How'd it go today?

I wasn't even up to "hillbilly" Stephan! If I couldn't get a monkey fist in, I was climbing, even for a pull line.
Today, one throw and I hit the top crotch, 40 feet up, five min. later the pull line was pulled up and I was tying a slip not and sucking it up! I was amazed I even hit the crotch!:P

congrats on the baby!

spent the day cutting pyrocanthus.

Is this plant called that because of the red glowing coal color berries? Or is it the searing flame like pain when one of the thorns inserts itself into your body?

Naw, it is because Pyracantha (Fire thorn) is an escapee from the fires of hell scattered upon the earth to torment arborists, landscapers and gardeners.:D

Congrats to ya'll! Kids rock, but I'm in no hurry to join that club... :|:

Just finished today. Removed two good sized limbs over an already planted vegetable garden, and I just about lost it at my ground guys... Joe, the thinker that he can be sometimes, never ceases to amaze me at what he still hasn't figured out. How can you be climbing for three years, and still not know how to tie a timber hitch, or how to let it run? And Matt today, walked right underneath me to pick up little brush as I was making the back cut on a stem section of a smaller tree. I had made sure it was clear and everything before hand, and Joe was holding the tagline watching. Matt just didn't even think to look, just dove in there. Luckily, I saw Joe yelling at Matt, and I stopped cutting before the piece went over. ...sorry for the vent. I ended up dropping them off early and going to do the last job solo.

Rock and roll Greg, good luck with the kids!

Looks good Paul, good time for a big pine. Do you take the loader their first, then come back with the truck and chipper? Shoot, just remembered you had the k-boom truck, maybe that hauls the loader there?

I feel the same sometimes too Andrew. My bro has been working for me part time for 3 years, the amount of times I showed him how to tie a line on is endless. It comes up different every time. I had my friend Greg work for me the other day, I was chunking some good sized pieces onto a block, and he didn't even shake the trunk. It was his first time. Amazing.

Today I hauled some fence for my bro, it's raining again. Thinking about a nap. :)

Frigging rained all morning in town for my last day(1/2 day) of fun filled curbside chipping. Just above my house there's fresh snow, yuck.:(

Close Call.

So today was interesting, though rare.

I was bucking up a limb on the ground with an 020.

Well as I was undercutting, I guess the tip caught something as I finished my cut.
Well the saw did a back flip right outta my hand flipped a perfect flip inside my right hand my chin and my chest then fell on the ground.

Needless to say I was a little surprised. A guy on the crew saw it.

Watch out, keep safe.

Lordy, you need one of these!

312250MNQML._SS500_.jpg

Yeah Brendon I have a tilt, flat bed trailer that I haul the wheel loader with that I can haul with the K boom truck or I have a dodge dually with a cummins in it that pulls it real nice if we dont have to haul it.

Bodean, lucky that saw wasnt sharp or you coulda got hurt like

Another audubon job this afternoon. Had a baby osprey that needed to go back into his nest. The nest was slightly higher than the reach of my bucket and mama wasn't very happy to have me that close to her nest. I only got a couple pictures because I was trying not to get dive bombed.

No. The picture of the nest was taken by reaching up over my head with the camera. After taking the two pictures I took the baby out of the pet carrier and set him up in the nest, then got the heck outta Dodge before mama got any closer to me.

Brian, that is so cool!!

Greg, I went and asked my husband....he said "no guts".....he looked over too, said they cut horizontal through the outer skin and under layer, then a vertical cut through the uterus wall. Nothing grotesquely gory. For the record, he did get a bit queezy watching the needle go into my back for the epideral though. (suggestion:close your eyes)

Good luck tomorrow!!

Deva, I'm so glad you're ok! :\: (I guess you could see if the Flying Karamazov Brothers are hiring...sounds like you'd fit right in)

Back