How'd it go today?

I installed a basket bird nest for two baby Red tail Hawks that had fallen out
days earlier when their natural nest was blown out of a tree.

Pretty neat, I guess there is a newspaper article to follow.

After I installed them in the tree the first time, one fell out shortly after
I pulled my rope out of the tree, Back up the tree again.

Did some treework, chunking out some pine sticks from the bucket,
then one fell out again, so I came back and climbed the tree again to put it back.

There are people watching birds in the P night and day.
Amazing how many different opinions come from so many different biologists.

Ugly lil fokkers, eh?

I'm envious of the fantastic and unique opportunities you've experienced and shared with us, Deva. Cool stuff!
:thumbup:

Thanks Sqwerl, I appreciate every day.

I enjoy sharing them as a way to I guess Show what's out there.
Thanks to everybody, maybe without the cool showing of folks here
I would've gotten bored with treework and quit long ago. :)

Is the basket their new nest?

The placement of the nest was arbitrary, the main reason is to re attach
the family link, thank goodness both parents were spotted watching us.

The parents will continue to feed and care despite the two days the birds were
missing, they were at "Wild Care", with biologists.

Nice red tailed hawks! Hung couple hundred flyers and card. No calls yet.

One of the places I dropped an application off in Richmond called, so interview in the morning and an interview next Wednesday... in Richmond. :D This means one tomorrow, and one next Wednesday... yay me.

Go get them dude! My oldest daughter's boyfriend just got a job designing camping equipment for Marmot. He has a BA in Industrial Design from San Francico State. Sounds like a perfect job for him as he is always surfing, skateboarding, kayaking or something like that. Anyway sounds similar to what you are doing. Or going to do.

I'm doing maintenance today as one guy called in with a back that is hurting and the other guys shows up limping saying that he stepped on a rock yesterday.

Day off from treework today, me and a couple of my guys replaced 18 windows in my house.

I think carpentry is harder than treework..............

Day off from treework today, me and a couple of my guys replaced 18 windows in my house.

I think carpentry is harder than treework..............

Carpentry is a pain in any old house. Nothing seems to be square, and always ample amounts of dry rot and termite damage. I will be glad when I finish working on this house. It's been a long, interesting journey remodeling the place, but I will be done...someday.

Today was a hot one, in the 90's. We had an easy day of deadwooding small poplars. Low pay but I prefer to be out working for cheap than sitting at home. I believe that work begats work. Tomorrow is much the same with the exception of going back to one client whose ash tree has more dead on it. He thinks its stuff I missed but I think the tree is in decline. No matter I will re-climb to keep him happy. He is a retired widower who gets out of the house everyday to play golf. He is an old-fashioned Democrat and very feisty. He called me on the whiskers protruding from my chin. I told him that one of the benefits of being self employed in a post Miami Vice world was being able to keep a little stubble around.

Back