohol motors 475+ HP with no problems. In fact the only lower end problems we ever had were 4 bolt main blocks, But they were dirt late model motors, 410 CI alky's 700 HP @ 8500 RPM or so, we shattered alot of them. Probably why we stopped running the late models.:whine:

I hope he's not turning 7900 RPM + in the chip truck;)

Took the CA test yesterday morning. There were 200 multiple choice questions. Read the book so felt pretty solid about the answers, there were maybe 15-20 left blank and returned to after running through all the questions. All and all it wasn't as bad as I imagined, but I guess I'll know the results in 3-6 weeks :)

jp:D

Good Luck!

Nah, we run 2 bolt main blocks in our IMCA mod motors all the time. 7700 to 7900 RPM alcohol motors 475+ HP with no problems. In fact the only lower end problems we ever had were 4 bolt main blocks, But they were dirt late model motors, 410 CI alky's 700 HP @ 8500 RPM or so, we shattered alot of them. Probably why we stopped running the late models.:whine:

I hope he's not turning 7900 RPM + in the chip truck;)

What's a dirt late model motor?

Steve, here they are..........

<embed style="width:400px; height:326px;" id="VideoPlayback" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docId=2534067987251421483&hl=en" flashvars=""> </embed>

No, we stopped racing those after 1 season in 2000, lotsa $$$$ to race those.

We race an IMCA mod now, here they are....

<embed style="width:400px; height:326px;" id="VideoPlayback" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docId=-5884267067108726439&hl=en" flashvars=""> </embed>

Way cool. We have a coule of tracks around here. I haven't been since 1966. My older cousin broke my squirt gun so his mom made him take me with him to the races. AND she told me that anything I wanted while I was there that he had to buy it for me.

Went well today. Killed this Sugar Maple half day.

Had something weird happen...I took the last top out of the tree, and all of a sudden I hear a thump. Looking around, I was saddend when I saw a squirrel right on top of the chute of the chipper. He was twitching. We pushed him off and he decided to hang on to the wire....and a little while later he somewhat recovered and scampered off.

Here's some pics, the 460 woar the 32" bar today...I need a bigger power head but don't justify the purchase yet.

The homeowner decided he wanted to cut up the butt. I think once it was down he regretted it.

Poor 'lil squirrel!

I got to throw a heavy head leaning pine that I deemed unsafe to climb. It was sweet, I missed a wrought iron gizmo by six inches. I had permission to smash it, but I lucked out and looked like I knew what I was doing! Ha!

Back