How'd it go today?

More working on my own. I'm not enjoying it or the hazards and problems it creates. Looking forward to next tues - new groundie starts!!!
Oh come on Pete doing tree work alone can get the creative power of the mind flowing:D It can also wear you out:lol:

The skid steer blew up today, hydraulic explosion.

Now after lunch I gotta figure a way to get it on the trailer.

We'll see.

Geez when they said 'run 'er hard and put 'er away wet' you really took that to heart eh?

JK man that's a bummer when machinery breaks down, big mess?

We're working in a sand pit soooooo.....

Funy though the hydros work (albeit dry) though the tracks won't move
to load it onto the trailer.

So we're going to drag it on up with some rigging.

We'll see after lunch.

Thank God for 36 month warranty

does your dealer have a site truck? I know the Caterpillar dealers here have service trucks to run out on site and fix things like hydro hose failures etc. depending onthe value of the downtime it may be an option.

The skid steer blew up today, hydraulic explosion.

Now after lunch I gotta figure a way to get it on the trailer.

We'll see.

Damm that sucks...I'm done falling those trees.That was a fun job...Very rarely do I get to just drop em' and leave em'.

Like I said earlier, it rained today so I spent half the day in the shop. It cleared up around noon so I called my lady up and said lets go play some tennis.

Bodean:Call the dealer, they can come out and fix it onsite, let them!!!! No point in wasting you're time and energy on it!!

Jbred: GET SOME HELP NOW!!!!!! You are really scaring me lately!!!!

Oh lighten up guys, its more of an inside joke here at home.

My wife is mortified now that she thinks all of you guys at the TH really thinks that is her.

She hasn't talked to me in days she is so mad. It's really working out well.:D

Your crazy Jbred.

Thanks Skwerl, I need some luck in that department. This one has a turbo and is a little older than the one that I bought from the junk yard. It started out life in a pickup and when my buddy decided to junk the PU it sat for about 6 months and then they put it in a 1988 chevy C-60 with a tractor service bed on it. It had a flatbed with a 900 gal diesel tank and 6 100 gal or so oil tanks with a bank of reels on one side. It also had a massive air compressor running off the PTO. Since it hauls fuel it has to be checked by the highway patrol annually and they always had trouble getting the brakes to pass inspection.

Gary, my complaint dept was inundated with messages about the spikedsupra one so I figured I should change it up. the goonies one bored me right quick so now it Schumaker. not sure what the future brings. :)

A nice thunderstorm is going on tonight. I'm here listening to some Blues Traveler and Phil Collins, trying to relax.

I still can't help but realize, it would have been my grandma's 76th birthday today. She was a great woman. She never gave up, and always had a smile on her face. I have to say though, she was always a character. Without skipping a beat, or removing the Marlboro or Misty Light from her lips, she would always be like, "Jason, your coffee cup's down there, all you have to do is fix it"... or the memories of cooking with her.

In her life, she was a woman of many faces. From being the local paper mill worker's union leader, to her stories of coming up a poor child as her grandpappy made corn whiskey out in the woods of 'Carolina. She led a long and adventurous life.

She had a stroke on Halloween night of '82. It left her paralyzed on her left side. Her doctor said she'd never walk again, and forget driving. She went to one physical therapy session and as she would say, "that $hit was for the birds, so I left." 2 years later, she drove herself to the doctor's office, walked right in like the sweet old lady she was, and promptly slapped him. She said that's what he had coming for saying she'd never walk or drive, or do most anything, again.

She always had a seat in the kitchen that she would work from. She could always throw stuff into the trash can with her right hand, and almost everyday to a point, she could always make a family meal, a meal blessed with her determination and love. As she progressed with the later stages of colon and lung cancer, she couldn't do as well for herself, but she'd never tell you that.

Even while in the nursing home, she was a character. The preacher that did her funeral, was also a person that was an admin at this nursing home. He would always come into the dry cleaners where my mom worked and he would talk about how proud she was of her grandchildren, and how full of pep and vinegar she was. She was loved by many, but forgotten by none.

Awesome Cyber. You are lucky to have a grandmother like that. Slapping the doctor, it doesn't get any better than that.

Nice read, Cyber! It's great that you have such clear memories of her.

Happy Birthday, Grandma!

Back