How'd it go today?

Today is nice. Chillin' on the porch, reading about landscape trees... ...looking for some fresh ideas.

just replaced the starter in my International......pretty weighty. New one is three times the size of the old one.....but much better.

goin for a bike ride, then change the oil in the mini van and swill a couple of beers

Chasing rain drops .As I type Tom's bucket truck is in my driveway .The danged swinger came loose on the boom .

We should have it repaired in about an hour if the rain stops . Then if all is okay I will fly up for short removal of a dead limb on one of my 100 foot oaks .

Got the new to me chip truck cleaned up. Got some modifications to be doing, next week. Can't get myself motivated to get the wiring for the trailer changed over. Maybe tomorrow.

Picked up my dump trailer this morning. It took me 2 weeks and 2 days to decide if I really wanted it after I gave the deposit. Last night I wanted it, this morning I didn't. I just don't like parting with the money, but it's going to be nice to have if I don't sell it in the 30 days the temp plate runs out.

I should be all set with gear now, just one more item I'm waiting on a call if the guy ever decides;). But I feel for him, rough times.

Scott, what kinda truck ya get? Maybe I missed it?

Nice. Good luck, gas or diesel?

Here's the new trailer, 14' deck over flatbed, two 7k axles. My idea was to do log stake sides, and a set of low 1' sides for all purpose, yada yada. I wanted the flatbed to load from the sides, and park the mini in front.

Attachments

• trailer 001.JPG
    trailer 001.JPG
    99.4 KB · Views: 15
Diesel auto. Already has a massive cooler for the transmission. And a nice tuner that monitors everything except boost pressure.

Nice trailer. I think that length is great. 16 was a bit to big in my opinion.

After seeing Carl's I said "damn, that thing is huge". I wanted a 12', but last minute said I'll just get in between. It doesn't mean I cant haul 16' logs on it. :|:

Sounds good Scott, good luck with it. I need an extra 60hp and some gauges for my rig.

I was working. Somebody has to pay the bills around this place. :|:

Another full day, got my daily rate plus a $50 tip. I did a bunch of perimeter trimming at a plant nursury and took down a half dozen pine trees. I'm a little bit closer to having my Cali trip paid for. :D

Thanks Brian! I was unmotivated this morning and now it's hot. I have it all covered.:D I watched a movie on LMN with the woman and did my climbing exercise. Maybe I'll go visit my parents. Brendon a trailer is the most economical way to haul large amounts of wood. Especially if you use it occasionally. If you hauled wood everyday then you would probably want a truck. I will be using my trailer on Monday. Mine is a between the axle 7'X12.5'X4'. No vehicle insurance necessary and here in Cali no annual license. The only maintenance I have done is tires, had to replace the battery at a couple of years and a couple of minor repairs.

Hey Steve you are starting to sound like my old man. Between LMN and the Oxygen channel I don't know what he watches more.
It's kind of scary actually lol.

I bid a job this morning and got it. Other than that I really have not done a whole lot. I need to find out where to buy some Mobil DTE 16M Hydro Oil or some Shell Tellus 68, I am having a hard time.

Also need to find a place or two to get some quotes on a new Aluminum chip box.

Nice trailer Brendon!!! I bet that will compliment your rig very well!

Today was good. Started out with going to pick up a freezer Grandma bought for us a a 'room sale' at the old folks apartments where she lives. Almost brand new, and only $150. That went smoothly, until a lady there asked us to carry a cheap entrainment center she bought there to her room. And that turned into us trying to put the TV in the center, and it turns out she didn't measure and it was too small. So we put everything back and we had to carry the darn thing all the way to the dumpster. Ended up staying 3 hours at Grandma's for a 30 minute visit.

Also learned how to hand sharpen chain saws today, which is AWESOME!!! I ended up doing the 25" and 36" chains on the 460 and 660. And man, that 660 takes awhile!! I'm just happy we have the vise to put the saws in, so they're all about chest level.

Cool deal, Adrian. Keep a close eye on your angles and keeping the same profile on every tooth. It gets easier with practice but the long bars still take a while. 8)

Sweet trailer Brendon, guess if you want 16' logs you can still hang em off the ass end.

So Scott you couldnt swing a 550??? What ya pay for the 450 and how many miles. Any pics???

Also learned how to hand sharpen chain saws today, which is AWESOME!!! I ended up doing the 25" and 36" chains on the 460 and 660. And man, that 660 takes awhile!! I'm just happy we have the vise to put the saws in, so they're all about chest level.

Very cool! I like to use a file guide. Some may think it's a bit cheesy, or like you're cheating, but I'll touch up my chains during the day out in the cut, but afterword, I'll put them in a vise and sharpen maybe three saws. And after a while you can get tired or careless or whatever and your angles can start to stray. Put a file guage on, and it's like "whoa, I'm way off!" You can either go with the el cheapo ones for like $7 that you just lay over the chain, or get the Granberg, or Granville or whatever it is that actually holds your file and you clamp it on your bar. I like that one. And when you're done, you know they're all exactly the same angle and height.

It was between a 450 here or a 550 in texas. 450 is 16000 gvw which should be plenty. The electric dump was a 4000 dollar add on it only has 78000 miles. I paid 17000.

Pics tomorrow its raining like a sombeetch outside

Back