How'd it go today?

That's probably worse Butch, as the money is yours and gone instantly.

Today I washed my truck nice and pretty, and did some more work on the cover-it. Putzed around mostly. Tomorrow I have to chip a pile of brush, and bring the log trailer to my buddies to move wood I dumped that he can't handle.

The sucky part about having a debit card number stolen is that you would instantly lose all the money associated with the fraudulent charges and then it is on you to get it straightened out and get your money back. With a credit card I'm not responsible for a dime and all my money is still safely in my checking account while the matter gets resolved.

Anyway, credit card fraud is rampant these days since discreet card readers are so easy to obtain any more. Just a reminder to be aware is all.

yesterday limbed out a 90' monterey pine. speed lined to the neighbors drive. today removed 4 75' mexican fan palms with crane. done by 11:30, then convinced the boss to have the crane sent back to the pine to take down the stick. one hour from arrival to break down. we spent more time driving than actually working today, not to mention i didnt have to climb a single foot;)

Set out for the big city to remove a large concolor fir from a small garden. Ended up turning back because of the snow, so Now I'm just doing a bit of woodturning.

Brought the camera along when I went down to the road to pick up the paper. Here are some winter shots:

PC180001.JPG PC180004.JPG PC180007.JPG PC180010.JPG PC180011.JPG

Last night I just kind of "dry fit " some of the white ash trim I had made for the remodel job .Did that stuff ever come out good with being quarter sawn . With a few real tight knots and grain patterns I think it gives it character .

Winter wonderland. Pups look like they needed to help go get the mail.. :) Beautiful pics Stig.
I had more days like that in New England back in the day. Get up early and shovel the steps.. De ice them.. If the roads were still messed up call in and check on work and was often told not to come in. Then seeing I had a wood shop in the basement next to the boiler for the house, I would trip on down stairs and fire up a project. Fix or refinish a piece of furniture. Make a toy for a kiddo or something. I miss having a shop. I need to get stone henge roofed and walled in this year.... Then I can work on saws or trucks in this kind of weather. I think I will work on a saw today on the kitchen table and battle the kids being in my parts so that I can go out to the small shop/shack and rob a parts saw to replace what they lose :lol:

Looks like a rough place to live, stig. ;)

This morning I chipped brush for two hours. Then took the log trailer to my buddies parents house where I dump wood, moved some big nuggets for him, he handed me an x-mas card. Thought that was nice, as he hasn't payed for wood in the last three years. 8)

I have a customer we do that with... They are sorta married into Rob's family. They are at about a 1/2 way point in our area. Cheaper often to just drop the wood there than bring it all the way home.
We just turned them onto Andy and Paula as they always have some pine to get rid of.
Now Wyatt (Rob's son) gets paid to go over, split, move and stack wood. The old man there is teaching him all kinds of handy man skills and paying him minimum wage to learn. The HO is pretty crippled up and lost a lot his money in the dot com bubble. So free wood has turned into enterprise for the kiddos.. :) Seth goes over and helps too from time to time.

Went to the mall and wrecked the last two cherries so we can grind and plant Monday and Tuesday. Then dumped a load of brush and junk wood, picked up some top soil for Monday, bought some 2x12's for the new dump trailer. Now I gotta go buy 40 stakes and some more ties

Attachments

• 1217101015a.jpg
    1217101015a.jpg
    352.5 KB · Views: 7
  • 1218100830b.jpg
    1218100830b.jpg
    388.7 KB · Views: 7
roger that. surprised the mall let you work on the weekend before Christmas, you were in and out early by the look of it.

Yeah, has to be finished by years end and theres alotta work to be done still. They don't care when I work, I just can't do anything later in the day. Was there by 7 I think after fueling the boxer, hooking up the trailer, going to the yard to get saw gas etc. Big contracts are nice but man they can be demanding!

That's what I was thinking.

Around here they get frost crack, never really saw them that big. We have weepers grafted on Kwanzan from what I can tell, and I've seen some biggies of those.

Back