How'd it go today?

Pruned an elm at my house today. Needing to stay within pruning season, so I got on it. A little more touch up pruning on it, and another elm. We have 4 total at our house. Now we can see the Black Hills from our kitchen window. Its nice to see the fruits of your own labor daily. Normally, its just once in a while if you happen to be driving by a worksite.

Apple trees and other fruit trees are pruned for the season. Still some apples and pear to plant, but there is still time to get them done before the soil starts to dry out.

It'll be interesting to see our redwood that went in the ground last year start to grow, and our other trees that we put in 2 years ago take off.

I had the pleasure of removing a dead tree in winter park,dead wooding a Norfolk island pine and cleaning 4 queens palms. It was especially fun because the tree in winter park didn't have a permit yet.Had I known that ahead off time,I probably would have passed.

So far a good day. Spent the day with Bub, running errands and hanging out. Did some planting in the garden, made momma a bday supper of steak and lobster, now thinking about taking a nap, the UFC freeperview starts at 10pm and the Australian formula1 race starts at 11:30, I might be up a bit late ;)

Had a really nice dinner with Gerry and Terri .... Restaurant owner and personnel took real good care of us. Then we went out for some drinks at one of the local places that at least has some entertainment... :lol: I'll let Gerry and Terri describe it in their words. The PG&E crews started getting a tad loud so we all called it a night. We had a really nice evening. :)
Great company and cherished times. :) They are off to Yosemite tomorrow to start seeing and taking pictures of Yosemite in the snow. Can't wait to see the pics. They should be spectacular :)

That sounds like MY KINDA STEAK!!!
168.gif

Wifes birthday today, she hit 30 last year so I am playing it low key... thats what the wimmen want, no? :wall:

Relaxed today. Put a white pine on the ground yesterday that got inside my head a little bit. The fella grew up straight, turned 90 degrees and ran parellel to the ground, then turned straight back up to the sky. A dog leg. I dont entirely care for those to begin with but dangit the wood was frozen too and wouldnt hinge at all. It would just break when you hit it with the saw. The tree grew out over a big garage in a backyard and I had to rope the whole thing down. I just didnt like it, plain and simple.

I know exactly what you mean, Chris. Sometimes we get one that just bugs us, but we do it anyway. Then when it's finished it still bugs us. I usually just keep working it in my mind until I'm ok with it and then I feel better prepared for the next one like it.

I know exactly what you mean, Chris. Sometimes we get one that just bugs us, but we do it anyway. Then when it's finished it still bugs us. I usually just keep working it in my mind until I'm ok with it and then I feel better prepared for the next one like it.

Well put Brian, I've run into quite a few where I just looked at it and said what the hell, how am I gonna do this one? Many of the trees that bugged me in particular were dead trees with limbs over 3 phase or real low over a structure where I just can't get out there far enough. That worry is gone because now I can just pm Brian.=)

Sorry, I'm too young to die, and to handsome to get mangled up in a tree.You have the almighty bucket though.

Went out to the carport and dug out my gramparents old egg cooker this am, had some medium boiled eggs and bacon for breakfast8)

sunbeam-egg-cooker-vintage_150554020339.jpg

The little center piece has a needle to poke a hole in the egg which you then turn upwards and place the egg in a hole. The lid has measurements for water, poach, soft, medium and hard boil. Fill to that line, dump in the eggs, put the lid on, flip the switch to on and it turns off when the water is gone. I love medium boiled eggs

I knew that the issues were more in my head than in the tree. I'll be honest though, brittle wood has given me a number of headaches this winter. Between falling timber in the woods, or various critical cuts in a tree in the residential setting, its been a pain in the ass.

Dang - where IS everybody today? It must be a busy Sunday for everyone. I'm working on a pizza at the moment, oh lawdy she's a Tasty Pie!!!

Back