How'd it go today?

@FireFighterZero- Jimbo, do those critters need any 'medical treatment', e.g. salve, antibiotics, etc after branding or are they rugged enough to heal up on their own

Today kinda sucked for a bunch of reasons, but the biggest is I feel sick. Sort of feel like I have a cold, but not really. I get that when the weather changes. Very humid, not overbearingly hot, but not cool either. Makes me a little achy, scratchy throat, and feel like I'm on the verge of coughing, but don't. Also, zero energy. Just kind of go through the day in a haze.

@FireFighterZero- Jimbo, do those critters need any 'medical treatment', e.g. salve, antibiotics, etc after branding or are they rugged enough to heal up on their own
The brands heal fine with no attention.

The steers get a little tetanus because it's kinda late to be banding nuts.

I like that stump. Cool seeing the kids taking it's place.

"Helped" Mike lower a tulip poplar spar in his backyard, but I wasn't much help. Spurred up, took off two rounds, and couldn't get the third off. Needed to cut more, but my saw was trapped, and I was completely out of energy to deal with it. My hips were also killing me. I had to come down, and Mike finished. I was borderline panicking on the way down cause of my hips. Wanted to be out of my body. Got down, drenched in sweat, and almost puked. That's three times this season I've either puked, or almost did. I blamed it on the heat, and the earlier times made more sense, but today wasn't super hot; low 80s I think. Not sure what's up with that.

So... It was cool seeing Mike, but the day was kinda meh. I wasn't at all pleased with my performance. Hoping it gets easier when the weather gets better. In other news, the felling lever worked decent. I think that'll be a good addition. Aside from levering rounds off a spar, it worked well for splitting the poplar rounds after ripping them most of the way through. Rip down into the log, then lever them apart the rest of the way. Might not work as well on other woods, but it was gold on the poplar.

Old Bay makes just about everything better. It's great on corn on the cob. Spread butter, then dust liberally with OldBay.

Back