How'd it go today?

Another crappy day in paradise. The phone quit ringing last week when the temps dropped below 50 so I haven't been distracted by work and have been able to pursue more important and lofty goals such as rescuing largemouth bass from that frigid, 60 degree water. The sun came out today and things began to warm up so I grabbed the boat and headed out after lunch. My neighbor Jerry waved me down and since he wasn't working either, he decided to come along for the trip.

About 20 minutes after hitting the water we were working a shallow edge and I saw signs of frantic baitfish up ahead. I turned the boat slightly and cast to the right, letting Jerry have a shot at the hot spot. I got a hit and was reeling in a 3 lb'er when Jerry called out "Fish ON!" Mine got off in the weeds but Jerry pulled in this nice 6 lb'er (21" long). We worked the area a while longer and picked up a few more small ones. Then we fished another couple hours and never got another bite, but it was still a fantastic day.
:D

This is the only fish that I have ever caught.

Up in Black Lake, NY near Alexandria Bay.

Chucky's stomping ground.

Bass are a ball to catch.I had some 5 pounders in my pond back in another life.I imagine they are woopers by now if somebody didn't catch them all.

Oh say,that DVD thing.If you can,get a dvs recorder.Neat gizmo with an 80 gig hard drive,some bigger.Records,plays back,plays dvd's and burns them as well.You can watch a dvd and burn it at the same time.A tad over $300,on sale.

I've never done so but somehow you can use the patch cables and copy from Vhs to DVD ,cam-corder to DVD,etc.I imagine you could go from cd to DVD.The book is thick and I am slow,I'll get to it someday.:|:

I'll be spending today STILL cleaning up after my son's water bed broke yesterday morning.

He woke up with water up to his ears (laying down).....he said it felt just like he was in a warm bath.

He's a big boy, and there wasn't enough water in the mattress so he 'bottomed out'. The heater burned through the liner, and both top and bottom of the water mattress. Water EVERYWHERE!!!!

Luckily it only saturated the carpet within about 3 ft of his bed, it didn't empty fully so it was contained to the one room. AND....he's very lucky he didn't get burned, or worse.....ELECTROCUTED! He had a power strip next to the bed, I just now hung it up near the woodstove. Water poured out the outlet holes.

What a pita.

If he was in my family he'd get a life time of teasing for "wetting the bed" as a teenager.

Thanks, Gigi....what makes it worse is that I had just FINALLY figured out how to make his sheets stay on for more than a couple nights. (make hems around the outer edges and insert pvc pipe to anchor it)

He doesn't know what to make of this new bed....it's difficult to make the transition. I liked having the kids on waterbeds, they're heated in the winter so I never had to worry about them getting cold at night...unless the electricity went out, of course.

Darin, that's an idea....I'll try it.

Butch....check out eBay. Bunches there. Hard to find locally, though.

OK....back from errands and can't procrastinate any longer. I'd better get out into the cold.........brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

worked in the rain/drizzle all day, pruned from the ground (polesaw, pole pruner), 19 trees. sore neck, and wet all over. wore my raingear and sweatshirt today. my mistake. since its warm-ish I ended up sweating and getting cold. Tomorrow is the same weather forecast so, fleece and goretex gear is in order, same job to go finish. my biggest pruning job so far, 1/2 acre condo complex, stuff is about 10 to 15 years old, another day there and should be done. oh, and tomorrow I have to climb a few of them to get the stuff I cant reach from the ground, should be fun.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I did two different jobs today, with two different companies, gonna do the same tomorrow.

I don't care all that much for that.

I did two different jobs today, with two different companies, gonna do the same tomorrow.

I don't care all that much for that.

Oh c'mon BS, MB I know your working as a greeter at WAL MART.

Why can't you just be truthfull with us?? Dont be ashamed.

When it rains it pours, eh Butch? Glad you got some work going for a few days. I just picked up a nice job for next Monday and also got a call for a couple hours work tomorrow. I'm happy as long as work doesn't interfere with my fishing schedule...
:D

Can you get your camera crew to follow you into Wal Mart and get pics shopping in full climbing gear??:lol:

check out that pimped car behind you in pic #3 MB.8)

whats that at your left suspender Boss? a towel? howz that go?

NO! You wont even get inside Wallmart wearing it like that. Folks dont wont to see that chit. Your supposed to put it under your shirt.....Thats how I do mine

Back