How'd it go today?

I slammed my ass into a mapletrunk after a 20' semmi controled sting after slipping and tripping over my buck strap I luckly hit head first I think I will live

Amazing how fast you can get moving on a little swing off a limb, huh? :|:

No doubt, I slipped this morning on a small oak takedown. Slammed into the trunk with my shoulder, only about 6 feet away.

I remember when that used to not hurt!

Lord, lord, children...you have no idea :|:

Listen to yer elder, now...it only gets worse...sorry to be the bearer of...what is it?...bad news or simple reality?

Be strong and buy stock on OTC anti-inflammatories and pain relievers.
:P;):D

Glad nobody got hurt much ;).

Burnham, how the heck are you on the net at this time of day? I thought you were only on when the timecard was ticking... :)

Paulie my boy, I'm on the road, down in southern Calif. doing the USFS Treeclimbing Tech. Advisory Group meeting. You know, living in a hotel with free wireless interweb access...what would you be doing?:)

Time for bed, really...I leave for home tomorrow at 0630, two day drive ahead.

Wraptor was a success...more to follow on that subject.

I finally had a few trees to climb today and a few more to do tomorrow. Just prunes but good climbs and a lot of fun!

I'm just glad to be back in the trees where I belong!:D

Burn, please forgive my youthful ignorance. honestly. :D
drive safe, teach well and make it home before your lady friend gets sketchy. :)

Nothing to forgive, my youthful friend :). I expect to be home Friday night, or no later than mid morning Saturday, with a compressed schedule for catchup lovin' before I'm off again all next week for another workshop to help out with.

Absence makes the heart grow fonder, as they say. ;)

Absence makes the heart grow fonder, as they say. ;)
Back in my youthfull sea faring days I had the bright idea that this catching up could be turned into a marathon of sorts . Seems like it really doesn't take that long much to my disappointment .;)

Delivered four dining chairs, got a wad of cash from a really great customer I have....just a very appreciative person who is a pleasure to work for in all respects. Heard about a big tree job that is likely rolling in, 250 pine removals to make way for an old folks home. Promising day :D

I friggen quit.

Miserable unsafe working conditions, and nobody said hello. Had to pack all my gear into the base camp, and then another forty minute hike over a mountain, no vehicle access. Froze my butt off working on very steep terrain covered in a foot of snow. No campfire, no heat, nuttin! No breaks, lunch was standing on one foot or another while eating my sandwich. The trees were thick, they wanted the place opened up with 2-3 meter space between, and the brush in there was my responsibility too. Even with a good plan, no way to fall a lot of the trees without getting them hung up, which entailed a lot of slicing and dicing to finally get them to go over. On the forty-five degree slope, it wasn't fun. Had to buck up the logs somewhat, to be left there, which meant constant climbing up and down, me and the saw went flying a few times. Finally, I almost broke my neck climbing out of the deep ravine I had been working in, when finished for the day. The next day, more rain and snow....it got me to thinking....

They liked my work, called twice to get me to go back to prison. I must be soft :cry::roll:

Did you miss me? My DSL is working again. Took a week for the phone co. to come out. I did a removal job yesterday but I'm caught up again. Worked on my dump trailer today. Modifying it into a gooseneck. Here is a pic of one of the halves of the gooseneck.

Attachments

• trailer 003 (Small).jpg
    trailer 003 (Small).jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 30
went to a 4 hour seminar this morning about
why_rainwater_harvesting
, pretty interesting actually. then an estimate and then a brutalization of 7 REALLY old overgrown shrubs. :D

Wife went back to work this evening for her first shift as her maternity pay ran out last week. she is scheduled thursday and friday nights from 5 to 9 then saturday for an 8 hour shift and mondays for a 5 hour shift. She needs to get 20 hours a week to keep her benefits package, I (we) want her (us) to raise the kid, not daycare if we can avoid it. I will cover the two night shifts, her ma will cover saturdays and my ma will cover mondays. :)
For now.

Welcome back Steve...
Today was really nice outside. Had a burn day so slashed and burned. Posted some pics of that in the pic thread. Worked in a tank top under a tee shirt today :D Got payed and had a beer with the customer as is our tradition with him every month :)
Kids got to come out and visit the site, Katy brought them out. So they had fun throwing sticks on the fires :)

It snowed.
My truck died.
It was cold.
My truck got fixed.
My truck died.
It got colder.
My truck got fixed.
I took my truck to be serviced.

I am blowing off the afternoon and going skiing on the new snow.

I got over my 3 or so year pout and let the 042 Stihl out of purgatory and got it running again .

Don't know what in the world was wrong with it .The carb innards were nice and supple ,just blew out the carb and it fired right up .:? Good grief that thing was made in 1976 ,I had no idea it was that old . Then again I remember when they first hit the market ,just doesn't seem that long ago .Time flies I guess .

Planted a dogwood this morning, which was nice. Then went and looked at a job and gave an estimate. Super Sketchy uprooted red oak, covered in english, hung in a double leader red maple 2/3 the hight of the oak. The tip of the red oak comes out past the maple about +30ft and could be climbed into from a tall pine or a tulip tree, but either way the thing is sketch. The maple is bent over like a New Orleans hooker, so you know that thing is going to move A LOT when someone starts taking weight off of it. There's also a 60-70 ft dead red oak to come down.

I wish I bid more, but all the wood is being left there. Zero Clean-up is what the guy wants, and it's all bomb material so....

Back