How'd it go today?

Well today I sold one of my quads, Sportsman 500 '03. For $4000 it was rolled three(seperate) times and the motor rebuilt once.:D

Went to my class in Richmond, since Atlanta got canceled at the last minute last week... learned some new machine stuff, got some shiny new tools... twas nice. :D

At my "real" job right now. Earlier today I worked on 2 saws that weren't even mine. I really need to start chargin' people money to work on stuff. Since i don't drink as much beer as I used to... I'm gettin' a good stockpile of "payments". LMAO...:lol:

Gary

More wind. Ugh. Did a soil ammendment and vertical mulching job and started a job with a bunch of shrub and small tree removals.

Bagged work today as I had to drop the kid off and pick her up and I am tired of just making payroll on days where I can't put enough hours in to be productive myself. I did bid a few jobs. One I called a consulting arborist in on because I wanted to have second opinion. It is a big silver maple that has all the weight on the house side because of line clearance trimming off the other side. I was just going to suggest a serious weight reduction until I noticed that it has signs of rot on the side away from the house. The consulting arborist, who used to be the city arborist, concurred that he wouldn't want it in his yard. So they will have a big sunny backyard.

My mom came in to town for a visit and we picked up Haley from school and we went to story time at the local bookstore. I got to draw some ghosts and pumpkins and cut them out with safety scissors. My ghosts were much better than the other kids. I think they were jealous.

just playing catch up. although i did take down a nice dead black walnut and got to keep the logs. probably pick em up some time sat between hunting, and mechanicing

We are headed to the Navy Base in Key West today. Ahhhh, the paperwork to get on base is just about to much!

Just be careful...

The last time I had a call on base, I had no uniforms, and no ID badge. I got the guy with the large, beastly hands. :O :O

:P It's not that bad. Just expect a vehicle search, more than likely.

So get this, they could not get on base. I went to great lengths to make sure all the Haitens were paper ready to get on base, knowing the Supervisor's could take care of themselves. NOT. Both showed up with NO Social Security card.ARRRRGG.

Working on a military is way more of a pita since 9/11, for sure. I remember when you just stopped at the gate and told them where you were going and what you had to do, and they'd just write you a temp pass and you would be on your way.

Not any more!

So get this, they could not get on base. I went to great lengths to make sure all the Haitens were paper ready to get on base, knowing the Supervisor's could take care of themselves. NOT. Both showed up with NO Social Security card.ARRRRGG.

Gigi, you needed to pin their cards to their shirts. Probably you should write their names on the tags of their clothing too

no thunder...jus wet. One shower douched everything. Is was a bit slimey, but a simple install. Had to get it done.:D

Today's hell job.

Decided this A.M. that it didn't sound like it was gonna rain. Boy were we in for a surprise. This was a very limited access job, had a 100' + drag up a hill, up a flight of stairs, and to the street by hand. Big PITA. Brought on one of my buddys along with my brother for it to go speedy. Went well. Took down 2 good sized "Tree's of Hell", and 4 random maples. After the first tree it started pouring, we where already wet so we chugged along for the rest of the day.

Boy it was messy. I only got 2 pics, one of the first tree, and one of the path...

Back