How'd it go today?

I truly enjoy this thread. It's always a highlight for me to be able to keep up with what all my TH friends are doing. :)

3 easy jobs today but they took all day. The first was a job dictated by a homeowner's insurance company that required cutting back some big oaks over a house before they would renew the policy (first two pictures). Unfortunately the limbs I had to cut were all solid but there wasn't any money on the job to address some serious hazards I witnessed (rotton oak top picture). But I was a good boy today, I shut up and did my job with a smile. I refused to allow myself to get all negative and it worked. My positive attitude carried through the day.

Second job was just palm trees. Easy since I wasn't climbing them. :D

Third job was an easy removal over a parking lot, then checking the rest of the trees around the building for major dead and other obvious hazards. I got a couple pictures of the crazy goofballs I get to work with. Yeah, we're hacks who don't wear any PPE.
:P

I truly enjoy this thread. It's always a highlight for me to be able to keep up with what all my TH friends are doing. :)

3 easy jobs today but they took all day. The first was a job dictated by a homeowner's insurance company that required cutting back some big oaks over a house before they would renew the policy (first two pictures). Unfortunately the limbs I had to cut were all solid but there wasn't any money on the job to address some serious hazards I witnessed (rotton oak top picture). But I was a good boy today, I shut up and did my job with a smile. I refused to allow myself to get all negative and it worked. My positive attitude carried through the day.

Second job was just palm trees. Easy since I wasn't climbing them. :D

Third job was an easy removal over a parking lot, then checking the rest of the trees around the building for major dead and other obvious hazards. I got a couple pictures of the crazy goofballs I get to work with. Yeah, we're hacks who don't wear any PPE.
:P

What's PPE???:lol: :lol:

Nice job Brian.:thumbup:

Gary

I had a nice red oak crane TD today. It went well for my fat, outta shape ass! :beer:

Tommorow I'll fly a bucket for a pecan TD.

One of the bearings went out on the disk of my Vermeer 1250 chipper. The shaft is messed up too. I got it almost all apart, couldn't get the outside bearing off so the shaft is still in the disk. I guess I will go to the Vermeer dealer in Livermore in the AM.

Finished up a Lilac hedge deadwooding this AM(Yuck) the worst part was cutting the poopy dead one out from under the Buzzard roost Cottonwood(Double yuck!) Took down a little Silver Maple, did a chipping job, bid a bunch of pruning ,ground the biggest crabapple stump I have ever done.(in the rain to boot) grabbed a quick shower and put on dry clothes and drove 30 miles to bid a big Cottonwood removal and took my wife to dinner (at 9:30).

My winters resiloution is to partake in this thread more often!

we did a Liquid Amber with a record (personal best at least) 5 wires in and around it, a pertantic old lady gardener so we lowered every branch then 1.5 hours driving to do 45 mins work in another town.

Glad it went well for you boss, really great to read
We have rain forcast for the coming 4 days so my big jobs for the week are in jeopardy but i WILL let yuz know.D

When we got back in off the water last night, we watch a show about a young logging family. Nice show! Anyone one else see it?

At work now... Runnin' around like a chicken with it's head cut off in the mornings and early afternoons getting ready for the Deming Logging Show. Tomorrow I am supposed to help take down a big Doug Fir... but we'll see if my schedule will allow it.

Gary

Bent my second bar today. I was falling a dead tree, threwballed it, I did everything right. Pretensioned my pull rope with the lean. It never should of fell the way it did. I dont know how it went to the left when it should have went to straight down the hill with the lean and the pretensioned rope. I always look to the top when falling to detect the movement, anyway, my saw hung up I bailed and watched the saw go under the base of the falling tree. It bent my muffler a little, bent my bar but that's it.. PHEW!! Almost 700 $ down the drain. ... . . Lucky day. Two bent bars in 13 years aint so bad.:)

Stumper my first bar bend to a right angle because I didn't have the breakaway saw lanyard.hehe

Let's see a pic of the stump, Robert. Autopsies reveal a lot of reasons for things going wrong on you, most times.

$700 for bent bar and muffler, huh? Expensive :).

Back to my favorite thread. :)

Today I did three separate jobs for two companies and was still home by 3pm. Started out with an oak removal over a driveway and carport. It was fat and wide but not tall at all. ezpz.

By 10:45 I was on my way to my second job/client about 12 miles away. This was a decent size dead oak partially over a house but it had been dead for a loooong time. No way was it safe to climb or rig. We dropped a couple cable tv wires and I proceeded to make a very large mess. On this particular job the property owner was a cheapskate and it was a 'leave lay'. It just had to be cut up into managable size pieces. I bombed it out and was on my way back to Maitland by 12:30, leaving the guys to buck up the big wood.

By this time the first crew had finished cleaning up the previous removal and had eaten lunch, so we met up for my third job of the day. Two dead palm removals and trimming two more (40'-50' washingtonians). I flopped the two removals and we loaded them using the winch on my bucket. 8' pieces into the small truck using the tongs and we had the truck filled up in a half hour. In order to reach the last two trims I had to lay out a plywood runway over the lawn. Setup and breakdown time was longer than the cutting time.

Another good workday for a freelance bucket arborist (treecudder). :D

I finished up some 10' ramps for loading the mini/grinders/tractor onto trucks and or bridging gaps. The mofo's are quite heavy though, around 200lbs a piece I'm guessing. Then I welded up a lip on the back of the 1 ton for the ramps to catch on, keeping them from popping out.

Then I used DTW's auger to dig 6 3'x5' holes for dad and did some other misc stuff, yep, work is slow presently.

Tomorrow I grind my heart out :)

Back