How'd it go today?

Yeah, I think were doing OK, just need to cease other jobs, this is where we are so far plus removals. I think we can get the planting done in 2 days and another 6 days of pruning I beleive should get it. Red has been pruned already

Attachments

• 3 days mall.jpg
    3 days mall.jpg
    484.9 KB · Views: 6
Rock and friggen roll.... :thumbup: That's awesome you getting that much done already.. Your guys must be a huge help. I doubt I could pull something off like that with our labor pool up here. Not on that time line. I would have to pull Wyatt out of school :lol:

Set out for the big city to remove a large concolor fir from a small garden. Ended up turning back because of the snow, so Now I'm just doing a bit of woodturning.

id love to see pics of your shop. i have a little woodturning addiction and looking at tsome of the bowls you have shown here i could learn a lot.

Hope you can git'r'done Willie! Be a work filled holiday for you I guess...

I was laid off due to work shortage on Tuesday...bummer.

But today I was up near Squisher (but not that near;)) in Carr's Landing. Two trees turned into three and a 100 dollar tip! Not to mention the 40 pounder of whiskey and the box of Orville Redenbacher popcorn...I know, weird, huh?

So, twas a good day and got a pocket full of cash close to x-mas, but have a little more shopping to do so its all gone anyways!

Oh, we'll be alright, and in fact this may be an opportunity in disguise. I am gonna work on a business plan and see what kind of options I have with the Community Futures organization here in town. Who knows, this might be the time to start a little biz!

I'm beat! Got Gran Turismo 5 yesterday, took two hours to download updates and install, took mama out for dinner and was still hooked! I've got my class A and B licences passed, beat all but one of the races in the beginner, don't have a car for it yet, and all but two in the amateur, then did a couple of the special courses. It's fun, but hard as hell! Stayed up until 2:30am playing, it's addictive!
Went to work at 9am. What a PITA! Had to put in deadmen to take out a wall, then build a 15' 2x10" header and set it, then take out the deadmen. Got that set, welded in some steel for another header then cut out five walls in total. Finally done at 5pm, no lunch. I hurt, but I'm glad we pushed to get it all done. Now have to go back sometime and figure out how to level out the floors so they all match up. But my back is VERY unhappy with me right now!

Awesome Dylan... Definitely awesome for the holidays :)

Rain day today for me so seeing I have been saving some saw projects about and some Baileys B/Os came in, today was project day.
So I cleaned a carb and de-carbonized and cleaned up a jug on a Husky 460 I bought a couple years ago used. Compression was low so a new set of rings and gaskets went in. I have 6 new bars and some chain for her now that she is back up and running. I replaced the Zama carb that was on it with a Walbro also seeing I had one laying about :)

Then there was the matter of the new dogs for the 066 and clutch cover. I got the HD one that supposedly has the wider exit... It does :D Old cover got broken so it was way overdue.
I ordered a rim sprocket and oil cap also to pick up tomorrow or Monday. Getting ready for more storm cleanup I hope :D

Attachments

• IMG_5687.jpg
    IMG_5687.jpg
    521.3 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_5690.jpg
    IMG_5690.jpg
    294.7 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_5688.jpg
    IMG_5688.jpg
    377.4 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_5686.jpg
    IMG_5686.jpg
    389.7 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_5689.jpg
    IMG_5689.jpg
    381.1 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_5685.jpg
    IMG_5685.jpg
    656.2 KB · Views: 5
id love to see pics of your shop. i have a little woodturning addiction and looking at tsome of the bowls you have shown here i could learn a lot.

My lathe is set up in a little enclosure to avoid covering the whole place in shavings.
So I cannot get enough distance to it to really take good pictures.

You might want to buy some of Richard Raffans books on woodturning, they are the best there are IMO.

PC190001.JPG PC190002.JPG PC190003.JPG

No, only inboard.
It is a custom made lathe, made to my specifications.
Short bed for bowlturning with an attachable long bed. 2 HP engine and rpm control that gives me the full 2 hp at as low as 50 rpm.
Weighs about 600 pds, so it doesn't vibrate much.

It is my fourth lathe and likely my last one.

Actually been stuck at 195 for most of 2 years now. 185 would be better but them mochas wont leave me alone!

My lathe is set up in a little enclosure to avoid covering the whole place in shavings.
So I cannot get enough distance to it to really take good pictures.

You might want to buy some of Richard Raffans books on woodturning, they are the best there are IMO.

i have read, but dont own, many of raffans books, and i agree they are the best. i love your lathe. mine is an old rockwell bench top model. i want one like yours, but my shop is a 20' shipping container, and space is at a premium (not to mention money). i happen to know that im getting a camera for xmas this year :/:, and when i have it ill post some picks of my set up and some of my work. id love to see a woodwork thread here, lots of respect for you guys and your work. jaime

Went to a gun show with a buddy I've not hung out with for a while. I seem to have overwhelmed him with options. He started wanting a Ruger or other .380 auto, because a couple of his other buddies said they liked theirs.
He's a BIG BOY! 5'10" and 425ish, I made him handle several guns to see what fit him and he liked. I'm pushing him towards a wheel gun, not an auto. He's not a gun nut so I'm not sure he'll like the care and feeding of an auto, much less do it.
But it was a good time, he even bought me lunch for helping him! We go back the first or second of January to the next one and he's supposed to go to a few shops and shoot some guns to see what he likes.
Came home and chilled for a bit, the went to mom and dad's. Both my sisters BIL's and nephews were over for dinner, then we played some cards for a bit.
Then my neighbor was feeling lonely I guess so he invited me over to watch a movie. Scott Pilgrim vs the world. Funny stuff!
Now I'm beat! Fun day, but man it was long!

Yeah, has to be finished by years end and theres alotta work to be done still. They don't care when I work, I just can't do anything later in the day. Was there by 7 I think after fueling the boxer, hooking up the trailer, going to the yard to get saw gas etc. Big contracts are nice but man they can be demanding!

How did ya land that big contract?

Just got in from work. I had a small palm trimming job for seven Washingtonians. Got my buddy Mike to come run the bucket for half the money and I just drove the truck. Not much but I made some pocket change for a couple hour's worth of time.

Doctor and haircut appointments this afternoon. Good to get out of the house after being cooped up all last week.

Back