How'd it go today?

Into the wood again today. I just don't do as much in the trees as before. I have been turning jobs away, because i can't commit to them.

Anyways... dropped daughter off at High School soccer practice at 0800... work site was 2 blocks from the school. 2 Alders and a Hemlock. All on the ground and cleaned up before the kid got done with practice at 1030. Took her back to her mom's place... got cleaned up and met the new g/f for lunch!:)

Now here i am at my real job... what a day!

Gary

Wish I could turn work away

Had some disappointing news at the dentist this morning. I have periodontitis and the dental hygienist did a manual scraping of my teeth below the gumline to remove plaque. It took almost 90 minutes to do half my mouth and I go back next week to get the other half done. I also got a prescription for Periostat ($76). Mouth is sore tonight and it's given me a headache as well. I'll have another $1000 in my mouth by the time I get this done next week.
:(

Scheduled Military Exam Physical Screening (MEPS) for mid- next month. Will be signing up for 3 years with my old unit. They are Combat police whom have already been to Iraq once. I will be assigned a squad and a humvee. 3 m-249's and 1 m-203. Perhaps even a 40 mm auto- grenade launcher. Will be activated for floods, blizzards, hurricans, Presidential security etc. approximately 2-3 months out of each year.

Had some disappointing news at the dentist this morning. I have periodontitis and the dental hygienist did a manual scraping of my teeth below the gumline to remove plaque. It took almost 90 minutes to do half my mouth and I go back next week to get the other half done. I also got a prescription for Periostat ($76). Mouth is sore tonight and it's given me a headache as well. I'll have another $1000 in my mouth by the time I get this done next week.
:(

Brian, one of the dentist's that John saw recommended a water pik with a drop of bleach in the water. So far it seems to have helped, but tears the water piks up in a couple of months. Maybe ask your doc about it. Mind you this is a barefoot dentist in the keys. I am glad you are looking after your teeth, you only get one set!

I go with a spinning 'lectric toothbrush. twice a day and the dentist doesnt really bother with scaling on my 6 month visits, says its all good. I rinse scope for a minute or two a couple times a week.
touch wood it stays that way.

I have to save money so I can afford going to have an oral surgeon pull out my wisdom teeth. Saving money has never been so much fun!

floss.....I've been there it sucks.........10k in my mouth probably

I got you beat at a good $25-30k the last few years....wish I took better care of my teeth.......A triple bridge and two implants under, that was about $9000, 2 more implants this year---$8k.......

Heck, all I really wanted was one more strategically place implant where it would do me some good.....heh.

We started two monster lombardy poplars today....I got mine mostly brushed out and ready for the crane. The other still has three tops to pull...and the back weight and wood to crane out Monday.

They are the tallest I've seen..and nearly the largest.....160' or so tall, and 22 and 19 feet around at bh, respectively...larger at ground level of course. Small excavator helped immensely at moving wood and brush, plus the chipper winch. We had a good drop zone on one side, but the wind kicked up, which ain't the best with such tall (un) "populars"

Got a few pics and videos....look for a new thread sometime soon....

We started two monster lombardy poplars today....I got mine mostly brushed out and ready for the crane. The other still has three tops to pull...and the back weight and wood to crane out Monday.

They are the tallest I've seen..and nearly the largest.....160 of so feet tall, and 22 and 19 feet around at bh, respectively...larger at ground level of course. Small excavator helped immensely at moving wood and brush, plus the chipper winch. We had a good drop zone on one side, but the wind kicked up, which ain't the best with such tall (un) "populars"

Got a few pics and videos....look for a new thread sometime soon....

I've got four yellow poplars to fall for a grading crew Monday morning.The smallest one is four feet in diameter.They're right around 120 feet tall.I'm guessing there's probably close to 5000bd.ft there..I love doing work for these guys.All I have to do is drop the trees and take the logs if I want.They take care of the brush.

Aargh. I have been working on a Project for the Recreation District this week. A line of Cottonwoods along a road in the new Park. -Hazard mitigation pruning (Deadwood over the roadway) and removal of 6 dead/dying trees. When I got the call about it I was pretty sure I screwed up the bid. Problem #1-I was low bidder. Problem # 2 -I bid it like I own a bucket truck-I don't. So I rented a Genie S-60.-A Useful piece of equipment but with some definite limitations. Yesterday afternoon I got thunderstormed out twice. The lift was scheduled for pick-up at 8:00a.m. this morning so I was out at dawn trying to finish the lift work in the fog working on soppy trees. Just before the lift was picked up I got blindsided in the face by a falling hanger-Knocked my helmet off and bent my glasses but I don't think it made me any uglier. Depending on how one interpets the job specs I can either claim to be finished or spend 2-3 more days climbing(and I',m already over my time estimate). Actually I intend to spend a few more hours getting some big limbs that AREN'T over the road that I couldn't get at with the lift and call it good. I hope that I don't have a battle trying to satisfy the powers that be. Sucky factor number ? is that I can't have access to finish things tomorrow- The park will be opened to the public for the first time for soccer games.
Coming home part of the exhaust fell off the truck.- I managed to put it back together after things cooled down.

Well that sucks all around Justin. Glad to hear you didn't get any uglier.

RB, I don't think I've ever seen a lombardy poplar that big. Picts would be cool.

Jason, the estimate I got for removing my wisdom teeth was between $600 and $800. They haven't surfaced yet but they are causing me grief, now finally at age 40.

A coupla pics was all I had time for. Should have given the camera to the ground crew, but they were swamped all day. Two of us side by side cutting will do that, ya know!

Gotta edit and compile a few videos that I shot while aloft of Eric at work.

We have been doing a little "home improvement". We have had the bowls for the fountain since Hurricane Wilma, just now put it all together. The BBQ station came together nicely. A guy that used to work for us helped John design and build it. I think he did a great job.

I wish. Unlike cottonwood, we can't even sell poplar for pulp, though both are populus genus. No market for it or willow.

Back