How'd it go today?

I started filling the pool back today, at the house we're looking after. They started pumping out the old water Wednesday once the power got restored to the sub-panel for the pool house and the mechanicals for it. They cleaned it out last night, mucking out the leaves, mud, frogs, and tadpoles from it, and giving it a good scrub down after 3-4 years of sitting idle.

I'll go back tomorrow, and see how the refilling is progressing, when I let the electricians into the guest house(one house I'm glad I'm not working on). :lol: Monday, the pool company is supposed to be back to winterize it, and put on a new cover.

Now, I'm thinking about going to bed.

I love my wife, I really do, and she hasn't been treated as well as she should have been of late. I know and understand that, which is why I agreed to go out tonight. She needed a nice night out.
We went to a Goodwill "tree fundraiser", they auction off decorated tree's, wreath's and tables loaded with goodies. Being the optimist she is, she thought it would be fun and right up her alley. When I was approached about this I was promised and open bar, good meal AND comfortable seating for the evening.
It's certain to me at this point she wants me to die a slow and horrific death!
I got to meet her sisters new man, didn't impress me much, had to wear the suit, had a decent dinner, spent $70 on six beers and a glass of wine (for her). $5 on a Jack and Coke, free beer and wine not mixed drinks, and stood/walked for three hours.
I hurt, very badly right now! Handful of Advil, two Lortabs and a stiff whiskey are waiting to kick in! ALL of the tables were claimed, and the off chance I did get to sit, it was a metal folding chair that I did good to get out of!
BUT, she had a nice night, I kept the complaints minimal, even though she knew I was hurting, and I got to meet this guy! Lyle Lovet meets A Flock of Seaguls! He was a trip for sure! We shared "hair stories" and had a few laughs!:lol:

Attachments

• moto_0198.jpg
    moto_0198.jpg
    498.6 KB · Views: 15
Nice Willie :thumbup:

Slash and burn all day here. Highlight of the day was a nasty hollow, 1/2 dead live oak over the HO driveway I have been bugging him a year to do. Got it down with minimal damage to the surrounding trees. No good hinge wood... Had to bind the crack that went 20 feet up it. Put two ropes on it (1 limit 1 pull) and kept it from hanging up in other trees. About all I could hope for. I have had some nasty dead ones this week. Sure makes for thumpty thump in the chest as they fall and a sigh of relief when it is on the ground and nobody got hurt (mainly me).
Have to go check on that job that was snow buried tomorrow and see if we can get into it.

Went and looked at a take down job. Nice size Locust, probably gonna yield some good wood for turning.
Looking over the hedge to the next door property, I saw these two.
Just thought I'd share them here. Always nice to see a job well doneTACH=CONFIG]28522[/ATTACH]

Attachments

• PC040011.JPG
    PC040011.JPG
    74.2 KB · Views: 95
I have some beauties I will treat you to. Guy asked me to top them. They are a thing of beauty. Glad my name isn't on them. How does that saying go about first stage of removal. I will try to get my stepson to get some pics and post them.

Went and looked at a take down job. Nice size Locust, probably gonna yield some good wood for turning.
Looking over the hedge to the next door property, I saw these two.
Just thought I'd share them here. Always nice to see a job well doneTACH=CONFIG]28522[/ATTACH]

Isn't that the Danish Military cut?:lol:

That was for giving the missiles a clear line of sight or something!
Fixed the van in the windy cold. Changed out the belts last week, you have to take off the passenger front wheel and change one out from underneath. I've no idea why they couldn't have just used a serpentine belt, but it has two belts and the bottom one is a bear!
It started making a noise when it would coast, not under power, not when braking, just coasting. I didn't get the lug nuts tight enough then the temperature changed, got cold, and the aluminum shrank enough to let them get loser. Three were snug and two were finger tight! Took it all apart and didn't find anything else. Just a screw up on my part, torqued them down and it was nice an quiet on the test drive.
Just a reminder, you guys with aluminum wheels, check them when the seasons change, and make sure you torque them properly!

Every once in a while, a customer really just makes my day :)
I just got this e mail from a client we did storm clean up for recent.
I edited some of her info for her privacy in open forum.

To Whom It May Concern:

This letter is to highly recommend the services of Goodman and Cole. I have been benefiting from their excellent yard service for four or five years. I quickly learned that I could be at complete ease about their knowledgeable advice, fair prices, and exceptionally hard work. It isn't many services which I can say it is a pleasure to do business but Goodman and Cole has been one of those. Also, as a woman living alone I actually felt more safe when they were working on my property. I recommend them to all without reservation.

Sincerely,

Kathleen XXXXXXX

Montrose, Co 81401
(970) XXX-XXXX

Yes it is...
I called her a little while ago to thank her for the letter and to express how clients like herself make the job worth doing.. :D

I think I will be doing that 85 foot cedar :D

hmm, second to last Christmas party tonight, one for my wife's office, I am exercising for the buffet. light breakfast, mid afternoon lunch then fasting till the line opens. My new approach, contrary to last years 'its all about altitude' theory is; the good stuff is at the end of the line. I practiced two weeks ago and did fairly well; a smidge of ceaser salad for color on the plate followed by a small spoonful of pasta and 3 portions of roast beef off the bone with horseradish & spicy mustard, followed by seconds of the same. Wife got suckered into the dessert table after her first plate, poor dear.
This dinner is a good buffet with an easy distraction of cold cuts and fish products mid line (IE smoked salmon, cold prawns etc). I think it will be a high protein type meal tonight, pics if I can get them ;)

Just a reminder, you guys with aluminum wheels, check them when the seasons change, and make sure you torque them properly!

Aluminum wheels suck. They are more prone to bead leaks, they oxidize, and they can glue themselves on to the hub. Plus they cost extra. I will take steel rims, given the choice.

The 200-T was released from ICU with a clean bill of health following some bone-setting and complete cosmetic reconstruction. $220

Ouch! But at least you're back in bidness. :happens:

My back has been getting worse over the last week. I overdid it on a job last week moving some logs and I'm getting worse by the day. Took 8 Ibuprofen since getting home this afternoon and it is starting to unlock a little. I have some muscle relaxers but I hate taking them because they turn me into a zombie for a day. Although with an open schedule and plenty of food in the fridge, I might just go for it.

Well all I can say is palm trees suck! Trimed two tall and two short today. Took about four hours of strait work to climb and clean up by myself. The customer was very happy, but I realized I should of bid just alittle higher about half way through. O well win some lose some. Hopefully I will get some more work off the job.

It's your bucket truck, Brian. At the least, wear a back brace.

Orrrrr, feel the results...

Remember when back braces became popular? And Home Depot required everyone to wear one as a requirement of their insurance? And after about 3 years they all quit wearing back braces because back injuries actually increased when everybody wore a back brace all the time?

Thanks but I'll pass. ;)

Maybe I could put plywood sides up in my bucket like Frans so I can reach over my head to work instead of working at waist height? :roll:

The problem most people have with back braces is that they wear them all the time. They should only be cinched up when you are actually lifting, otherwise they start to replace some of the core strength.

Back