How'd it go today?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
No, that's where I was working today. The house was alongside the property line.

I thought you got all done up for pics at Wallmart. Just so Reed would have something to say:D

oh i wondered who would gear up with hooks and all, i was starting to think you really are devout! :lol:

Hmm technically, my day is done. I went to my TIG class today because we were not able to meet Wednesday morning. I'm gonna go run a few errands and probably get back to making that welding cart.

We blasted out 4 day job in 2,gave the groundy a bonus ,we're all happy,me a little more so lol.

Easy day here....just fed out grain. I was missing 4 calves, found them basking in the sun in the next field. I laid down on the grass too, and watched them watching me. They came a bit closer, but not much.

There was a Mockingbird that flew in about 25 feet from me. Wanted to see what that big orange lump was laying there....and he hopped the whole way over. He got about three feet away from my face and then turned and hopped away.

Sweet day today that ended an awesome week for me. Headed out to the boonies took down six trees, three with my bucket and three with my wedges, good day I'm supposed to be getting some pics from the customer by e-mail. I think tomorrow I'm gonna go and buy my own digital camera. Got to wallop a couple monsters always makes me smile.:)

I love horses. I just watched a cool show on TV, Cowboy U, kinda a reality show about living on a working farm. Fun stuff!

Yay, another wonderful Tuesday. I had electronics this morning as usual, and came home did laundry, got bored and decided to finish re-assembling the MS210 since I did a minor muffler mod on it, plus a full service. Once that was done, even though it was drizzling, I decided to test it out... stock officially sucks. :lol:

crappy day. :angry6:

yesterday, i was taking out some osage orange limbs and the damn things came to life an bit me. I don't know if there's a thorn in there, their thorns cause irritations just by scratching. I cut/loaded half a truckload of it without a big problem, but as soon as I took off my gloves I could tell it was starting to swell.

now my knuckle hurts, is almost doubled, red, and hot.....did I mention it hurts?!

cold, cold rain all day....thought i'd just feed out hay as the grain would turn to mush before they even had a chance to get in....and to dump the troughs water would with this @#$#@% knuckle thing would really hurt.

so i tricked them, let them into another field so i could get into the hay without company....slip slided all over the field (luckily NOT the hillside)...right past a brand new calf (first of the year).....and came back to let the herd in. stupid animals.....they wouldn't go to the hay....they stayed right with me waiting for their grain. i had to walk up the hill, soaking wet from the waist down to my ankles, in the pouring rain to the top gate. I stopped here and there hoping they would just continue on....but they just stopped and waited with me. I had to walk down to the bales, get them started...and then SNEAK through a little island of trees to get back to the barn without them following me.

trudged over to check on the new calf. it was alive, that's good. mom was tossing her head around at me......but didn't advance. being the sap that i am....i walked to the barn, go a bucket of feed....and went back to the new mom.

i've had a mom charge me before doing this, so i was careful.....dumped it, she went straight for it....then called it quits and went home.

STILL raining.

it was rain, not FREEZING rain, i didn't fall, or get the tractor stuck, the calf was alive, the cows DID stay and didn't follow me through the woods, the fire was still going when I got home and it was toasty warm inside.....AND there's no red streak coming from this knuckle....so....i guess it's not been THAT bad a day. :|:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
You know you love it!

GreenAcres.gif

yesterday ended well, finally got our wardrobe in our newly renoed bedroom. Happy wife happy life. I definetly did not build this, but I had to pay for it that's gotta count for something right?

Bummer Thorns, Che.

Squisher Nice choice.

Here's my day. Side trimming Euc's at our new Shop location.
The closest shop to the ocean with the Gnarliest gusts and the weakest trees.
So Give it to the Tree Guys.

The last photo are these crazy stress cracks from a severely heavy limb.
The wood was integral though the bark was splitting, weird. Growing pains I guess.

I know some people enjoy looking at photos so I put a bunch up, when I can.
Here's a video link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ITfIS10z6M

Supposedly some kind of rigging (pulley system) to be able to pull a heavy
guy out of the bucket if injured, after a ground guy flys the boom down from the ground.

I've often wondered what we're going to do when that time comes.

Too bad Che. I didn't know that orange thorns were so nasty. Nice pictures Bodean. My cousin and I dropped my new to me 8.2 liter detroit in my forestry truck yesterday. Today we got it started, ran like crap, let it run for about a hour before it smoothed out. Still need to button up a few things. This has taken me so long it's embrassing. I am really starting to hate mechanic work since I took on this task that is clearly over my head. I hate getting out of bed in the morning to go work on it. Bitch session over.

Today was a decent day. Work is picking up. In the evening I noticed that my elbow seems to be swelling with a lot of fluid in it. If it has been hurting while I work, I haven't given it much thought. When I work I don't notice pain so much. Its only later when I am in the shower that I notice the cuts and bruises of the day. My elbow looked messed up enough for the wife to call the doctors office straight away. I think she guessed correctly that I would not. I think it is probably chainsaw elbow. If it gets puffier and more disgusting, I'll take a picture to share.

Back