How'd it go today?

I was using a standard BIC lighter for scale. I always try to provide a common item for scale in photos. Sometimes a hat, or a soda can, as a smoker, I always have a lighter handy, and most folks have an intrinsic idea of what size the ubiquitous BIC is.

A neighbor called me last night to see about a mountain bike ride at 7:00 am. Sure! Why not! I already had an afternoon ride planned with neighbors son, Paul. Did the morning ride. Worked out biceps and upper back. Did the afternoon ride. Paul really killed me. He’s good and rides 3 days a week on a team and he’s one of their fast ones. Strava (biking app) gave me lots of medals for the last ride.

Got home and grilled some food for quite a few family members on my wife’s side. It was a good gathering.

Lots of protein and early bedtime!

John, congratulations on your new whip!! Looks awesome!! Can’t wait to see it in person. Glad the boss forked over some of that well deserved green.

Attachments

• IMG_1600.png
    IMG_1600.png
    776.9 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_1599.png
    IMG_1599.png
    662 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_1601.png
    IMG_1601.png
    188.1 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_1602.png
    IMG_1602.png
    185 KB · Views: 2
Had a bear in camp last night.

View attachment 141479

It's not the best photo but it's the best track in camp. Not a huge animal either, but Arizona isn't known for huge bears.

Obviously it's not an issue, as I camp properly, but it is surprising considering how close I am to showlow and with how much traffic this area has.
Dude got et off his porch up there not long ago

Why the WTF? The Brit’s were rather cruel to India. Stealing a few trillion in gold and precious gems, many of which make up the Crown Jewels. Starvation of tens of millions due to policy changes in the 19 century. It’s all there in google searches and in the spoken history of the country. Gandhi choosing a peaceful resistance against the cruelty. Just saying the Royals have blood on their hands but they wear gloves so nobody sees.

Why then did the Brits die in droves keeping the Muslim and Hindu people apart?

Creating Pakistan in a effort to stop a genocide?

" It's in all the Google searches"

Oh dear. Carry on.

The Brit’s were protecting their interests nothing more. Plus equating the roughly 100,000 troops dying in battle to the roughly 40,000,000 starved to death isn’t the same thing.

Back at the trail, and also did a small bridge job. Boss is in pretty bad shape. I pretty much have to carry everything, and do all the setup that requires lifting, or significant muscle work. Got it done though. Checked the 4x4, and it works. I got in a loose section, put it in 4x4 and stomped it, and it just went. Did it again in 2x4 and it slipped. Haven't tested every aspect, but it probably works. 4x4 low and locked rear are untested.

Happy with the truck. I still prefer small trucks. Small trucks feel sporty, while full size feels ponderous, but whatever. The thing can get me to the jobsite, and that's what matters. This competes with my old dakota for best truck I've ever had here, if we don't count my personal cherokee I used to take on jobs. The cherokee is just about the bottom minimum for size doing this work. I could possibly work with a wrangler with some clever racking of gear. The cherokee made a cool survey truck. Could fit just about anywhere, and was as surefooted as a goat. I did one big boundary driving quad trails and creating some of my own through the woods, No way an f150 would've fit without a bunch of sawwork that I wasn't authorized to do.

Up in Mini-soda it’s starting to get pretty cool at night: Virginia creeper is probably the best guess. It’s a little early for Sweet Gum to start turning but there can be outlier individuals that pop color early. If that were the case it most likely would look a bit darker red like the uppermost mass. The lowest area does look like a vine-encased leader.

Back from a woodturning symposium up in Pennsylvania.

Fellow I know had a company in to take down two cherry trees, three dead ash and a Zelkova. Yesterday the young buck* and his crew doing the work nicely helped load with his Ditch Witch 800, and we got three trailer loads out. Buddies going back for more today. I’ll spend a few hours processing the logs I took into turning blanks, seal the ends, and stack for drying.

* turns out we know a lot of the same tree folk down his way in Maryland.

Attachments

• IMG_4047.jpeg
    IMG_4047.jpeg
    400.5 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_4042.jpeg
    IMG_4042.jpeg
    255.1 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_4039.jpeg
    IMG_4039.jpeg
    355.3 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_4037.jpeg
    IMG_4037.jpeg
    295.5 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_4036.jpeg
    IMG_4036.jpeg
    305.6 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_5375.jpeg
    IMG_5375.jpeg
    798.8 KB · Views: 4
Well, today is the day!
Cutting those cherry logs into bowl blanks. Stopped for a drink and now the 372 won’t start- that “ I am a coil that just crapped out” totally. dead feel to it.
Went down to the basement and got my very last OG 372 Powerhead. Time to first-time fuel and oil it and gently break it in…
I’ll figure out what’s up with the old one when I finish cutting and sealing blanks.

Attachments

• IMG_4115.jpeg
    IMG_4115.jpeg
    599.1 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_4117.jpeg
    IMG_4117.jpeg
    800.1 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_4118.jpeg
    IMG_4118.jpeg
    772.1 KB · Views: 6
Weren't you contemplating selling that saw a little while ago? Reinforces my inclination to never get rid of anything. If it's worth selling, it's worth keeping, and you may need it one day :^D

Didn't have anything urgent at work, so boss called and said he wanted to stay in the office. I just got in from patching the roof holes on the truck, and I'm trying to talk myself into, or out of(not sure which) buying the Milwaukee top handle saw. Damned Dave got it in my head, and it won't leave :^D

I'm very happy with the saw. Maybe not the very best battery top handle, but at $350 bare tool, sub $500 kit, it's a better investment than the "pro" saws at $1,000 kit if you already have a ton of M18 batteries. Of course it's another $34 plus dremel work if you want the dual West Coast dogs. :/:

Back