How'd it go today?

I’m surprised you were able to find that in Arizona. That type of seasoning seems to be mostly relegated to the mid Atlantic.
Old bay is available at most grocery stores. You'd be surprised what you'll find out here. Don't forget, the land of the desert sun is where all the folks who got tired of the cold go.

Is that pretty good? I think I've seen it in a crab house, but never in a grocery. Looks like they have some interesting blends...

Spending the day at the Delaware Veterans Memorial Cemetery where my Mom annd Dad are interred doing pro bono tree work with a great group from the Wilmington office of Bartlett Tree Experts and the grounds crew from the cemetery. Back when I first volunteered 'Saluting Branches' was only about 40 cemeteries. This year it was up to 100, including one in Mexico City. I've worked in several in NJ, the LA National Cemetery, and this year the local one in Bear, Delaware.

Julia, pictured here was a plant pathology student in RI. Her professor was a friend Brian, who rented a room from me back while he was undergrad at UD. It's a small world!

Attachments

• IMG_3956.jpeg
    IMG_3956.jpeg
    798.3 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_9725.jpeg
    IMG_9725.jpeg
    515.7 KB · Views: 13
One of the guys in the shop today said, in all seriousness, that he is convinced that the meat we buy in the supermarket is human. I have one timber left to finish, and sadly have an am and a pm appointment tomorrow. It will be push, but I'm hoping I can get it done so I never have to go back.

Boss got hurt yesterday at work, so I was off today. Went grocery shopping(German week at aldi!) and stopped at the thrift shop. Got a couple pair of nos socks, $2/pair. A little more than I'd want to spend on only 50% wool, but I couldn't resist the label...

IMG_20240920_174546547.jpg IMG_20240920_174558655.jpg

I'm guessing the label's from the 70s, but the socks actually sold in the early 80s. Looks like the mill was done by 99, so that's the newest they can be...

Spent a good bit of the day transferring stuff over to the new truck...

IMG_20240921_174601564.jpg

It's orange! :^D

Shit's still piled all over the place inside. I need to figure out where everything wants to go. Not used to having all this room to work with. High mileage at 170k, but it seems to run well. Still need to test the 4x4, and there's a bunch of holes in the roof that need to be plugged. Would've been cool if they left the lightbar. There's an aimable spotlight on the roof, but it doesn't appear to work. Might simply be a fuse. I may fool with it when I'm bored and it's cooler out, but isn't that useful to me.

Spent a good bit of the day transferring stuff over to the new truck...

View attachment 141474

It's orange! :^D

Shit's still piled all over the place inside. I need to figure out where everything wants to go. Not used to having all this room to work with. High mileage at 170k, but it seems to run well. Still need to test the 4x4, and there's a bunch of holes in the roof that need to be plugged. Would've been cool if they left the lightbar. There's an aimable spotlight on the roof, but it doesn't appear to work. Might simply be a fuse. I may fool with it when I'm bored and it's cooler out, but isn't that useful to me.
Wait, you got a new truck? Did I miss something or did you just drop a bomb and amble off?

Looks like an F150? Too new for me to feel accurate about my guess.

Way cool John! I don't wear orange anymore but that color looks kinda sharp.

It's a work truck, but it's mine to use for whatever. I flipped out at work a couple weeks ago due to not getting paid, and all the shit equipment we have. My truck I was using was rusted out, no 4x4, and no suspension. We then started using the boss' truck, and it doesn't have reverse. We had to park in a nearby parkinglot on the job cause the truck couldn't get to where it needed to be, and I had to carry my brushcutter, chainsaw, and all the shit I had to use to get the job done, cause I'm not leaving $2k of gear in a the parkinglot of a jail where I can't keep an eye on it, and that's when I flipped out. I got a bunch of money he owed me, and he was right on getting a new truck. I'm still a bunch of checks short, but I can live with that as long as I have decent gear to work with.

We won't discuss the death of the large format printer I made half size blueprints with, and now am left using my phone and 8.5"x11" papers at this time :^D

It's a 2016 F150, 5.0L motor. It's a work truck, so not many frills, but it's so much newer than the stuff I've had before, even a "work truck" has luxurious features compared to what I'm used to. It was a government truck from NJ. Not sure what they did. You can see the headache rack, and there used to be a toolbox back there. Doing roadwork of some kind. There's a few places on the dash that had stuff screwed in. Emergency lighting I guess, and maybe some other stuff.

It's pretty clean for a worktruck, and the few miles I've driven it's worked well. I just went out to check the 4x4. That's still up in the air. The various lights come one without complaint, but I'm not hearing much in the way of gears meshing. Maybe newer trucks don't do that? The lights did tell me I had to move the truck a little when switching it in/out of 4x4, and locking/unlocking the rear, so I'm hoping it's working. I'm not hearing much, but the computer didn't like something, told me to move, and it was then happy, so that's a good sign.

I think the orange is great. It's perfect for the work I do, and if not for Asplundh, I'd want it as treeco.

edit:
dropped a word, and it really bothered me.

Last edited:
@lxskllr Just find a soft bit of gravel or muddy dirt road, put it in 4x4 (high range is better for this test), and give it a solid but short punch of the throttle. Get out and check your tracks. You should see signs of wheel spin on at least one tire on each axle. Depending on whether it has a limited slip diff, and how well that particular model's LSD works, you may see wheel spin from three or all four tires.

It’s more common for them to be speaking Hindi and throw in English words than the other way around. But it can happen either way. Most Indians speak English fairly well so travel there is easy. British occupation/thievery/barbarism of India for almost 100 years is to thank for that.

Wtf?

Why the WTF? The Brit’s were rather cruel to India. Stealing a few trillion in gold and precious gems, many of which make up the Crown Jewels. Starvation of tens of millions due to policy changes in the 19 century. It’s all there in google searches and in the spoken history of the country. Gandhi choosing a peaceful resistance against the cruelty. Just saying the Royals have blood on their hands but they wear gloves so nobody sees.

Back