How'd it go today?

They study it for like six years in junior high and high school, but only to pass some dumb written test. The verbal education is very poor at best, and they seem to quickly forget what little they have learned.

It would be pretty hard in my opinion to go from the type of writting the Japanese use to the type we use .Even more difficult to get the pronunciation correct of the words . The Nordic languages would be equally as hard .Stig and Magnus do exceptionally well .

Frence,German and Spainish are relatively easy to at least get the gist of the wording if in the written form but that's where it ends for me .Spoken, I'm at a loss .:?

:lol: I had forgotten how much chips a thickness planer produces .Yesterday I planed down three 12 inch by 12 foot rough cut ash boards for window sills and trim .Then carted two wheelbarrows full of chips out of my garage before I could proceed any farther with the job .

Planer chips are a problem if you don't have a place to dump.. They take a long time to compost. Currently mine go to a chicken egg farmer.

I've got piles of all kinds of stuff hidden in my woods .Composted leaves that is about like topsoil,wood ash,stone,bricks,sandstone ,saw chips and now planer chips .

Since it was mentioned ,as a youngster we hauled planer chips from a local mill by the trailer load to use for chickens plus those stubborn as mules Shetland ponies .Damned chickens could stomp that stuff until it was about like oriented stand board . Who knows maybe that's where the idea for OSB came from ???

Get a bunch of five gallon pails (empty plastic oil pails with a lid are ideal) Fill 'em with shavings and a cup full of diesel fuel, compress 'em put the lids back on, and sell them to people who have issues getting a fire going!

Might not be a bad idea except it would be my luck some butt hole would use it for arson and they would arrest me for abetting .

Yeah my bad! I forgot you guys are inundated with ambulance chasin', bottom feedin', lawyers.

It would be pretty hard in my opinion to go from the type of writting the Japanese use to the type we use .Even more difficult to get the pronunciation correct of the words . The Nordic languages would be equally as hard .Stig and Magnus do exceptionally well .

Frence,German and Spainish are relatively easy to at least get the gist of the wording if in the written form but that's where it ends for me .Spoken, I'm at a loss .:?

When I took to years of Russian in school, the Cyrillic alphabete broke me. Never could get the hang of it.
I have a real good ear for languages, my German is almost as good as my English and I am a natural speller, but what passes for my brain simply couldn't handle the shift to another type of letters.

2 years wasted, I should have taken French or Spanish instead.

Ugh, today is one of those days that makes me want to just crawl back in bed. I got a call at Wesspur from this guy who wants to buy a bowline, but in case we were out of those then he'd take a girth hitch instead. I tried to explain that a bowline and a girth hitch are knots that tie with rope, and not a product you can buy, but he just got mad at me and said he would take his business elsewhere then. The next guy who called was mad because the flipline he bought wouldn't work with his rock climbing harness and accused me of taking advantage of him because he is a beginner. Then I got a call from a guy who wanted to know how to use his 2.2 mm Zing-it throw line to rappell out of a tree. If 1 more retard with a death wish calls me to complain about how big an idiot they are, I'm going to have a break down.

Hell, sell the fellow a bowline! Ha.

I actually got to use my wedge and throw a dozen or so trees! I hardly ever get it do that - it was fun, easy money.

Isn't that why they pay ya the big bucks Sean, to answer the tough questions?:lol:

Cleaned this one out today.

This is a big old Awesome live oak I cleaned out today. IMAG0250 (2).jpg IMAG0253 (2).jpg IMAG0256 (2).jpg IMAG0259 (2).jpg IMAG0260 (2).jpg IMAG0258 (2).jpg There was a talo tree in the middle of it.

Me and Chris pieced apart a huge dead post oak over a ton of wires and nonsense today. We used a bucket truck, which rocked in a serious way. A guy we know has a nice material handler truck like Skwerl's that we rent by the day. Those trucks rock. I wish I could justify getting one cause they aren't that expensive right now. There just aren't enough trees you can get to around here... ah well.

Got a few phone calls too. Hopefully, this lull in business will be short lived, but it's day by day again. Damn! ;)

Wow!!! That's a sweet tree!

I climbed my first big live oak this summer. Twas awesome!

Did ya use the bucket or climb it? Looks like it would be easier to climb!

Sweet! That moss can be time consuming though. I spent almost six hours on a tree almost that big the other day, and we had two climbers working the areas I couldn't get to.

Back