How'd it go today?

Consider the source, he just feels important. If the job comes in, do it, get paid, then mention it to a superior. If it was a home owner, then i'd walk but theres no reason to lose a good client due to an idiots comment

Got my first confirmed call today from the sammich board. I'm telling ya that little sucker is gonna turn out to be a gold mine. I think beyond any truck signage, it is very encouraging to possible fence sitters or people that are low in mojo.

Good deal, Skwishey. :D

Today I got a call back from my best client for the last 2 years. We haven't spoken in a couple weeks ever since I drove off his job after spending the last hour and a half on the job going back and whacking more limbs off trees I had already trimmed heavily. After the fourth "one more limb over here" I blew up and said no more.

We came to a truce of sorts. I asked him to not put me in a position of having to hack on nice, healthy trees to the point of creating future hazards and he asked me to just tell him quietly when I've had enough. Both are fair requests I believe. He is by far the highest class company I sub for but they sell a lot of commercial over pruning work (raise and gut pruning). They carry the same standards over into residential work and I hate it. A couple weeks ago his partner said to me "If we're paying you by the hour, then what difference does it make how many more limbs you cut?" He simply does not understand trees or where I'm coming from. I absolutely will not hack trees for dollars and maim otherwise healthy trees to the ugly and unhealthy ideal they consider standard. Stripping every leaf and limb up to 40' and all interior growth out to 5' of the tips isn't pruning, it's rape.

They predicted 6 inches of snow last night, woke up this morning to a dusting. Cannot believe these people get paid to predict weather.

Since we were doing spring clean up at the PT job, and my jobs require a relatively dry ground, I went to my house about 7:00. Got all the windows ready and stripped of trim, and Steve showed up about 9 and we started putting the new ones in. We got all of them (9) in except the one in the bathroom as there is a small corner of rot from the shower I have to strip the outside and fix.

Also got my new front door hardware on, gotta go back later with Ashly to clean up the electricians mess and show her what we did. The electrician also has all the wires fed, the dining room and living room spliced and ready for switches and plugs.

Looking good, and on budget.

Exhibited at Humber College today. Final day for apprentices with team arb comps, raffles and pizza etc.
Reconnected with two past apprentices. Pretty proud to get two off to a pretty good start.
Great group of gals and guys havin fun and movin on to their careers.
Congratulations to all.

Good deal, Skwishey. :D

Today I got a call back from my best client for the last 2 years. We haven't spoken in a couple weeks ever since I drove off his job after spending the last hour and a half on the job going back and whacking more limbs off trees I had already trimmed heavily. After the fourth "one more limb over here" I blew up and said no more.

We came to a truce of sorts. I asked him to not put me in a position of having to hack on nice, healthy trees to the point of creating future hazards and he asked me to just tell him quietly when I've had enough. Both are fair requests I believe. He is by far the highest class company I sub for but they sell a lot of commercial over pruning work (raise and gut pruning). They carry the same standards over into residential work and I hate it. A couple weeks ago his partner said to me "If we're paying you by the hour, then what difference does it make how many more limbs you cut?" He simply does not understand trees or where I'm coming from. I absolutely will not hack trees for dollars and maim otherwise healthy trees to the ugly and unhealthy ideal they consider standard. Stripping every leaf and limb up to 40' and all interior growth out to 5' of the tips isn't pruning, it's rape.

I deeply respect your feelings on that.

Storm damage, tons of rain heavy rain.

5 trees across the road, had a tree top fail, almost crushing the boom of the bucket.
Almost broke my knuckle from a hockle in the rope while running ropes.

Thank goodness, it's my friday.
Get to work tomorrow for myself.
Then work for some family for free on saturday.

Cheers for Beers, :beerchug: Brian! A&W.

i finally have internet back! moved into an awsome cabin in the mountains, and ive been fighting comcast ever since. now ive got a lot of catching up to do. tons of storm work here too bodean. refused to climb a pair of firs left standing after the third tree of the group fell, the ground was moving with every gust of wind. threw a couple ropes in them with the throwline and guyed them to nearby trees. hope they hold. pretty exciting stuff.

Careful guys.. Pretty much what we are doing here too... Guying the trees or drop em when we can...
BEEEEEE CAREFUL! Getting windy up here too so I can just imagine what you guys near the coast must be dealing with:|:

Got called for an estimate to finish up this homeowner special. :roll:

I really like how he flopped from his ladder the half of the tree I would have wanted to rig from... dumbass.

That's ok... his wife is ripshit at him, and I'll still be able to flop the rest... for $500. Yes, I included a "stupidity tax". :evil:

2011-03-24_18-36-51_30.jpg 2011-03-24_18-36-43_749.jpg

i finally have internet back! moved into an awsome cabin in the mountains, and ive been fighting comcast ever since. now ive got a lot of catching up to do. tons of storm work here too bodean. refused to climb a pair of firs left standing after the third tree of the group fell, the ground was moving with every gust of wind. threw a couple ropes in them with the throwline and guyed them to nearby trees. hope they hold. pretty exciting stuff.
I used to do that but unfortunately not any more. As soon as you put a rope in the tree it is your responsibility, if it falls on the house now the insurance co. might make you pay the whole tab:( Like I say I used to do it but anymore with how crazy shit has got I tend to cover my ass rather than "help out":cry: Sad sad state of affairs.

This, my friends, is a homeowner job gone wrong......right on the road I live on. Didnt even ask me for a price.

crushedladder.jpg

Geeze I hope the old boy made out better than the ladder .I suppose though with the help of a hacksaw he could get 4 short ladders out of it .

Back