How'd it go today?

Been doing wiring on a house all day today. It was all the old "cob and button" or whatever you guys call that nasty old crap!! NASTY STUFF!!! Had to replace everything in the living room and run two new circuts from the breaker box.
I HATE the insulation itches, and it was cold as hell in the attic thank you!!

I never mentioned it here, but yesterday I finished hanging vinyl siding on two outbuildings/ garages for a friend. Banging nails for $10 an hour is a foreign concept for me but it's better than sitting at home doing nothing. It was nice to be doing something productive.

IT is official Arborworks tree Company, will be purchasing a 4x4 chip truck in the near future.

Got my chip truck stuck twice in two days. Not bogged down just slimy mud, no traction what so ever.

4 wheel and a winch would have come in handy both times.

Thank goodness for a bobcat and kubota tractor.

took Bub for a walk, problem is its -8C and snowy, icy , windy outside, so we went around the underground parkade, 5 times, about 2km overall, same as last night. Then just about 15 minutes ago he was standing at his little toy thingy, fell, split his lip. been upset and bleeding since.

sigh, keep trying to get him to bite on the paper towels and hope that the little guy coagulates. He skipped his afternoon nap and is extra pissy now, almost bedtime though....

meh, its good for him, he wasnt whining about being in pain, just about us fussing to get a napkin in his mug to dab the little bit of blood.

here he is between stopped bleeding and starting again, after getting some booby he opened it up a bit for some more bleeding. poor guy.

notice the little blood drop spots on his outfit.....

Attachments

• PC184772 (Medium).JPG
    PC184772 (Medium).JPG
    38.3 KB · Views: 37
Andy, the teething has its moments but this was a blunt trauma thing. :) he is fast asleep now, seems to have the pain tolerance of his old man, blood don't mean much, pain is relative. :)

MB ad RJS, yes, I agree. :D

I never mentioned it here, but yesterday I finished hanging vinyl siding on two outbuildings/ garages for a friend. Banging nails for $10 an hour is a foreign concept for me but it's better than sitting at home doing nothing. It was nice to be doing something productive.

Been there done that. My buddy has a vinyl siding company and I spent the coldest winter since I've been here working for him cutting the siding all day. It wasn't lucrative and it wasn't fun but it sure puts a fire under me to make my little tree service work.

Andy, the teething has its moments but this was a blunt trauma thing. :) he is fast asleep now, seems to have the pain tolerance of his old man, blood don't mean much, pain is relative. :)

MB ad RJS, yes, I agree. :D

Sory Paul, I missed that:cry::cry::cry:

Frozen bagels for teething....works....messy....but works.

(popsicles for a busted lip are good)

wait for the ER trips, Paul....oh I forgot...they only occur when dad is out of town or at work.

I got rained on twice and snowed on once and finished up the day with some 50mph gusts but it was above freezing and I got 6 Willows and an Ash pruned and whacked 2 small Aspens and a Russian Olive. I also picked up $20 for cutting 3 low limbs for the neighbor at the first job.
Feels good to get some work done.

I had supper with friends and got to hold a 3 month rugrat for half an hour without getting puked on. That makes for a pretty good day.

Boys will be boys... Bumps, scrapes, bruised, you name it...
Sometimes you just feel so helpless when they get hurt, but then you get used to how resilient they are... Levi will do a face plant off the tonka dump truck he was pushing down the driveway at full speed. And I mean hit hard.... Turn to look at me (and I am right on it) with those wimper eyes crying. I ask are you ok as I look him over.. He wimpers yeah...... Then brushes himself off and runs off with the dump truck.. "I ok Dad!" LOL

Back