How'd it go today?

Serious wood there Brian... I would have loved to see that tree before it was slayed. Happy you made good bank on it though.

Sorry to hear about your aunt Steve. I hope everything is going to be ok with her.

Killed shat loads more grass today and scheduled two days of tree work and chipping with a customer after taking out her field out back. Frig I am beat... Hit a lil postage stamp yard on the way back through town (4th stop).
Aunt Shiela is still in the hospital and the phone is going nuts.
Have a large parcel to do over the next couple days down in Hunters Valley. Mostly its taking the weeds off trees and around a house and orchard.
Got a call from the last customer I did down there. CDF went by and inspected and was very happy. So the customer called to say how happy he and they were and TY. :)

Worked on the DR when I got home and got it going to find a broken valve stem on a tire :P So I will need to stop at the tire shop on the way out in AM. I am so done and no where near close yet in reality before bed :P

Nice day yesterday .Repaired a weed wacker and a roto tiller ,no big deal .

Last night and today it rained like cow peeing on a flat rock then warmed up and it was very pleasant this afternoon .

After working years on the afternoon shift it surely is pleasant to sit on ones patio and listen to the birds chirp as the sun goes down .:)

Finished up my second to last large project for this school year. Tomorrow's Friday, so that means only 3 more weeks until school is out!

Also got a call from a neighbor. Want me to watch their cat again along with mow their lawn and water the plants for 2 weeks. A quick, easy $100, yeah!!

Almost done with a rather large weed whack job. Just the road to go. Little over a 1/4 mile of road and tree line. Whew! Then off to others needing done.... CDF and the ticket book are following us everywhere it seems and everyone has gotten gold starts :)
Had the DR out in the thickest spots and it decided to blow the cooling fan apart after 2 hours. So it is good we did as much as we did :) Came home and put a new fan in (stolen from the tow behind model ;) ) and we are back in the saddle. The grass is really thick and nasty this year. :P
4 phone calls a day for the last two.. Crikey!

I hauled away a spa this morning and did a bid for a govt. job. Then I went fishing in the San Joaquin River by Manteca. Caught 3 catfish.

Yeah, on the way out the boat was going against the wind and getting us a little wet. On the way back it was just plain getting cold, but the wind had died down.

got dog crap on my hand
dropped an armload of brush over the fence on my groundie
he got the crap on his back
b tween the shoulders
freakin gross, went home and showered
the smell followed me for a while
you know the saying
" if there's dog crap in the yard...i'll find it"
yeah thats me
then i drove 4 hours round trip to bid a $250 dollar tree.
whoo hooo

Picked up a couple small jobs for the long weekend. Small trees, no cleanup and I get more time on the gaffs. Practice, practice.

All day crane job removing pine trees. One of the guys on the crew pissed me off, but I sucked it up and didn't say anything, even loaned him my saw. "That saw sure does cut", he said. :roll: He's tight with the operator, figured getting into a hassle was not the priority.

I've been buzzing it off myself, but I'm getting tired of looking so bald so I'm gonna let it grow a 'lil longer.

It's finally Friday!!!

Not much I did today. I'm working on updating my profile on here and messing around with the Mac, etc. Other than that, not much. Tomorrow or Sunday we may finally have a chance to do that spike job I mentioned earlier.

Got my 046 ready for my first side job and brought some rope from k mart,sure hope it goes to plan!!

Hah! I've been staying busy all week. A friend of mine hired me to cut down all the pines on his property (about 20+) and I have been using that job to fill in the empty days. I killed 9 today before lunch.

I looked at another oak removal coming up next week. The guy hiring me figures it will take me about 1.5-2 hours to get this tree on the ground. I'm thinking more like about 30 minutes. :/:
There's a trailer park on the other side of the fence/ power lines so everything has to come back to this side. I'm thinking on taking the one drooping limb off that would hit the wire and then flop it over. It's got a lot of back lean but I can use the 28K lb bucket truck to pull it. The power line is indicated with a red arrow in the second picture.

Back