How'd it go today?

& Yes the deal with the chipper motor is a bloody hemorrhoid!!! Sorry to hear about that.

thanks guys but a new motor hit my doorstep this evening and ill have the chipper up and running by 2 am and be ready to fire or hear his story of why he didnt put the plug after changing the oil he wouldnt answer the phone when i called so well see in the morning ive got to get back to work later

Wait a minute here. How the heck did it not leave a puddle underneath it if he refilled it with oil, without replacing the drain plug? Either I am missunderstanding or something aint right?

Wait a minute here. How the heck did it not leave a puddle underneath it if he refilled it with oil, without replacing the drain plug? Either I am missunderstanding or something aint right?

Yeah, a couple or three gallons of oil under the chipper is a dead giveaway. Unless he still had the drainpan under there and it had enough capacity to hold the old oil and the new.

I wish I had chipper problems. I wish I had ground help problems. I wish I had a tree job everyday instead, today I hung 400 flyers on homes.

bailed due to heat.....couldnt take the bake

I decided against the pruning job I originally had scheduled for this morning and went to do a water oak removal..It was near 28 inches,leaning hard over the building.It took me from 7AM TIL' 1pm to get the top out,then I had to cut tiny peices of the trunk and throw them off.I couldn't rope much of the trunk,so I had to chunk it all the way down...There was no place for it to fall,so I had to keep going til my feet were touching the ground..It was a good job to try my new modded 346 in some bigger wood,but I was in the direct sun all day long..I was supposed to cut down another pine for them,but I bailed myself..There's always tomorrow!!

When I left the house this morning I only had one small trim job to do (taking the dead top out of an oak tree). By the time I finished that job at 10:30, I had a big fatty pine tree removal to do. Got that done by 1 and had another call for a couple big oak removals. They were by the street and not very brushy so I agreed to do them after lunch. That job took from 2:00 until 4:40.
So I ended up having a very good dollar day. :D Glad to be in the AC now, and I'm also glad that I always pack a full cooler with a dozen bottles of water no matter how short I expect my day to be. I think I drank 10 bottles of water today.

When I left the house this morning I only had one small trim job to do (taking the dead top out of an oak tree). By the time I finished that job at 10:30, I had a big fatty pine tree removal to do. Got that done by 1 and had another call for a couple big oak removals. They were by the street and not very brushy so I agreed to do them after lunch. That job took from 2:00 until 4:40.
So I ended up having a very good dollar day. :D Glad to be in the AC now, and I'm also glad that I always pack a full cooler with a dozen bottles of water no matter how short I expect my day to be. I think I drank 10 bottles of water today.

I haven't had a day like that all year long.They used to be very common.

well i talked to the guy this morning and he said after he drained the old oil he just started refilling with the 7 qts and didnt remember to put the plug in it. And for not seeing a puddle underneath theres a under ground drum that holds 25 gallons but he did offer to pay half of the price of a new motor

Well remember I'm just the 'climber' sub, except I have a bucket truck. I only do the aerial stuff and the guys I work for handle the ground work. I'm only there to get it on the ground.

I used to be a pretty decent climber but as I approached 40 my body wouldn't allow me to maintain the pace I required in order to make a decent living. The bucket just lets me do more production with less physical effort.

Well remember I'm just the 'climber' sub, except I have a bucket truck. I only do the aerial stuff and the guys I work for handle the ground work. I'm only there to get it on the ground.

I used to be a pretty decent climber but as I approached 40 my body wouldn't allow me to maintain the pace I required in order to make a decent living. The bucket just lets me do more production with less physical effort.

I have a guy that climbs for me and he's 47...But,he's just a little fella.He's about 5'3...Maybe 130 pounds..I can still move fast enough.When I have the work that is!

Back sick again, bad head and chest cold. The flu is still lingering in the house.:what:

I really feel like hell, so no BS post's from me tonite. You guys are safe for a nite or two.;)

on another note we are going through a building envelope refit here. that means we get our condo tented and scaffolded for like 12 to 18 months as they rip off all the stucco, sheathing and insulation gets replaced and... if they find water damage the list of to do's gets longer.

We only have one exterior wall and it has three sliding doors, no windows, one in each room, bedroom, spare room (office) and living room. Tomorrow they are taking the doors out to work on the waterproof membrane as we are on a slab above the parkade.

I was going to have an office day tomorrow but I am so not looking forward to interacting with numerous construction doods doing their work 4 feet away from my desk as well as the open air feeling with the lack of doors etc.

sigh.

Your building must be in pretty bad shape to justify all that demo and rebuilding. Just try to think about how much less electricity you'll use once they get it rebuilt with all new insulation/ etc.

Your building must be in pretty bad shape to justify all that demo and rebuilding. Just try to think about how much less electricity you'll use once they get it rebuilt with all new insulation/ etc.

I would think good insulation is a must in the winter up there.

its a poorly designed building. IE stucco on vertical surfaces like ponywalls etc. it isnt what we locally call the 'leaky condo' (california style, no overhangs etc) but it is a building that doesnt dry out real well. 24.75 years old and its time for a refit. there are two low rise and one high rise building in the complex, the two low rises are getting the refit, approx 10 million$. our share is about $30 large. In the end it will mean new insulation (groovy), up to date exterior finish and decor and piece of mind that the water infiltration will stop. project time as mentioned 12 to 24 months.

Its fairly mild here for cold and such, we rarley see more than 7 or 8 below (Celsius) or more than about 30 C in summer. both extremes are for a week or two at best. For comparison sake we are very similiar to Seattle for climate.

Damn 30 large :( ! Oh well like you say atleast once it's done it's done, probably gain that instantly in property value too.

Back