How'd it go today?

I did almost nothing today. Climbed up to the top of my practice tree out back and cleaned all the fish from yesterday. I have a job for monday and may have to get creative to get fuel for the vehicles for the day. The last two jobs are slow payers (this was agreed to by me) and I forgot I made another dump run for the neighbor.

I've been working some really nice trees the last couple of days. A big ass willow and a giant maple for around here. A real cool property with big old trees. All deadwooding and cleaning up, nice work to be doing. This morning there was a great horned owl at the base of the maple, he flew up into a neighboring tree and watched me for awhile. Nice to see a big cool bird like that close up.

Next week I've got a nice big fir to TD that I'm going to be bringing home some decent logs off of.8)

Practice tree?

Yep, I have a practice tree, a walnut. I sometimes body thrust up to the top for exercise and practice. If I have any new gear or techniques to try out, this is where I do it. It's about 50' at the very top and I go up to where the branches are about 4". I have a frictionsaver installed in it and will usualy leave a rope in there for a few weeks while the ground isn't wet from being irrigated, which messes me up for using it until it dries out.

Attachments

• tree (Small).jpg
    tree (Small).jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 43
I just went outside and put my bucket next to it and yeah, it's not fifty feet, just a little over forty. I put my bucket in the air next to it all the way up and took a picture looking down on the tree top.

Attachments

• tree 016 (Small).jpg
    tree 016 (Small).jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 42
I enjoyed my first pizza buffet today for the first time since I started my weight loss thing. It was not as appealing as it used to be.

I'll do it again in another six months or so.

Took down weeds on that long arse driveway and tree line. Then went over to the towing company guys shop and did that for him. Tipped the scales in my favor on the barter so a new spare for the van is in order for the drive in June :D Told him I was not cutting his weeds anymore and that he needs to spray the shop. Place has turned into a junk yard. I took enough hits from all the gravel, slate and crap along the driveway and his shop. Not to mention pieces of steel and glass. I was soooooooooo FN DONE!:|:

I spent my day rebuilding one of these.... freaking small metric fasteners will be the end of me, yet. :lol:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8276D6slJ64&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8276D6slJ64&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

... then I came home, waxed my stock, and reassembled the Mosin Nagant. I'll get pics of that in the morning.

Attachments

• BNA.JPG
    BNA.JPG
    19.7 KB · Views: 37
Babysat all day, went to wal-mart to get paintballs for tomorow and got the boy a swing while we were there. Installed swing in front tree, pushed the boy in the swing for nearly an hour, cut the grass, bid a job for a friend, went to a baptisim this evening and had supper with some friends. Boys asleep, wifes on call, chinaco keeping me company now

I was going to go fishing, but 30mph winds and Crappie dont seem to work!
Got my new glasses frames in and picked them up.
Raised an Elm over a driveway (yeah, a little tree work!) then came home. Just so I could go back! The fool pulled his trailer to the dump site with his tractor, he just forgot to put gas in it!!
The neighbor came over with his daughter and pork chops:P We grilled them up and waited for the tornadoes to come down.
Busy day!

Today I'm doing a neighbors small job. Dead wood a maple clump and chip a bunch of trimmings. It'll be a nice easy short day, but he's a good neighbor so it'll probably just cover fuel and some beer for the long weekend. May long up here, party will be on this afternoon.8)

It's frustrating when people quote when they don't need to, or don't quote when they should.

Back