How'd it go today?

I did some yard work went to the dump then went and watched my wife run boomer at an agility trial then took nap after she was done More tomorrow will be lots of napping think ill bring my climbing gear and find some trees to climb

She hardly ever accosts us at stores wanting this or that toy she saw a commercial for. We let her watch videos. One hour a day most days and never before school. If she doesn't ask to see a video we don't offer.

TV is not your friend. It just tells you all the things that are wrong with you and all that you need to buy to be truly happy.

We got cable TV for the first time in almost 5 years. So far we are not impressed. Unless you count Court TV >>> I watched it for an entire day the first weekend. Now its all reruns... and the narrator's voice is making me want to commit homicide.

Today I felt like shopping at Home Depot and working on my shop. I completed two separate projects today. One was adding a sink to my shop and the other was building a saw cleaning table to set outside so I'm not blowing out nasty saws inside the shop.

The water line for the shop sink was buried way back when I built the shop, but I never tied in either end. At the house end I just put a splitter on an outside water spigot and tied one side into the water line. At the other end I bought one of those freestanding mop sinks and a utility style faucet. Punched a hole out the back side of the shop for the drain water and I'm in business. The medicine cabinet was scavenged from a neighbor's bathroom remodel a couple years ago and I have a wire running from the wall switch to over the mirror for a light fixture which I'll add later.

The saw cleaning table was built mostly out of scrap lumber I had laying around. I think I spent about $4 on it. The lip around the back side is to catch runaway nuts, bolts and c clips. :P

Today we took the kid to play miniature golf and ride bumper boats. A good time was had by all.

Well I came home from a few days in Richmond, all while trying to be gentle on the transmission since I lost overdrive.(doing 65 sucked :pissed:), after throwing a belt Friday, which took my friend and I, 3 hours to change out in a McDonald's parking lot on the rough side of Richmond.

On the plus side, I dropped lots of resumes and made lots of contacts. :)

Your truck may not have long for this world, Justin >>> or, atleast the trans, ey ? Time to start shopping for jobs & trucks, dang.
My day was good. Three hours site time, $240. Can do.

Your truck may not have long for this world, Justin >>> or, atleast the trans, ey ? Time to start shopping for jobs & trucks, dang.
My day was good. Three hours site time, $240. Can do.

I'm thinking economy car....looking at a few VW Jetta TDI wagons with warranty.

Fed cows, fed calves, fed bottle calves, fed son, fed husband, fed dogs....washed clothes, folded clothes....fetched diesel....fetched baling twine.....did grocery shopping....and fed ME!! Sometimes it's nice to have the guys home and I can play housewife.

Taking the kids tonight to see the World Of Outlaws. Sprint Car racing for you non gearheads.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mztN3ODiTso"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mztN3ODiTso" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

A better one

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tjX4OBKDq5g"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tjX4OBKDq5g" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

hey jonseredbred, I just went to my first sprint car race two days ago here in Calistoga, it was a blast. One guy flipped maybe 2 or 3 times in the air, he was okay. The last race was a blast, the guy leading the whole thing for the first twenty two laps ran out of gas on the last lap and then ended up finishing 4th.

jp:D

tday went well for us bad for the flaggers.
Some one rip offed all but 2 of there signes while the were in the road.
They were so inthralled in my work I gess toooo funny.
To bad there boss came out and was PISSED "12hundred bucks worth"
still funny

Dentist in the morning = 2 upper wisdom teeth finally coming in at age 40. Yeah! I'm a wizened old monkey.

Silver maple prune in the afternoon = Knocked out cable to beat up old trashy single wide. Fixed. Reception better than before. Pretty sure it was an illegal connection.

Round-up, weeding, planning on what annuals to plant for customer.
I used to be an arborist.

I almost got my azz kicked
I follwed the permission sheet "trimm only" so I did.
It was apparrently a tree the guy planted for his dead father.
He was realy pissed yelling at mt asked mre if I took my stupid pills this morinng. I gess being a carpet layer makes him tree expert because I shure as hell didnt know what the Hell I was doing and what was I thinking no that tree in in shock (that was a good on) oh yeah he also wanted to rip my head off nice guy

Back