How'd it go today?

Oh, had I known it was a husky i'd have suggested you just bring that air compressor with you, they make light weight hoses now that you would hardly notice hanging off your saddle

On those saws it more of less just becomes a personal preference as they all work .They all have their quirks though .To me a modern Dolmar is the most awkward saw made although they run just fine so who am I to say .

Immigration

This Thursday one of our employees will have to go to a final hearing on his immigration status. Michael, who is from Cuba and is very legal to be here, has worked for us a long time and is one of our top maintenance supervisors. 10 years ago he got busted for cocaine and extacy, he was convicted and served his 9 months in the county jail. He was 18 at the time.

10 years later, the American government wants to track him? I don't get it. It is a complete waste of tax payer's money. First of all, he was a kid. Today he is a productive member of society, comes to work every day at 6:30 am and is married with 2 beautiful children.

Worst case he could loose his green card and only have a work permit. He would also have to travel 3 hours to check in, which means he would loose a day's pay.

John and I have plans to go to the hearing up in Miami and hopefully speak to the Judge about the Michael we know.

I wouldn't go with just a hopeful premise to speak with the judge, can you find out definitely if you will be allowed to? If not, a letter to the judge might help as well. Good luck to you guys on that, V. Immigration specializing attorneys can be a big help when dealing with immigration proceedings, they know the ropes, most lay people don't. No preparation is too much when dealing with immigration.

He does have an attorney and we have written a letter to the judge. If we get to speak, great, if not, we just want to be there to support Michael. He has grown into a fine young man.

Let us know how it works out. Actually, US immigration seems like one of the better ones when it comes to having a heart, based upon my experience. Some would say too big a heart.

My day started with getting my head sliced open. A co-worker at the part time job was getting a saw off the shelf, I was turned the other way at the work bench, and got nailed in the head with something. They had a parts string trimmer hanging, it fell from it's roost and wacked be behind the ear on my skull. Hurt like a bitch, shed some blood, but I'll live. Did the job of the day, then looked at a crane job after work with the boss for Wednesday. Did some paper work when I got home, and thinking of going to bed early.

Thought you guys might get a laugh out of this one. Had a person call me to look at a job, they had a smallish tree fall over onto their house and had 3 dead trees in the yard. The woman kept stressing that they had no money. I told here that her insurance co. would pay to remove the tree off the house so I would bid high on that and would do the other 3 TDs for free. She called back today and said that they had another co. do the insurance work as they were cheaper and now want me to come and do the 3 free trees:lol::lol:

Yup be right there lady:|:

Dylan, my memory is about as sharp as a bowling pin. What did you do to your back?

And yes, this is the slow season. Around here we won't pick back up until mid February. Until then it's normally one, maybe two jobs per week.

I started a land clearing contract I just got from Manitoba Hydro. It is -30C windchill out in the open and I haven't winter logged for years. I have to widen a 1000 foot long transmission line corridor through a local indian reserve a extra 15 feet ,roughly 1 acre. 6"- 12" dbh spruce and poplar cut and piled into 2-4 ft. All undergrowth and limbs cut small , no cleanup.
The 346XP with 16" b/c was like a laser through the small stuff, really impressed me with its speed and handling.

Willard.
Just a update from my last post. I got about another half day left tomorrow and this job is finished. I'm running a much faster saw on this job now. I parked my 346XP and now running my 372XP with a very rare 14" Windsor speed tip bar . First time I used this bar in almost 30 yrs. The 372 sure cuts alot faster then my old Jonsered 630 the bar came off of and alot faster then the 346.
This saw makes me want to go back full time on pulpwood production, what a rush to use with this setup.

Willard.
SDC10294.jpg

Back